Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story

Old 04-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Kuraudo

Can someone who has played this game compare it to "Don't Take it Personally?"

When this VN showed up on steam, I immediately went about playing through "Don't Take it Personally Babe, it Just Ain't your Story."

Having just finished that, my initial exuberance for playing this has wasted away. "Don't Take it Personally" probably has a good story for some people, but I really didn't like it on a personal level; it made too many decisions that I despised.

With that in mind, can anyone who has played through both VN's tell me if the plot in Analogue takes a less... pointless direction than "Don't Take it Personally?"

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:27 AM   #2
Cerzel

don't take it personally is a simple story about teenage melodrama (despite the ending twist), so it's pretty different to this, yeah. This is a much more serious story about... outdated gender roles in a futuristic setting.
I liked both stories, but I can see why people were put off by don't take it personally. You should grab the demo for Analogue. It'll be clear pretty quickly that they're quite different.
Cerzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
Kuraudo

Thanks for the reply!

Based on your advice, I demo-d up and ended up taking the full plunge. My main worry was that it was going to cram the writer's personal philosophy down my throat, and while it did seem to do that, it was well worth the experience overall. As a major plus, you can tell the game if you disagree with it via the conversation choices; wish I could have done that in "Don't Take it Personally!"

Thanks!

Last edited by Kuraudo: 04-28-2012 at 06:57 AM.
Kuraudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
1kimon0

*Somewhat spoiler-ish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuraudo View Post
As a major plus, you can tell the game if you disagree with it via the conversation choices; wish I could have done that in "Don't Take it Personally!"
But that's one of the major points (if not the biggest) of dtipbijays, no?
Hence the title.
1kimon0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
jrodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1kimon0 View Post
*Somewhat spoiler-ish*

But that's one of the major points (if not the biggest) of dtipbijays, no?
Hence the title.
Yeah, but as a play experience, it just ends up being annoying. You can have an artistic vision, execute it well, and still have it fail to work for players.
jrodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
spyrochaete

You don't like the decisions that are forced upon you in the story? Well, don't take it personally, babe. It's not YOUR story.
spyrochaete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story