Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Community Content / Contribution Project > TF2 Maps

Old 04-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
Fr0z3nR

[MAP] pl_rust - feedback welcome

***FEEDBACK OVERLY WELCOMED***
***DETAILING, NOT COMPLETE (feedback on what is there is also very welcome)***

Hi there!

This is pl_rust, a map I am working on for TF2Maps.net Major Contest #7. The map takes place in a mining facility nestled in a snowy canyon. It is single stage, Attack/Defend payload (Upward, badwater and barnblitz).

The map is current in its first beta, so detailing, layout and general gameplay is still being worked on, and as such, I would like to hear feedback from you nice folk in the community.

I can take negative feedback, but constructive feedback would be extremely helpful.

Image gallery

Links:
Download
TF2Maps.net Development Thread

Last edited by Fr0z3nR: 04-29-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
Mr. Reid

I think I remember this map. Wasn't there that one building thing from cp_foundry around the last point? Most I could remember was it was tedious pushing that last point because it goes up hill.

Either way if it's the same map I recall I enjoyed it (aside from that last push)
Mr. Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
Coffee009

Yeah I think the last push looks like it would kick blu's behind.
Coffee009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
yyler

The push ain't so bad. Earlier BLU rolled it like 10 times in a row.
yyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 AM   #5
Fr0z3nR

The final push has been pretty balanced in testing, either red can hold, or they can't. The past few times where blu rolled were on semi-low player counts, which isn't an excuse, but it is a reason. It is something I'll take into account, and will probably figure out a way to help red defend...

I am open to suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Reid View Post
I think I remember this map. Wasn't there that one building thing from cp_foundry around the last point? Most I could remember was it was tedious pushing that last point because it goes up hill.

Either way if it's the same map I recall I enjoyed it (aside from that last push)
Same map, yea. I had to take out the foundry prop because it was causing client crashing issues... and it wasn't that good of a finale focus. I'm still working on a good thing to blow up for this map.

Last edited by Fr0z3nR: 04-28-2012 at 06:29 AM. Reason: stuff
Fr0z3nR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Mr. Reid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0z3nR View Post
The final push has been pretty balanced in testing, either red can hold, or they can't. The past few times where blu rolled were on semi-low player counts, which isn't an excuse, but it is a reason. It is something I'll take into account, and will probably figure out a way to help red defend...

I am open to suggestions.

Same map, yea. I had to take out the foundry prop because it was causing client crashing issues... and it wasn't that good of a finale focus. I'm still working on a good thing to blow up for this map.
Take in mind last time I played on the map was when it was using only dev textures. (mostly anyways) So I'm sure a lot has changed for the better.
Mr. Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #7
SethBreloom94

Great scenery. Interested to see how well the final terminus plays out.
SethBreloom94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
Fr0z3nR

Okay, updated to pl_rust_b2.

Download
Images (thread)

(Updated OP)
Fr0z3nR is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Community Content / Contribution Project > TF2 Maps