Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story

Old 04-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #16
ghostmakermice

think about this - would the people of the ship have integrated into the current society if the ship had been found with hundreds of these occupants still alive and living their lives?

if they had survived, what would have happened to their mighty royalty once their entire civilization just became 'a few hundred survivors of an old ship'?

maybe without knowing it, Hyun-ae made the nicest choice she thought she had available, while still serving as revenge

I really like her, but man she's so emo sometimes
ghostmakermice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #17
Kuraudo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostmakermice View Post
you guys haven't come to the lesbian part yet, have you?
Are you talking about the one with the concubine or is there something going on between *Hyun-ae and *Mute in the harem-ending? Scandalous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDarkrai View Post
You know, I think you're taking this just a touch too far, in my humble opinion...

....In the end, what you think of her is up to you, but could you at least try to dial it a touch back? I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum knows how much you loathe her by now. Perhaps it's getting a touch excessive?
I think I'm taking it to its logical conclusion, sure. Why is that too far/excessive? I would also think it's entertaining to discuss/read about how someone loves to hate character X and is passionate enough to make posts on the unfeeling internet about it - it livens the forums up and opens your mind to (apparently) different points of view.

It's why I created the topic, to hear people's differing views. Don't you find the difference in opinion fascinating and worthy of exploration?

BONUS MODE: Some people like her enough to think she was completely justified in murdering every man, woman, and child aboard that ship. Keep them away from the President's Football and we should make it out ok (I hope).
Kuraudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #18
ghostmakermice

OK I got *Mute online before the reactor shenanigans and I went through the shutdown and vent with her

but she still doesn't seem even slightly interested in hearing about th Hyun-ae diary entry Forever Silenced

what do I have to do to get *Mute to care about it?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #19
deceze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostmakermice View Post
but she still doesn't seem even slightly interested in hearing about th Hyun-ae diary entry Forever Silenced

what do I have to do to get *Mute to care about it?
Has *Mute discussed Hyun-ae at all with you (more than just superficially)?
Hint: "*Mute's questions for *Hyun-ae" are not necessarily only for *Hyun-ae...
deceze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #20
EvilDarkrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceze View Post
Has *Mute discussed Hyun-ae at all with you (more than just superficially)?
Hint: "*Mute's questions for *Hyun-ae" are not necessarily only for *Hyun-ae...
I don't quite think so. I may just have done something wrong, but *Mute didn't seem the slightest bit interested in the questions, apart from admonishing me for not putting them to Hyun-ae.

EDIT: Just decided that spelling out all the answers wouldn't be any fun, so this statement be [REDACTED]
EvilDarkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #21
deceze

Quote:
I don't quite think so. I may just have done something wrong, but *Mute didn't seem the slightest bit interested in the questions, apart from admonishing me for not putting them to Hyun-ae.
Hmm, I don't know if you need to take some additional step, but volleying the first and second question back at *Mute gets her talking (I don't know if it's significant which question you choose). Maybe you've already had too many disagreements with her before...?
deceze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:28 AM   #22
EvilDarkrai

I wondered why her character seemed so flat to me...damn you game. Why must you be so subtle? XP

I'll try again and play more to *Mute's tune and see if I can't learn a little more about her.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:10 AM   #23
ghostmakermice

Quote:

EDIT: Just decided that spelling out all the answers wouldn't be any fun, so this statement be
[REDACTED]

I finally got it - I think we were all doing it right, it just takes some time and you have to let *Mute go on a rampage about everything bad that's ever happened to her - and then she suddenly
ASKED for that last diary entry

it was an ending to the continental breakfast they had suffered upon for almost a year

Last edited by ghostmakermice: 04-30-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #24
Pakuska

It seems to me that *Mute has been brainwashed and supressed or reprogrammed atleast. o_O

Anyway, I need help with getting the harem ending ._. I am also stuck at 98%, if someone can help me get the harem ending and the last 2%, just add me on steam same name. if you want. xD <3 cause im stumpted. ._.
Pakuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #25
xpogopuschelx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakuska View Post
I am also stuck at 98%, if someone can help me get the harem ending and the last 2%, just add me on steam same name. if you want. xD <3 cause im stumpted. ._.
I have the Harem ending but also just 98%...could this relate to the fact that entry 6.1 (the one that Hyun-ae deletes in the beginning)is missing?
xpogopuschelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #26
LegionZero

I'm firmly in the, "should have vented the ship earlier" catagory.

At the end of the day the people on the ship didn't have many generations left due to the obvious hazards of long space journeys (cosmic rays & accompanying radiation) reducing breeding population, incest and, the progressive dumbing down of the population it was inevitable either, they'd no longer be able to sustain a population so would die out, something would break on the ship and they'd not know how to fix it, so would die out or, the ships somehow ended up finding a planet by chance (nobody knew how to pilot it) and managed to land on auto pilot (remembering *mute seems to have forgotten how to make the ship work correctly. Then the small, backwards population of inbred dullards need to somehow make a home on a planet. Once finally met by the interstellar community I had imagined in my head, likely wouldn't get along very well.

Also Hyun-Ae never really had any contact with anyone outside of the "family" by the time she did they had already done _THAT_ to her so she was broken in spirit anyway and broken and beaten mistreated people do things that they may later regret. So how could she have been expected to really empathise with anybody else on the ship?

Also judging the AI by the actions of the Human is slightly off anyway, the AI didn't do it, the person did. The AI was in fact guilty about something she'd never done.

Another thing mentioned is - Hyun-ae & *Hyun-ae being childish, is that really suprising considering Hyun-ae was a normal 13 year old child from a modern culture with parents who brought her up believing she could be anything she wanted and one day she'd fall in love and have a relationship with someone she wanted to have a relationship with, suddenly becoming a 13 year old tool to eventually be sold on as sex slave who isn't even allowed to be literate, just for the benefit of some family she has nothing to do with. The following few years of her life she was treated as little more than cattle, how was she ever supposed to grow up?

Then *Hyun-ae spent the next however many hundreds of years in torper with nothing but the imprint of Hyun-ae, the ship logs and, the knowledge that "she" had killed the ships population.

No, Hyun-ae is a tragic figure that you wish you were there at the time to rescue from her tragic demise, while *Hyun-ae is there now hoping beyond hope that someone may care for her, and my ships hard drive is a fine place for her, until I get to Earth and commision an android remote for her to inhabit. The impression I get from the opening is that the character isn't big on real people.

Another thing that makes it particularly tragic, is it's a story that's happening right now in some parts of the world.
LegionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #27
EvilDarkrai

I never said I found it surprising. In fact, I argued to support the theory. :/
Old 04-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #28
Lord Norr

I'm Guessing no one picked up on the fact that the Kims killed the Queen because she was asking about Hyun-ae's muteness and stuff. Are we ok with the Kims killing someone?
Lord Norr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #29
Lord Norr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionZero View Post
I'm firmly in the, "should have vented the ship earlier" catagory.

At the end of the day the people on the ship didn't have many generations left due to the obvious hazards of long space journeys (cosmic rays & accompanying radiation) reducing breeding population, incest and, the progressive dumbing down of the population it was inevitable either, they'd no longer be able to sustain a population so would die out, something would break on the ship and they'd not know how to fix it, so would die out or, the ships somehow ended up finding a planet by chance (nobody knew how to pilot it) and managed to land on auto pilot (remembering *mute seems to have forgotten how to make the ship work correctly. Then the small, backwards population of inbred dullards need to somehow make a home on a planet. Once finally met by the interstellar community I had imagined in my head, likely wouldn't get along very well.

Also Hyun-Ae never really had any contact with anyone outside of the "family" by the time she did they had already done _THAT_ to her so she was broken in spirit anyway and broken and beaten mistreated people do things that they may later regret. So how could she have been expected to really empathise with anybody else on the ship?

Also judging the AI by the actions of the Human is slightly off anyway, the AI didn't do it, the person did. The AI was in fact guilty about something she'd never done.

Another thing mentioned is - Hyun-ae & *Hyun-ae being childish, is that really suprising considering Hyun-ae was a normal 13 year old child from a modern culture with parents who brought her up believing she could be anything she wanted and one day she'd fall in love and have a relationship with someone she wanted to have a relationship with, suddenly becoming a 13 year old tool to eventually be sold on as sex slave who isn't even allowed to be literate, just for the benefit of some family she has nothing to do with. The following few years of her life she was treated as little more than cattle, how was she ever supposed to grow up?

Then *Hyun-ae spent the next however many hundreds of years in torper with nothing but the imprint of Hyun-ae, the ship logs and, the knowledge that "she" had killed the ships population.

No, Hyun-ae is a tragic figure that you wish you were there at the time to rescue from her tragic demise, while *Hyun-ae is there now hoping beyond hope that someone may care for her, and my ships hard drive is a fine place for her, until I get to Earth and commision an android remote for her to inhabit. The impression I get from the opening is that the character isn't big on real people.

Another thing that makes it particularly tragic, is it's a story that's happening right now in some parts of the world.
Wow. That was well said (and my thoughs too).
Lord Norr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #30
MrPuschel

Quote:
This is an interesting point. Is *Hyun-Ae Hyun-Ae, or is she more a copy of her a few moments before her own dead. Which means the real Hyun-Ae died back then. If then, is the copy a real being? That question leads out of the games focus i guess.

Aside this, if i place myself in the situation of the salvage guy, i would not trust *Hyun-Ae. Or at last i would not allow her to board my ship/download her without proper security measures. She may be never "really" did it, but *Hyun-Ae is still a exact copy of Hyun-Ae at the moment of her death where she was probably insane and paranoic. Even if i can understand why she was, this makes her a potential threat.

Quote:
I'm Guessing no one picked up on the fact that the Kims killed the Queen because she was asking about Hyun-ae's muteness and stuff. Are we ok with the Kims killing someone?
I thought about this too, but i don't think the Kims would lay hand on the emperors wife. She was pretty old so far and the sentence "To much wood" or was it "Excesive wood?" means something like "She had a temper" i think. Also she was propably ill or already damaged by long-term incest in her own family and the straitened doctor just acted like a women with at last some kind of free will has to die early. Such thinking was popular, even in europe till the 20th century.

Oh, after reading "Finally silenced" are there some other people who just wanted to jump trough the screen and beat the out of those Kims?. I love it if a fiction give me characters i can seriously hate.

Last edited by MrPuschel: 04-30-2012 at 06:40 PM.
MrPuschel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story