Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Pole Position 2012

Old 04-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
crimsonuk

Warning

This is a warning to all who think about buying this at the moment the game is broke it seems this game is still in beta if u want to buy wait till it is fixxed if it ever gets fixed

it is not worth the money i paid and tell you not to buy this unless you really want somthing just to take up space on ur pc

the game has a good idea i would wait about a year for them to fix this
Old 04-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
sp23hagbard5

Warning: Do not buy at the moment

game is nearly unplayable thanks to an insane ammount of bugs and overall bad game design
the devs are working on fixing the problems, but RTM and pole position 2010 (the 2 predecessors) are still in a jarate-poor state, so don't expect too much from their fixing attempts.
actually: PP12 could easily be an add-on for RTM/patch for PP10
sp23hagbard5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
armandoxyz

damn ... just bought it .. can't play it ... wont start on OS X ... damn damn damn damn damn damn
armandoxyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
sp23hagbard5

lucky you
spares you the pain and agony of actually playing it
sp23hagbard5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
Ruiner82

I don't find it to be a bad game at all, it's not great (there really needs to be some sort of feedback during/after the races), but's decent enough.
Ruiner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
MaidenMadness

Thanks for the warning.

One question as I am really interested in buying this game. Is there any word from the developers on when is it reasonable to expect the bug fixes?
MaidenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
Ruiner82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenMadness View Post
Thanks for the warning.

One question as I am really interested in buying this game. Is there any word from the developers on when is it reasonable to expect the bug fixes?
The bug fixes have already been applied, even if the version number doesn't update on the launcher. The freezing was solvable for myself and a few other people by forcing the game into using a single core.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #8
FootplateManWSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruiner82 View Post
The bug fixes have already been applied, even if the version number doesn't update on the launcher. The freezing was solvable for myself and a few other people by forcing the game into using a single core.
What indications did you get that proved you have the latest version if the launcher tells porkies?
FootplateManWSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
naturalhighNZ

Yeah I am pretty angry about this - I bought this thinking oh great finally an F1 manager sim!

And then I saw the MetaCritic rating which is appalling, and then I tried to play it! What an ABSOLUTE waste of money and I think Steam shouldn't include games like this if it's so buggy and unfinished!
naturalhighNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:10 AM   #10
Soulcrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalhighNZ View Post
Yeah I am pretty angry about this - I bought this thinking oh great finally an F1 manager sim!

And then I saw the MetaCritic rating which is appalling, and then I tried to play it! What an ABSOLUTE waste of money and I think Steam shouldn't include games like this if it's so buggy and unfinished!
Maybe this will remind you to check metacritic before actually buying a game you never heard of.

But, you can ask steam for a one time refund which will remove your game and put the money in your steam wallet
Soulcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #11
Ruiner82

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootplateManWSR View Post
What indications did you get that proved you have the latest version if the launcher tells porkies?
Because there was a bug where your car couldn't be overtaken during a pit stop. This doesn't happen anymore.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #12
FootplateManWSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruiner82 View Post
Because there was a bug where your car couldn't be overtaken during a pit stop. This doesn't happen anymore.
Thanks. I'll try it.
FootplateManWSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
ltjackso

To compliment the first 2 posters, don't buy this game. I play all sorts of text based managerial games from Steam available Football Manager to Out of the Park Baseball. This game is at best an alpha shell. It has some of the bits needed for a good managerial game, but its almost unplayable. I can get it to run, and even do a few things, but it requires a lot of intuition. Even with intuition, you get screwed often unless you save before nearly every decision you make.

For example, let's say you finally figured out how to order an engine and appoint your drivers. Now you want to do a test drive. Not too hard to pick a track and enter the test drive interface. Hit the green button and the cars go; except they have no fuel. So after the cars quit running in 3 laps and less than 10 minutes into the 60 minute test, you now have to run the remaining 50 minutes to get back to an interface to reload your game and try again. The only saving grace is that you can speeed up the 50 minutes, or ctrl-alt-delete out of the game. So the game is reloaded and try the game. You pit, add fuel, but good luck figuring out how to change tires. You can change the type of tire and thus get fresh tires. But if you want the same type, there's no means to ask for them. If you don't do this, then the fuel you added will get you past 3 laps, but about ten laps later your car will stop when the tires fail. Once again, you have about 40 minutes left to go in the test drive.

If you want to pay to be a beta tester, whose comments will likely be ignored; then buy this game.
ltjackso is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Pole Position 2012