Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series

Old 04-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
TheHaloHobo

Napoleonic Wars Audio problem?

I apologize to anyone if I am not posting in the right area. But, I would really like to get this problem resolved.

I had to re-download Napoleonic Wars for Warband twice already, because it wouldn't load some textures and would crash. Now, I have a probably even more annoying problem. Throughout Custom Battle, and Multiplayer, I believe every single voice and line that the characters say are all played the entire time I play; all at once. Every single audio recording for a person is constantly playing, forcing me to completely mute the game. I am willing to re-download it again, it is just very frustrating, and takes away the experience of the game. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you. (I am highly experienced with modding, and file modification, so I will get whatever help you offer.)
Old 04-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
dmanthey

This may seem obvious but are your drivers up to date? Video and Audio. Also make sure Windows is up to date.

When asking questions like these you should also list some more info. What are your system specs?
dmanthey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
TheHaloHobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanthey View Post
This may seem obvious but are your drivers up to date? Video and Audio. Also make sure Windows is up to date.

When asking questions like these you should also list some more info. What are your system specs?
I apologize, I didn't realize my system specifications would be needed. Yes, I just updated my drivers, and the problem has not been resolved. And my Windows 7 is perfectly up to date.

Here are my system specifications:

Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Processor:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory:
6144MB RAM
Hard Drive:
628 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (Can run every M&B game absolute max settings 60 FPS)
Monitor:
Sound Card:
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110622-1503)
TheHaloHobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #4
Asphe

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ or http://download.cnet.com/Realtek-Hig...-75317047.html

The version of the Realtek Audio driver should be 2.5 or higher. The above links should get you the current 2.68 version. If you are downloading from Dell Support... or off the Support CD... it's either 2.1 or 2.4

As for video, while the GT430 should have little problem with MnB, it will choke on WB if you have it at max settings. But then the problem would be obvious graphics lag... not the sound problems you are having.

-----

IF you have only having this problem in Warband (i.e. version 1.5x) but not in Warband, then you have a sound bug problem that seems to have hit a few people using 1.5x You can go here for more information as it appears.
Asphe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series