Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story

Old 04-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
deceze

Question Copy command and *Mute (SPOILERS!)

Is there any use for the copy command in the terminal? I have been poking around it, but there doesn't seem to be much of a point. After the reactor incident, you only seem to have enough power for one core, and storing both AIs in one doesn't seem to be doing much. (Maybe I have to try for ending 2 with both AIs in the same core again?)

Also, is *Mute accessible at all after the reactor incident? Trying to reactivate her afterwards doesn't seem to work.

Hints are fine, just wanting to know whether I'm wasting my time on this or not...
Old 04-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
dizzyqviper

The ai that gives you the meltdown warning is the one that remains accessible. so if you want to go with mute you have to activate her when the static starts and wait until she gives you to the warning.

I suppose the copy thing has to do with the harem ending but i have the same issue. nothing i do keeps the other ai accessible after the incident and just gives me the vague switching error no matter what i try rendering the copy command seemingly pointless.

My biggest gripe is the remaining ai will not even acknowledge there is a problem with the other ai. IE *mute still presses me to ask hyun-ai about the incident even though i cant access hyun-ae.

maybe its something obvious but a hint would indeed be nice.
dizzyqviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
ghostmakermice

I was thinking about that too

also, (I took Mute offline after the reactor shenanigans) the main computer told me that she may be salvageable up to 24 hours after the reactor went offline

since I stabilized the reactor, why can't I turn it back on and try to restore Mute?

I'm loving this game - it's been very worth the $9.99 to me so far
ghostmakermice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
EvilDarkrai

Once you open *Mute's questions for *Hyun-ae, you are locked into the story progression for the AI that you are currently communicating with IE if you open them while you are talking to *Mute then you will be locked in with *Mute's story. The other AI cannot be accessed even before deactivating their core.

Also, the copy command does have a function, but to tell you what it is would be to spoil the fifth ending. I'll give you a hint to find it, since it's very obscure.

In order to achieve the fifth ending you need to make *Mute sympathize with *Hyun-ae for what she did. What could you show her that would do that...? :P
EvilDarkrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
ghostmakermice

so it kind of depends on how thoroughly you interview Hyun-ae before the meltdown I guess - I'm going to try to save them both this time - be back later
ghostmakermice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
deceze

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDarkrai View Post
Also, the copy command does have a function, but to tell you what it is would be to spoil the fifth ending. I'll give you a hint to find it, since it's very obscure.

In order to achieve the fifth ending you need to make *Mute sympathize with *Hyun-ae for what she did. What could you show her that would do that...? :P
Hehe, yes. One more hint: It's not actually possible to get this information in the same sitting as achieving this ending.

And one more: Do not use the copy command until you know you need it. The only thing you can possibly achieve before that is to lock yourself out of one of the other endings.
deceze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #7
Kitsune Zeta

Here's another couple of hints:

1) When you go down *Mute's path, she ends up mentioning that she only skimmed over portions of The Pale Girl's diary, saying she couldn't stand reading the bulk of it. She also hates The Pale Girl for her "completely unjustified and unforgivable" actions. That should help you find the one log you need to drastically change her opinion of her.

2) No log in the entire game is "lost forever" if you pay well enough attention. For instance, if you were to note everything about the letter in block 6 that pops up at the start, you can show it to *Hyun-ae at the start and then, after getting *Mint online, show the same letter to her despite *Hyun-ae removing it from the list. This does, by the way, apply to more than what logs the AI personalities have shown you that session...
Kitsune Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
Kuraudo

Spoilers and junk

SPOILERS I SAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune Zeta View Post
Here's another couple of hints:
She also hates The Pale Girl for her "completely unjustified and unforgivable" actions.

You're kidding me, she actually forgives her if she reads that? Christ, now I hate Mute too.
Kuraudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
Kitsune Zeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuraudo View Post
You're kidding me, she actually forgives her if she reads that? Christ, now I hate Mute too.
not entirely, but it does put those two on speaking terms afterwards.
Kitsune Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
Kuraudo

This I have to see; thanks for the information!
Kuraudo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Analogue: A Hate Story