Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Str8UpNinja

Remove Random Crits

I am completely serious. Random crits are a abomination. Controlled crits are fine since they are earned. This game would be way more fun if a player didn't randomly do massive damage from sheer luck.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
Doomthief

Random crits are part of the game.

Stop whining
Old 04-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
R2SS

Hi, I'm a two year old complaint.

GTFO.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
Yezplot

Change random crits into random mini crits. One side gets their stupid randomness luck factor, and the other doesn't get one hit killed cause the other guy had a date with Lady Luck.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
gomixy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomthief View Post

Stop whining
Bugs are a part of this game

Stop fixing
Old 04-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
Koobadoobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8UpNinja View Post
I am completely serious. Random crits are a abomination. Controlled crits are fine since they are earned. This game would be way more fun if a player didn't randomly do massive damage from sheer luck.
Thanks for making another one of these. We all know that now that there are officially 500 threads about this topic, people will change their mind and agree with you.

By this point, everyone has their own opinion of random crits. Valve isn't removing them, and if you don't like that you can play on a no-crit server (that's why they exist)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomixy View Post
Bugs are a part of this game

Stop fixing
how can you even compare the two? Crits are not bugs; they are part of the game's balance. They don't need to be fixed.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
gomixy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koobadoobs View Post
Thanks for making another one of these. We all know that now that there are officially 500 threads about this topic, people will change their mind and agree with you.

By this point, everyone has their own opinion of random crits. Valve isn't removing them, and if you don't like that you can play on a no-crit server (that's why they exist)

how can you even compare the two? Crits are not bugs; they are part of the game's balance. They don't need to be fixed.
Fun Fact: Crits are not a part of the games balance, no matter what bad players say. A big reason why many people here joke about the no random crits downside.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #8
PolyCement

can we just get an option to let us choose no random crits servers when using play now??? i'm happy for the bads to keep their random crits so long as i don't have to take a crocket up the every couple of minutes
Old 04-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #9
Akijojo

How about WEEEEE remove YOOOUUUU?!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #10
Koobadoobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomixy View Post
Fun Fact: Crits are not a part of the games balance, no matter what bad players say. A big reason why many people here joke about the no random crits downside.
OK.

Does it make the game based on skill? No. That doesn't mean it isn't a part of the game's balance. Technically, everything is a part of the game's balance, for better or worse. Saying crits aren't part of the game is like saying it's ok for the spy or sniper to be UP because they aren't used in 6v6 anyway, so only noobs will say it's important.

Random Crits get people to keep playing the game. A game like TF2 has been around long enough that joining the game can be incredibly frustrating because of how good people have gotten through experience. Random Crits allow noobs to enjoy the learning experience by every once in a while helping out those noobs. An experienced player isn't going to quit just cause a noobs randomly crits him a few times, but an inexperienced player might go on a big killing spree with them, and that's what would make him stay with the game long enough to be good enough to not need crits. If you don't like crits, there's no reason to complain. You can easily find a server without them.

JSYK, I play on nocrit servers. I personally am hurt more than helped by crits. That doesn't mean I want crits out of the game. They're a great way to get more people playing the game and that's always a good thing.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #11
Vixori

Quote:
You can easily find a server without them.
HAHAHAHAHAH

Good joke, sir.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #12
Jake Teh Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomthief View Post

Stop whining
So if this game involved getting poop dumped on your face you would tell people not to whine because Valve put it there?

Random crits are pretty stupid, more servers should have them turned off.

Quote:
I don't really think that when I am about to kill someone because I have better aim than them and them getting a random crit to kill me very balanced.

Last edited by Jake Teh Nub: 04-29-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #13
Koobadoobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixori View Post
HAHAHAHAHAH

Good joke, sir.
Look in the server browser. It literally takes me thirty seconds. Then just add them to favorites.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #14
WeirdScout

Random crits suck. We know. End of story.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:47 AM   #15
Yezplot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koobadoobs View Post
Look in the server browser. It literally takes me thirty seconds. Then just add them to favorites.
Finding one is easy, finding a good one that's populated? You have a better chance of ting a golden wrench.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2