Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
mandeep1803
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 3
Lightbulb Steam Gift Cards?

I know that there is no such thing as Steam gift cards, but I seriously think Valve should consider it. I have a 25 dollar gift card, but I wish it was a steam gift card as I really don't feel like going to gamestop. I would much rather support steam. It would be a great idea if we have a steam wallet like PSN where we can just activate a gift card or use a credit card to add funds.

How many of you would be willing to support such an idea? We can have steam gift cards for sale on GameStop, BestBuy, Amazon, Walmart, etc.
mandeep1803 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
MrPegiShixteen
 
Banned
Join Date: Apr 2012
Reputation: 68
Posts: 304
We do have a steam wallet where we can add funds already from a credit card.

What am I missing here my friend?
MrPegiShixteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
PELUXA1
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 1289
Posts: 9,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandeep1803 View Post
I know that there is no such thing as Steam gift cards, but I seriously think Valve should consider it. I have a 25 dollar gift card, but I wish it was a steam gift card as I really don't feel like going to gamestop. I would much rather support steam. It would be a great idea if we have a steam wallet like PSN where we can just activate a gift card or use a credit card to add funds.

How many of you would be willing to support such an idea? We can have steam gift cards for sale on GameStop, BestBuy, Amazon, Walmart, etc.




Errr....


Steam Wallet
PELUXA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Tito Shivan
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 3406
Posts: 9,078
Been debated countless times, It doesn't add enough to steam as to put the effort in it.
Manufacture, distribution and control costs, not to mention stores would have to take a share of it. Loss of money for a not guaranteed income.
Meanwhile having a CC or alike is easy ,direct and not limited.

And already exist prepaid/paysafe cards who fill that gap without Valve having to be involved in it.

Would be nice? totally.
Will it happen? Don't think so,
Tito Shivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
mandeep1803
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 0
Posts: 3
I forgot about that. My bad. What do you guys think about the gift card than?
mandeep1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
mattf2101
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPegiShixteen View Post
We do have a steam wallet where we can add funds already from a credit card.

What am I missing here my friend?
Where the problem is, is that (like in my case), my family has no idea what Steam is and isn't about to make an account to gift me a game. What would be nice is if they could buy a gift card (even just a digital one) through Amazon that I could then use. Or I could buy it myself with the Amazon gift cards we frequently give each other.

I understand the hassle involved but it would increase revenue (While you're at it, please fix that offline issue).
mattf2101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
spartan0078
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 1613
Posts: 2,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandeep1803 View Post
I forgot about that. My bad. What do you guys think about the gift card than?
Are you new?

Steam gift cards came out about a month ago lol
spartan0078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
FuelNjekt3dFear
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 1
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan0078 View Post
Are you new?

Steam gift cards came out about a month ago lol
Well, the OP posted this about 2 months ago. Sooooo yeah
FuelNjekt3dFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.