Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Microsoft Flight

Old 04-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
J van E

VOR in Flight!

I started a topic on AVSIM about using VOR in Flight. I thought about posting it all here too because I am sure some people might find it interesting, but it seems I can't post pictures over here and without pictures it's all rather useless. So I decided to simply post a link here to the AVSIM topic.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/372241-the-big-vor-topic/

Using VOR in Flight is great and really adds something to the overall experience! Without VORs I might not even play Flight anymore by now. I am VERY glad MS added this sim element to the game!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 02:14 AM   #2
J van E

Glad you liked it!
J van E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
n4gix

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader58 View Post
Up until now I've only been using VOR's for doing ILS landings, now I can make full use of them.
Just as an added bit of knowledge, you've been using localizers and glideslope transmitters for ILS landings.

Localizers have a single radial aligned with the runway normally, although they are sometimes offset for terrain avoidance.

Glideslope transmitters likewise have a single vertical radial, typically aligned at 3º leading to the threshold of the runway.

VORs on the other hand, have 360 radials, hence the "omnirange" part of the name.
n4gix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:11 AM   #4
Prune

I also found this excellent series of videos on the Perfect Flight website. They show you VOR`s in action and he gives good explanations of what he is doing and why -

http://www.fs2000.org/index.php/movi...utorial-part-i
Prune is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Microsoft Flight