Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3

Old 04-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
DarkPhoenix966

Banned
Is Activision trolling us? e.e

Okay I love every Cod .. But it's almost getting funny how they act like they made best game of the world that noone can make a better game than theirs while it's only like new maps and some new weapons... I think in the new CoD, MW4 or blackops 2 whatever, they should do special things and not only like things from older cods
Old 04-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #2
Smile286

They not trolling, they just don't (or "a little") care...
Smile286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
thetenfold

They are simply farming peoples' money, nothing more, nothing less. They took the MW2 engine, tweaked a few things, then switched up the guns/maps/killstreaks and called it a new game.

The funny thing is, Battlefield had a ton more improvements to their engine and game in general than Call of Duty did, and Call of Duty had a longer development time (2 years for IW, and 2 years for Treyarch, 1.5 years for DICE).
thetenfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
AmphibiousKitty

They think sales = best game in the world.
AmphibiousKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #5
PedexReemexDK

$_$ Moneyvi$on proudly presents:
Call of Duty: Gotya money 4
PedexReemexDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:32 AM   #6
Vinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetenfold View Post
They are simply farming peoples' money, nothing more, nothing less. They took the MW2 engine, tweaked a few things, then switched up the guns/maps/killstreaks and called it a new game.

The funny thing is, Battlefield had a ton more improvements to their engine and game in general than Call of Duty did, and Call of Duty had a longer development time (2 years for IW, and 2 years for Treyarch, 1.5 years for DICE).
And yet MW3 is more popular than BF3.
Vinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #7
DarkPhoenix966

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinto View Post
And yet MW3 is more popular than BF3.
Because everyone loves it but at the same time expects more... Even I love to play it but I think when they do more on it, it will be even better.

And I hate people taking action just for money...
DarkPhoenix966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:59 AM   #8
Dante*

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmphibiousKitty View Post
They think sales = best game in the world.
"best game" is all relative. I hated BF3, but some people love it. I loved Black Ops, but some hated it. One man's meat is another man's poison.

Say what we will about the COD franchise, there are a hell of a lot of copy cats, so they must be doing something right. Even Tribes Ascend copies it, with progressive ranking and perks; Homefront did it; Even BF3 is trying to get in on the popularity of COD's close-quarter infantry-only combat, with the BF3 "close-quarter" DLC. The Battlefield fans aren't happy. They are fearing DICE/EA will develop the next Battlefield title to be exclusively close-quarter and ditch vehicles and big maps.

All in all, judging a game to be the "best game" is all subjective. Who decides what what the criterion for "best" is?
Dante* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:02 AM   #9
D3@h_W15h

This is what happens when a community gets one end of the stick. I wouldnt care if this was from the begining, as I understand that in life some people in power will cater to the majority first. However, since this FPS became popular because of the PC community, it is pathetic that we are being neglected. This is what happens when money hungry people get into power.
D3@h_W15h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:34 AM   #10
thetenfold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante* View Post
"best game" is all relative. I hated BF3, but some people love it. I loved Black Ops, but some hated it. One man's meat is another man's poison.
Sure, but I think we can all agree that DICE put a lot more work into their game (completely re-vamped engine), and a lot more PC features.

Quote:
Say what we will about the COD franchise, there are a hell of a lot of copy cats, so they must be doing something right. Even Tribes Ascend copies it, with progressive ranking and perks; Homefront did it
Sure, but in the same respects, COD copied Homefront in the sense that in Homefront, you could have class-specific killstreaks. COD was very innovative, but now they're barely coming up with anything. So if they don't come up with anything soon, they might be copying more ideas from other games.

Quote:
Even BF3 is trying to get in on the popularity of COD's close-quarter infantry-only combat, with the BF3 "close-quarter" DLC. The Battlefield fans aren't happy. They are fearing DICE/EA will develop the next Battlefield title to be exclusively close-quarter and ditch vehicles and big maps.
I don't own BF3 (mainly because my PC can't run it), but I do think this seems like a bad idea.
thetenfold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:21 AM   #11
Dante*

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetenfold View Post
Sure, but I think we can all agree that DICE put a lot more work into their game (completely re-vamped engine), and a lot more PC features.

Sure, but in the same respects, COD copied Homefront in the sense that in Homefront, you could have class-specific killstreaks. COD was very innovative, but now they're barely coming up with anything. So if they don't come up with anything soon, they might be copying more ideas from other games.

I don't own BF3 (mainly because my PC can't run it), but I do think this seems like a bad idea.
Infinity Ward were updating their engines back in the day when DICE were still sitting on their laurels. Back in 2007, the COD4 engine was the best game engine for FPS games for its time, which put DICE's then engine - the Refractor engine - to shame. It was so advanced for it's time, that the COD4 engine won industry award after award for the most "photo realistic" engine of it's time. So, it was long over due for DICE to finally update their engine.

As the XBOX 360 is the lead platform for the COD franchise, and as it runs on DX9, there has been no compelling reason for them to create a newer engine. They certainly wouldn't do it just for the PC, because the budget for PC support continues to dwindle year after year as sales drop off more and more. If there is ever going to be a time when they will make a newer engine, it will be when the next generation of consoles come out. There is simply no reason for them to do it before.
Dante* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #12
PedexReemexDK

Quote:
the COD4 engine was the best game engine for FPS games for its time, which put DICE's then engine - the Refractor engine - to shame. It was so advanced for it's time, that the COD4 engine won industry award after award for the most "photo realistic" engine of it's time. So, it was long over due for DICE to finally update their engine.
the "cod" engine has nothing to it, its was made in 1999 and now they are just making the guns shiy(er) and more dust and fog in the air. You can take prettymuch any engine and make it "photo realistic" just add some high res textures and models shadows and silly effects, but the quake engine is just very light compared to DICE's frostbite 2 wich lags every non supercomputer
PedexReemexDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #13
Pinchy_

It keeps happening because there are people stupid enough to feed them money for weak effort.
Pinchy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #14
mx_

People like the new releases, so people buy it. People buy a company's product because they like it, so the company gets paid. It's a perfect business world.

But off topic, I wish people would stop assuming the next game is going to be MW4. There's literally no reason to continue the MW series. It ended perfectly.

Also, did I forget to mention that IW works on MW, and not 3Arc? People these days...
mx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #15
todor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix966 View Post
Okay I love every Cod .. But it's almost getting funny how they act like they made best game of the world that noone can make a better game than theirs while it's only like new maps and some new weapons... I think in the new CoD, MW4 or blackops 2 whatever, they should do special things and not only like things from older cods
If you don't like the game don't buy it.
Stop complaining like a little girl.
todor is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3