Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection

Old 04-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
Apheirox

SOTS1 'Flag as guard' grief

I find it insanely annoying that this would-be useful feature has any new ships constructed from the planet automatically put into the guard fleet. If I want the guard fleet bolstered I will assign more ships to it myself, thank you very much!

Is there any way to have new ships not automatically join the 'invisible' (minimized tab) guard fleet so I can actually see them once I've built them?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
Sockmess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apheirox View Post
I find it insanely annoying that this would-be useful feature has any new ships constructed from the planet automatically put into the guard fleet. If I want the guard fleet bolstered I will assign more ships to it myself, thank you very much!

Is there any way to have new ships not automatically join the 'invisible' (minimized tab) guard fleet so I can actually see them once I've built them?
Yeah see SOTS1 being a good game is still stupid. You know how when you build ships they all go to a fleet that the last built ship was entered? Basically you shouldn't make a guard fleet without first making it to a new fleet. That means taking all but one ship and make it as a new fleet and then move that lone ship into the new fleet. Now when you build your next ship that one will start a new fleet and all other proceeding ships that you build will join that fleet.
Sockmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
Apheirox

It is a rather stupid design, true. One has to wonder at how the devs themselves aren't annoyed by it and changes it.

Best thing I've figured out about it is to look for the asterisk which apparently signifies which fleet is receiving new ships off the factory line. So, as long as you see the asterisk on your defense fleet you might want to look in its stack for new ships. Workable, but badly designed. Obviously, that asterisk should never have gone on the sleeper fleet.
Apheirox is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection