Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Pole Position 2012

Old 05-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
Steeletto

Question Tyres!

Err...
I suppose I am just stupid, but how do I change tyres during a race? Don't tell me I can't, because that would just be downright stupid...
I know I can change to another type of tyre, but if I want to stay with my first choice and just swap to a fresh set...How do I do this?
Flipping back and forth between sets still leaves me with a worn out set on the car, unless I choose another type.

I am so tyred...

Last edited by Steeletto: 05-01-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
faction123

I havn't found a way to do what you're looking for. However if you don't want tires wearing out so much, use the hardest ones (slider to the right=soft, left=hard)

Use the softest weather appropriate tires for training and quals then use the hardest for races to limit the amount of stops.
faction123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
ltjackso

The only way I know to change tires is to change compound everytime you come into the pits. I'm not even positive that works, because I'm not sure which wear bar I should be looking at. It also would seem intuitive that you would want the tires to warm up, but in this "simulation", I think they use that bar to show wear. Except, there are two bars.
ltjackso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #4
Ruiner82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjackso View Post
The only way I know to change tires is to change compound everytime you come into the pits. I'm not even positive that works, because I'm not sure which wear bar I should be looking at. It also would seem intuitive that you would want the tires to warm up, but in this "simulation", I think they use that bar to show wear. Except, there are two bars.
The one on the right is the tyre wear. The 3 bars down the bottom are the heat levels of the engine, transmission and tyres.
Ruiner82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Pole Position 2012