Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
cassiya2

I enjoy looting so much...

...that I make multiple trips to get everything I can. I just max out my carry capacity, leave the dungeon/barrow/fort and head to the nearest town to sell off my goods, then return to repeat the process. Consequently, I'm now filthy stinkin' rich! **sigh** Wish that translated into real life...
Old 05-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
Ace O' Shades

if you haven't gotten the achievement where you need to have 100,000 gold then you should work towards it, also it helps if you take lydia or someone with you to help carry the stuff. lastly if you take a few potions of fortify carry weight you can chug one of those and quicktravel back to a city before it wears off. hope this helps
Ace O' Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
jeffstuber

It will also help if you put points into the Speech perk tree and hit Investor. You can then invest in the businesses you sell to to increase the maximum amount of gold they have. I have that perk active, and have invested an extra 1500 gold into Warmaidens and 1000 into Drunken Huntsmen in Whiterun. I quicky recover my investment by selling off all the junk I gather.
jeffstuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
MMZ>Torak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace O' Shades View Post
lastly if you take a few potions of fortify carry weight you can chug one of those and quicktravel back to a city before it wears off. hope this helps
Also, the different ones stack; i.e: Potion, Draught, Elixir, and Philter will stack, but two elixirs will not.
MMZ>Torak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
invishiro

Also make a necklace, ring, and armor (preferably leather or other light armor) with fortify carry weight on them. Especially the ring/necklace because they are less than a pound but can be used to carry an extra 40 or so if necessary without sacrificing too much armor.
invishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
heliostellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMZ>Torak View Post
Also, the different ones stack; i.e: Potion, Draught, Elixir, and Philter will stack, but two elixirs will not.
I didn't know that... that's a good tip!
heliostellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
Mahnogard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMZ>Torak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliostellar View Post
I didn't know that... that's a good tip!
Ditto - I did not know that either! Thanks!
Mahnogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
angrytigerp

I meter what I loot -- nothing lower-quality than Steel comes with me right now, as mobs carry better equipment that scale will go higher.

I pretty much only make one run through any given dungeon/fort, if I can't carry any more than so be it.
angrytigerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
heliostellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytigerp View Post
I meter what I loot -- nothing lower-quality than Steel comes with me right now, as mobs carry better equipment that scale will go higher.

I pretty much only make one run through any given dungeon/fort, if I can't carry any more than so be it.
Same here... I make frequent use of the SV/W column in SkyUI to make sure I'm only bringing back things that are worth my time. Iron is almost never worth looting except very early in the game. I actually find that most helmets and bracers (including leather and fur) bring a good ROI for looting though.
heliostellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #10
paulo_230

Or just get the bag of holding. I find it interesting what others find gratifying. Looting yes, trips back to town, that wore out fast. Besides I can really carry 1900 lbs of gear really...with my robotic suit I can. I loot and I hoard but I'm not rich and don't pick up everything so it's ok for me.
paulo_230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
Cougarific

Don't forget about the Steed Stone - gives you permanent +100 carry weight (by permanent I mean unless you use another Stone).

It's up near Solitude, check the Wiki.
Cougarific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #12
cassiya2

Thanks for the tips, but most of it I already knew. I've logged over 400 hours on Skyrim already. I was just commenting on the looting because, for some strange reason, it never gets old...or maybe I'm just obsessed with money...who knows?
cassiya2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #13
Terrorists wins

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_230 View Post
Or just get the bag of holding. I find it interesting what others find gratifying. Looting yes, trips back to town, that wore out fast. Besides I can really carry 1900 lbs of gear really...with my robotic suit I can. I loot and I hoard but I'm not rich and don't pick up everything so it's ok for me.
Yeah, let's just give ourselves all perks and 2536363 gold too now we're at it
Terrorists wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
stoob

Didn't see it mentioned, but the Pick Pocket perk to increase carry weight by 100 is handy also.
stoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
Gawaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace O' Shades View Post
if you haven't gotten the achievement where you need to have 100,000 gold then you should work towards it, also it helps if you take lydia or someone with you to help carry the stuff. lastly if you take a few potions of fortify carry weight you can chug one of those and quicktravel back to a city before it wears off. hope this helps
I took Lydia at the very beginning to be a pack mule... it was a bonus that she could attack as well :P
Gawaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V