Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DiRT series

Old 05-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
MrPegiShixteen

Banned
Thumbs down Dirt Showdown - OMFG!

What a dreadful depressing attempt.

Codemasters you should be ashamed! What utter utter tripe!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
MADDOGGE

Agreed, absolute trash and an insult to the memory of Collin.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #3
brighat

I agree, sadly. The demo had very little meat on it. I might buy the game down the line but not right away. I don't see anything special about Showdown.
brighat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
wazups 2x

Well it's not supposed to be DiRt 4. The is an offshoot from the original DiRt games.

It's not my type of game either, I'll wait for DiRt 4.
wazups 2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
Joga

Sadly have to agree. I was really excited about this - I absolutely loved Dirt 2 and (to a lesser extent) Dirt 3, but this is just like the Grid Demolition Derby minigame, but they made an entire game out of it.
Joga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
KrekerisT

Welcome to Codemasters trash zone, old timers Dirt 2, Dirt 3, FUEL happy to see newcomer - Dirt Showdown.
KrekerisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
chalkman

Haven't played it but was looking fwd to it. How does it compare, say, to Dirt 3? Dirt series seems to have taken a steady decline since the first one IMO, but was still fun. Has it remained so as far as the demo is concerned?
chalkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
erocker

They should of named it GRID showdown. Then all of the overdramatic (OMG they ruined DiRT) whiners would go away.
erocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #9
Uxot

Im gonna like it alot its like test drive:eve of destuction..besides like people are saying its not DiRT 4 more like mini-games game until DiRT 4 lol
Uxot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #10
MADDOGGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by erocker View Post
They should of named it GRID showdown. Then all of the overdramatic (OMG they ruined DiRT) whiners would go away.
You really don't understand the concept of an IP do you? Except for stealing the franchise's name "DIRT", tell me just what this games has in common with any of the real DIRT games other than the horrible menu system, that entitles it to use/share the IP name? This is what makes it a bad DIRT game. It has nothing to do with DIRT.

Just because you may personally have enjoyed playing it doesn't make it a DIRT game. I personally enjoy NFS Pro-Street but no way in hell is it a valid NFS game. No cops and all the racing is legal.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
MrPegiShixteen

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by erocker View Post
Personaly I made the post based on a gamers perspective of which I have a right to do.

I (as many of you maybe too) have seen the degenerative and shameful demise of Codemasters over a period of perhaps ten years or so.

Please have some respect that when we complain about the latest incompetent releases which continually champions commercial existence over customer focused products, we have a perfect right to speak out.

If you want to attack our stance then please at least stop this silly sniper-mode posting for short-term glory and at least tell us why we are not allowed our views on this ailing franchise.
MrPegiShixteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #12
anatomy2k12

Dunno what anyone expected. You've seen the videos, you've read about the game. Guess you thought it would be different lol.

What Dirt Showdown does offer, it does well.
anatomy2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
MrPegiShixteen

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by anatomy2k12 View Post
Dunno what anyone expected. You've seen the videos, you've read about the game. Guess you thought it would be different lol.

What Dirt Showdown does offer, it does well.
Well my friend. As apart from the obvious unequivocal undeniable statement you have made I for one will say that what Dirt Showdown does offer is very poor Crayola graphics matched with the lowest denominator rush and push physics where barriers are substitutes for driving talent, skills and real world physics.

Yes Dirt Showdown is doing what it does well, and that is what many people are grieving over. Codemasters have done better in the past and that is what we are essentially talking about.

Essentially I agree they are doing a very good job of making a simplistic and frankly bad looking and playing game. Yehaa.

Last edited by MrPegiShixteen: 05-02-2012 at 03:29 PM.
MrPegiShixteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #14
AmphibiousKitty

Anybody complaining that they ruined DiRT must not know that this game is just a spinoff. They said themselves that DiRT 4 is on the way in multiple interviews.

This game, however, is basically just a Flatout ripoff. It's like they didn't even try to make it their own special version of it, it's just a straight copy paste of Flatout.
AmphibiousKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
v1806v

shame for kodmasters!
v1806v is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > DiRT series