Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series

Old 05-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
incompetance1

Pacifist Achievement DEHR Walkthough

I've finally done it! Tips and Answers.

Like so many I have found Pacifist really difficult, so I played it again, on the easiest setting, yet again. I also read many other tips from youtube and other places on the web, thanks.

DO NOT KILL ANYBODY IN THE FIRST SCENE, before you get augmented!
Just hide and crouch and run.

All the missions are more or less the same, use take downs in (zzzz) preference. So for augments get strength, invisibility, inventory and typhoon early. Save often. Check your take downs are sleeping, if not do it again.

The hardest part is the ambush (I found), using invisibility and 3 barrels of food the easiest way, stun the guard on the right, then knocking down the 2 Ogres with punches, still invisible. Move the ogres out of the way of the Box Guard Robot and then throw an EMP grenade at it. Still invisible. Keep eating your food and save a couple of times maybe. Then run around the site knocking out the guards.
There are 10 guards in total. Check them all as being asleep.

The next biggest problem is the 'zombies' at the end, punch, stun, tranq, gas or use the 'riot gun'. I found getting high up on the wall at the back of the area where those 3 massive air ducts come in, is the best place to shoot most of the zombies. Get there by jumping up onto the blue scaffolding on the right as you enter the area. Zombies are attracted by noise, fire your revolver into something, they will come a running, then stun them with whatever you like.

Last boss scene, I wasn't too sure about the guards, so I stunned them as I saw them and used the code given to me by Darrow to start the chain reaction shut down, I found getting getting high up on top of the area the easiest way to stun them or shooting holes in the walls and dodging the other way.

You can do this scene easily using just the revolver on the turrets and the robots, you don't need any bigger weapons. Save your space for food, stims and stun ammo.

Max your augments a.s.a.p.

This is pacifist only, so have fun.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
guilmon4

does failing certain negotiations count as somebody dying by your hand?
guilmon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
incompetance1

I don't know, but knowing what is meant to happen, I've always played it so the outcome is what is expected. The boss scene at the end when you meet yesterdays man, is easier with the code 2012.
incompetance1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
Custom333

Code 2012 actually makes it a lot harder, since unless you knock out the guards right away, they'll leave their bunkers and get zapped or blown up with a robot.
Custom333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:09 AM   #5
kenalix

Quote:
The next biggest problem is the 'zombies' at the end, punch, stun, tranq, gas or use the 'riot gun'. I found getting high up on the wall at the back of the area where those 3 massive air ducts come in, is the best place to shoot most of the zombies. Get there by jumping up onto the blue scaffolding on the right as you enter the area. Zombies are attracted by noise, fire your revolver into something, they will come a running, then stun them with whatever you like.
I just ran past them in invisibility. It took me almost 5 energy bars but it was easy as a pie.
kenalix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #6
Custom333

With jumping, batteries, and double takedown you can just avoid them while you're recharging.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
dossidier

Tip for last boss: Laser Rifle. Saves a lot of trouble.
dossidier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
MegaManZer0

Wait, why the heck would you buy the Typhoon upgrade on a Pacifist run?

Also, all you need is to do is max your cloak, hacking, and energy recharger augs (as well as the legs for better mobility and silent running). Fun tip: The only weapon you need is the Stun gun. Works perfectly well on the first THREE bosses. All you need to do is hit them once, and you'll be done reloading before they break out of the stun. You can just stand there and shock them about 10 times (on the easiest difficulty) to win.
MegaManZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
MisterPixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dossidier View Post
Tip for last boss: Laser Rifle. Saves a lot of trouble.
That's what I did too. I don't want to think how much of a hassle it would be dealing with the guards and robots and everything while trying to prevent any deaths.
MisterPixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #10
NightOwl76

I abandoned Faridah Malik during the ambush and ran to the elevator without attacking any of the guards. Will I still be able to get the Pacifist achievement? There was a special cutscene when I did that. I just want to know whether I should progress any further in the game, or not.
NightOwl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:40 AM   #11
Ben.EEeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post
I abandoned Faridah Malik during the ambush and ran to the elevator without attacking any of the guards. Will I still be able to get the Pacifist achievement? There was a special cutscene when I did that. I just want to know whether I should progress any further in the game, or not.
Yes, getting Pacifist doesn't depend on whether Malik lives or dies.
Ben.EEeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #12
Chocolatelove67

I just finished the game again in the last hour or so and failed to get my pacifist achievement. I stunned everyone through the game no killing and dodged the guards on the very first level. Should I have stunned the guards on the last boss level first? I just went in and used the code
Chocolatelove67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #13
Custom333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.EEeee View Post
Yes, getting Pacifist doesn't depend on whether Malik lives or dies.
As a matter of fact, it's nearly impossible to succeed that mission. You'd need an EMP grenade, fully upgraded Tranq gun, a few gas grenades, and full armor.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #14
Rellik66

Saving Malik and getting pacifist is very doable, but it takes preparation. Most important is to take the heavys out first, toss any knockouts out of the emp blast zone and zap any guys that are a little too close to the ledge.
Rellik66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Deus Ex series