Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III

Old 05-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
saxgoth

My return to Morrowind.

So, having played a considerable amount of Skyrim, I felt I should destroy what little bit of free time I had left by re-playing Morrowind (I have a physical GOTY copy for PC from back in the day), and later Oblivion.

What would you fine folks suggest for Mods to run? I'd run the ones I used to have, but I no longer have them, and there are so many out there now, I'm not sure what is good and what sucks. So I come here to see what other players use and enjoy, and go from there.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
themightynaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxgoth View Post
So, having played a considerable amount of Skyrim, I felt I should destroy what little bit of free time I had left by re-playing Morrowind (I have a physical GOTY copy for PC from back in the day), and later Oblivion.

What would you fine folks suggest for Mods to run? I'd run the ones I used to have, but I no longer have them, and there are so many out there now, I'm not sure what is good and what sucks. So I come here to see what other players use and enjoy, and go from there.
One I would suggest is the Morrowind Overhaul Project, which essentially combines all the best graphical and game-play enhancing mods made for Morrowind, the link is here: http://morrowindoverhaul.rpgitalia.net/

It is a rather large file(over 1GB) and it does take a while to install, but totally worth it! The game looks fantastic! Hope this helps
themightynaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
benderman34

Quote:
Originally Posted by themightynaan View Post
One I would suggest is the Morrowind Overhaul Project, which essentially combines all the best graphical and game-play enhancing mods made for Morrowind, the link is here: http://morrowindoverhaul.rpgitalia.net/

It is a rather large file(over 1GB) and it does take a while to install, but totally worth it! The game looks fantastic! Hope this helps
I second this. I just installed this mod and it did take a little time to get it done, but in my opinion it moves the graphics up on par with the newer games, even surpassing Oblivion in a lot of ways. I've played hundreds of hours of Morrowind on the original xbox and this mod has made the game new to me all over again.
benderman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
sytto

Quote:
Originally Posted by themightynaan View Post

Yep totally worth it, couldn't agree more.
sytto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
sytto

Quote:
Originally Posted by benderman34 View Post
I second this. I just installed this mod and it did take a little time to get it done, but in my opinion it moves the graphics up on par with the newer games, even surpassing Oblivion in a lot of ways. I've played hundreds of hours of Morrowind on the original xbox and this mod has made the game new to me all over again.
Yeah you pinned it, i too spent hundreds of hours on this game, but this overhaul really does make it new again.

Looks my list of games is going to continue to back build through sales even more as I'll be here for a few months no doubt.

I was into Fallout:NV, but two things were bothering me, i grabbed NV for 10 bucks but i want all the dlc, i want to have the complete game to play with, in turn i have slow down or hold off and wait for a sale.

Second this game wont get out of my head, started thinking about it, and it wont let go, so i broke down several days later and installed it with the overhaul, so glad i listened to myself. lol
Old 05-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #6
Sharkspine

Here's another thumbs up for the Morrowind Overhaul!

Really doesn't take too long to setup and seriously gives the graphics a kick up the . It's like having the wow factor of 2002 all over again.

Great mod.
Sharkspine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #7
saxgoth

Much thanks! I got it downloaded... But now I'm running into an issue...

Every time I try to run the installer and put everything into the Morrowind folder, I get an error message saying "Cannot create the folder C:\Program File (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\mcpath". Access is denied." I run Windows 7, if that makes any difference. Maybe I'm just missing something I should be doing. Any help would be much appreciated though!
saxgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #8
Russian_Sausage

Did you try to run the installer as an administrator? (Right click -> run as administrator) or in another compability mode?
Russian_Sausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #9
saxgoth

Running the installer as an administrator seems to have done the trick! Big thanks!

Edit: With the exception of Morrowind Comes Alive giving me issues, it's looking pretty freaking good! I may have cranked the graphic settings a little *too* high though...

Last edited by saxgoth: 05-12-2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: My two cents on the overhaul
saxgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #10
sytto

I'm about to get my house from Caius Cosades which reminded me of cool house mod i installed about 8 years ago. Are there any housing mods installed with the overhaul?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls III