Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Old 10-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #46
Asmuel

Wow, it sounds like you're onto something here. Carl Sagan was sort of the main guy behind the golden record, and it's his voice in the Vimeo video. Voyager, 1977, records, Carl Sagan...I'm pretty sure that's too much similarity to be coincidence.
Asmuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #47
KojiroTakenashi

The only problem is I haven't been able to figure out what it means on my own. Tried typing a bunch of things into the Moon Grotto phone...x_x

Edit: Maybe try to play the game with the clock turned back to a particular part in 1977? Maybe the moon phase from the video? idk man.
KojiroTakenashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #48
chimpman252

Called today to try it out
Starts out with Moon Grotto music...
Distorted voice: "Begin transmission"
Voice of the Archetype: "Keep on digging. You are L close." (I initially thought he said "held close" but after listening to it a few times it just sounds like "L close", or "el close"?)
Distorted voice: "End transmission."
Moon Grotto music.
Keep on digging is just what it said on the website above the iPhone, but apparently we are closer to something...
chimpman252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #49
chimpman252

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpman252 View Post
Called today to try it out
Starts out with Moon Grotto music...
Distorted voice: "Begin transmission"
Voice of the Archetype: "Keep on digging. You are L close." (I initially thought he said "held close" but after listening to it a few times it just sounds like "L close", or "el close"?)
Distorted voice: "End transmission."
Moon Grotto music.
Keep on digging is just what it said on the website above the iPhone, but apparently we are closer to something...
DERP. He probably was saying "URL close". Anyways I went to http://superbrothers.ca/close and it just says "WE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU". But it also says that if you type in any crap after it.
chimpman252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #50
Asmuel

Huh...I always wondered what the 'L' meant. URL makes a lot of sense. It might just be a hint for the other URL-related stuff.
Asmuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #51
KojiroTakenashi

I always just heard "You are very close".
KojiroTakenashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #52
Nickygirl375

Hey guys, No luck with the golden records so far either. But I do know that the next crescent moon (the moon phase we've seen on all the material so far) is on this Sunday (Nov 11th), with a dark moon following afterwards. Someone should definitely try to call the number on those days.

Edit: I called just now and nothing new! Maybe there will be better luck tomorrow.

Edit: called today on the dark moon, same thing! But it still sounds like he's saying URL close or maybe it's "you are all close"?

Last edited by Nickygirl375: 11-12-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: update
Nickygirl375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #53
Nickygirl375

I ripped the weird audio from the new humble bundle video. Been trying to filter it in audacity, but I'm not really sure what to do. It doesn't seem to be any sort of words? Anyways, here's the download link. Go nuts!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #54
Hitokiridragon

Ok, On the phone (http://superbrothers.ca/moongrotto.html#) enter 1977.
"This is itself.. Now calculate"

1977^3 = 7727161833

Called it, got a busy signal. Enter it in the phone on the page, get a vimeo link to http://vimeo.com/46508916

It's password protected. Password is "voyager"
Hitokiridragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #55
Nickygirl375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitokiridragon View Post
Ok, On the phone (http://superbrothers.ca/moongrotto.html#) enter 1977.
"This is itself.. Now calculate"

1977^3 = 7727161833

Called it, got a busy signal. Enter it in the phone on the page, get a vimeo link to http://vimeo.com/46508916

It's password protected. Password is "voyager"
Pretty sure we've already covered this.

But the thing is we don't know what to go from there.
We still haven't solved the maze puzzle, or what's in the third grooves. I'm not really sure where to go after the video though. Everything I've seen has lead to a dead end. What about the grid on the phone? Is there anything we can still get from there?

I know for sure that we still haven't heard what's in the 3rd grooves, which is probably pretty essential. Does anyone else have a record?
Old 11-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #56
Starrise

In case it helps:

1) Both Voyagers were launched 1977

2) 772 area code is just south of Cape Canaveral (though the area may have originally been within that area code), from where both Voyagers were launched.

The video appears to be a mash-up of audio of a Carl Sagan quote about the nature of humanity and our potential for the future, with other things.

The Carl Sagan quote is from Episode 8 of Cosmos "Journeys in Space & Time" and the full episode can be watched at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abp3q7aYOss

The quote, as cut in the Vimeo video, starts at about 55:27 in the Cosmos episode.

"here we face a critical branch point in history, what we do with our world, right now, will propagate down through the centuries and powerfully affect the destiny of our descendants"

There is at least one other audio track that sounds like backwards music. Anyone want to try reversing it to identify it?

There are at least two overlaid videos, possibly three. One video appears to be of a planet with a starry backdrop. Though on further views it appears the stars may not be from the same video, and move in strange ways relative to the camera and planet. Another appears to be a video game or flight simulator of some kind.

When Sagan says "Right now," the flying object in the simulator splits precisley when he begins to say the word "now," and each plane in the simulation video carries on its own path. This occurs at somewhere between 11 and 12 seconds.

Can anyone identify the flying object/video game/simulator?

I now realize it must be "a billion" from the earlier transcription. Think Carl Sagan and his famous quote about "billions upon billions" of stars.

Not sure where to go from here...will keep thinking about it.

Edit: Apologies for mostly repeating what people said. It IS still interesting that the plane in the video splits when he says "Now" though that may just be coincidence...

Edit: Tried calling the 772 number, has been disconnected. Did anyone try calling it on Sagan's birthday, 11/9?

Edit: I'm almost beginning to wonder if this whole thing was just a marketing stunt aimed at the Android release, since it was right around Carl Sagan's birthday, and the hints all seem to strongly point that direction... Although it did miss by one day (Nov 8 vs. Sagan's Bday Nov 9)

Edit: I bet the maze tells you how to listen to the secret grooves. Anyone care to tackle that? :P Follow the maze using your hands to rotate the record and record what comes out. Good luck!

Last edited by Starrise: 11-12-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Starrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #57
Nickygirl375

Managed to rip the audio from the video. Playing around with it now.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #58
Kerrex

Hello, I'm new here.
I've got question: are the scenes in Vimeo video from any computer games? I'm asking, because we can see that when he says "right now", there appears more than just second plane. Maybe it's also related.
Kerrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #59
pdubbs

Hey all, Sorry if this has been found already; I just found this thread and didn't see it mentioned. I was looking at the source code on the moongrotto.html page and noticed that if you click on the Scythian to the left of the phone a new window opens. The URL of the new page is http://superbrothers.ca/ansaphone.html. It has a list of transcribed messages left to the Whirling Infinite.

I also noticed that "vkkku-vkkku" is referenced several times. Anyone have any idea what this might be (if anything)?
pdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #60
Pack02

Has anyone else noticed that there's something faded in the background of http://superbrothers.ca/ansaphone.html right next to the text? Sorta looks like a larger iphone with the sprites grid but i have no idea which spaces are filled up in the grid.
Pack02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP