Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 05-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
SnowyCharmander

Angry Steam Community:Error 101

Hey,I'm looking for some awesome people to help me fix this problem.

I have been getting this Error 101:Unable to connect to server or you may not be connected to the internet.I have check my firewall,deleted clientregistry.blob(but steam placed it back),used wired connection instead of wireless but nothing works!
I really need to get this fixed as This Error cause me not to update my profile or trade.

heres the link of the screenshot:http://www.2shared.com/photo/PJ65I7r4/Capture.html

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by SnowyCharmander: 05-04-2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Spelling Mistake:D
Old 05-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
deqer

I've gotten that error before. It goes away if you try it again. Try 3 times.
deqer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
SnowyCharmander

Quote:
Originally Posted by deqer View Post
I've gotten that error before. It goes away if you try it again. Try 3 times.
Yeah,Just did it.Still doesn't work.I saw the first page of the forum and someone spmehowdeletedthe clientregistery.blob and his steam is back online,but so far mine isn't working
SnowyCharmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
Worstluck

I believe this one of those just wait it out type of problems unfortunately.

One thing you can try is this, however I am not sure if it will work. It will certainly make the steam client more responsive most likely. This is from another thread (from me):

"I suggest for you to clear out the cache folders for the browser. To do this, navigate to your Steam/config folder. On my Windows 7 machine it is located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config

Make sure the Steam client is not running. Then you can delete (back them up if you are worried) the following folders in the Steam/config directory:

htmlcache
cookies

Start the Steam client. It should be running more smoothly and your News section should be updated. Good luck. "
Worstluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
SnowyCharmander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worstluck View Post
I believe this one of those just wait it out type of problems unfortunately.

One thing you can try is this, however I am not sure if it will work. It will certainly make the steam client more responsive most likely. This is from another thread (from me):

"I suggest for you to clear out the cache folders for the browser. To do this, navigate to your Steam/config folder. On my Windows 7 machine it is located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config

Make sure the Steam client is not running. Then you can delete (back them up if you are worried) the following folders in the Steam/config directory:

htmlcache
cookies

Start the Steam client. It should be running more smoothly and your News section should be updated. Good luck. "

Will this action deletes every single cache browser on every account?(My family has One account for each person)
Old 05-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #6
deqer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCharmander View Post
Will this action deletes every single cache browser on every account?(My family has One account for each person)
Won't matter.

Deleting cookies and cache does not do harm; does not permanently delete anything; and automatically restored on their own.
deqer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
SnowyCharmander

Guys,I have tried everything you guys told me to do.I even tried changing my Downloading Region,but nothing works ):

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips