Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > ORION: Dino Horde

Old 05-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
DPrassel

Spiral Game Studio
Post your suggestions!

So once we get Monday's big update and any sub-sequent fixes and patches after that based on feedback and our own notes.

We are really wanting to hear what you guys want to see added or even changd in teh game. We are really big on community inclusion and want this game to be as much of yours as it is ours.

There are absolutely no limits to suggestions. This is not your typical game where it's simply script or hotfix updates. Reach for the clouds. This includes weapons, dinosaurs, features, options, vehicles, game modes, anything!

We are listening!

Last edited by DPrassel: 03-01-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
PixelBrick

Refund everyone's money and re-launch when the game is done.
PixelBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
xX_Renegade_Xx

I'm glad this has gone up, one of my steam friends has a few suggestions too, don't be shy

I've just finished a co-op game and died, rather than respawning I was left to watch the other players for a while, is it possible to spawn immediately or close-by and have to fight my way back to the generator base, just breaks the game up a little and I'd prefer if I could just rejoin, maybe even with a penalty for dying.

A little more time between waves, I've already seen this suggested and I think it's a good idea, gives the team time to prep.

A survival mode, it's kind of now but I mean no waves, the game just continues and the dinosaurs keep on coming and get progressively harder.

I'll add to this as I put more time into the game.
xX_Renegade_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Kesvalk

Lightbulb

i would suggest class exclusive weapons (the scout have access to a awesome sniper, assault have a grenade/rocket launcher and support have a mine thrower)

rebalance assist kill ratio, it's very sad to see guys getting 34 credits after pumping a t-rex full of lead and a the guy who hit the last hit gain 750...

character customization, gaining xp for the games you play and leveling up and getting new skills that give you an edge.

cosmetic customization, really, i can't stress this enough, TF2 is half of what it is because of that damn hats. Make it so we can customiza foot,arms, torso and helmet, with various pieces of equipment (that you buy with INGAME money you get from completing missions and assisting you teammates) with the option to change color and you guys will see ppl flock to this game (after it's playable.

random elite Dinos. Like a super giant T-rex or a Raptor Alpha or things like that, i don't think you really need to stick with normal Dinos, maybe some very fantastical dinos like flame spewing dragons and giant flying behemoths would be very welcome.

MORE CLASSES!

MORE MAPS!

dynamic missions in the middle of the game, like a downed Vtol with some survivors that you need to rescue, or getting a team of scientists out of the area, or a neutralizing team of mercenaries that for some reason wants to kill you. It would be very cool.

i don't remember if you guys already planned this or not, but drop-ins would be very cool, like new vehicles and air support.

More balance, as it is now, it absurdly hard to kill the dinos and very easy to die, make aerial dinos way more easier to kill and make raptor more of cannon fooder than actual danger, and them make more of them spawn.

make improvements and weapons stay after death, this isn't darius and it's not the 90s.

make the generator life very easy to gauge (maybe a bar in the HUD) and make it more reasonable to defend it.

make the dinos health scale with the number of players in the game, as it is now, the game is impossible in solo mode.

make the HUD less cubersome, the way it is now it seems like something you would see in a mod.

stop using stock photos... really.

work on the net code to make the game less laggy and not as prone to desync as it is now.

make better tooltips, it's very confuzing when you see "press USE to activate/heal the generator" when the thing is destroyed and nothing happens...

also, make it very clear which bases are destroyed which aren't, ppl that got in the game mid-way through is prone to go to the wrong bases

make outposts in the middle of the map, with weapon/perks stations, so we can buy things when the generators are all destroyed, but still need to go away from the fight to do it.

color-coded teammates.

color-coded bases.

get rid of the triangles on top of the dinos outside of hud interface and the sniper scope.

make it possible to choose between mouse turning and A/D turning for ground vehicles.

let support drop mobile stations.

underground caves.

Last edited by Kesvalk: 05-05-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Kesvalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
Rolwesselius

The sounds of the chaingun on he back of the jeep is not powerfull enough it could use a bit more punch.
As of now its too soft and firing it feels unsatisfying.
Just making it louder could go a long way.
The t-rexes spawn way too fast and in way too big numbers on the official servers.
Rolwesselius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #6
DPrassel

Spiral Game Studio
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX_Renegade_Xx View Post
I'm glad this has gone up, one of my steam friends has a few suggestions too, don't be shy

I've just finished a co-op game and died, rather than respawning I was left to watch the other players for a while, is it possible to spawn immediately or close-by and have to fight my way back to the generator base, just breaks the game up a little and I'd prefer if I could just rejoin, maybe even with a penalty for dying.

A little more time between waves, I've already seen this suggested and I think it's a good idea, gives the team time to prep.

A survival mode, it's kind of now but I mean no waves, the game just continues and the dinosaurs keep on coming and get progressively harder.

I'll add to this as I put more time into the game.

These are great suggestions.

We have been hearing that first complaint quite a bit and I personally totally agree. Back in alpha testing the only way to respawn was to actually purchase them with credits. We are going to bring this back and merge the two. So in an update you can either wait to respawn at the next wave (Free) or if you die and have enough credits you can purchase a respawn (price not full determined yet). So while in the first few waves or even first base you may not be able to afford one, you will for the other 3 later bases.

Also agree on more in between wave time. That will make it in an update as well.
DPrassel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #7
DPrassel

Spiral Game Studio
The Dinosaur spawn bug is being fixed in Monday's update. There was a bug that instead of spawning 0 or 1 T-Rex's it is spawning 5 or 6 and making this game insanely difficult.

The dinosaur amounts will be fixed on Monday.

(Totally agree!)
Old 05-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #8
xX_Renegade_Xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrassel View Post
Back in alpha testing the only way to respawn was to actually purchase them with credits. We are going to bring this back and merge the two. So in an update you can either wait to respawn at the next wave (Free) or if you die and have enough credits you can purchase a respawn (price not full determined yet). So while in the first few waves or even first base you may not be able to afford one, you will for the other 3 later bases.
I like that, it gives you an incentive not to die, or at least try if their is a penalty for it.
xX_Renegade_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #9
Rolwesselius

Make the vtol tilt When aiming or put the gun beneath the vtol otherwise it looks like it is firing through the canopy.
Rolwesselius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #10
UndoneBahamut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrassel View Post
These are great suggestions.

We have been hearing that first complaint quite a bit and I personally totally agree. Back in alpha testing the only way to respawn was to actually purchase them with credits. We are going to bring this back and merge the two. So in an update you can either wait to respawn at the next wave (Free) or if you die and have enough credits you can purchase a respawn (price not full determined yet). So while in the first few waves or even first base you may not be able to afford one, you will for the other 3 later bases.

Also agree on more in between wave time. That will make it in an update as well.
Both great improvements.

I do feel that the classes should have class-specific weapons. Remove them from the shop for other classes.

Also, you need to severely rebalance some of the guns. The first LMG is atrocious and the sights on that and the first SMG you can buy (1500c) are not useful. It's hard to make out the crosshair and it looks cheap - clearly just a 2D texture layered on the screen. Actual 3D crosshairs would be cool.

Also, change the visor mode from the awful animation to either a palette swap (everything is black and white while wave enemies are completely red, random enemies yellow and bases/shops are green). Keep the diamonds showing position but the palette swap would make the visor mode look cool and be more useful. Enemies would stand out more.

Also, the flying enemies pose no threat to either the Assault or Recon class. One can melee and then fly down and take no damage and the other can cloak out of the way. They either need to do way more damage or have a ranged attack.

Visually, I hate seeing the t-rexes throw rocks that appear from nowhere. The rocks should be permanent non-destructible geography and the T-rex should need to walk over to it. They should also be able to throw enemies and vehicles at you.

The medic's beam gun is useless due to how few hits you need to die. It should very slowly restore shields also and maybe can be used to 'freeze' T-rexes and larger enemies. If it doubled up as a stasis gun, that would be awesome. Perhaps with an upgrade to make it an area of effect weapon instead of just being able to target a single enemy/ally?

Need to add small, ranged enemies. I know this is the plan for the first DLC, but I don't want them to be larger, T-rex style foes. They should be as numerous as the raptors.

The split for credits should be based on how much damage you inflicted. Each percentage of an enemy's health that you take off should be the overall percentage of credits that you earn from that kill. This encourages teamplay.
UndoneBahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #11
jimbo8098

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesvalk View Post
i would suggest class exclusive weapons (the scout have access to a awesome sniper, assault have a grenade/rocket launcher and support have a mine thrower)
I agree with this!

Other than that , just some difficulty reworking. Dont add trexs until wave 4. Gives you a chance to settle in and get some cash for at least an SMG.
jimbo8098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
Jmcmatrixs

* Consider extending the 10% discount to maybe a 15% discount.
* If you plan on releasing any DLC that cost money, make sure it's only about $5 max.
Jmcmatrixs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #13
Spykirby

When you arrive at the base while dino's are still munching away the generator health, they stay focused on the generator. It would be better if they would prioritize the player as he's a direct threat/snack.

getting damage could use some more visual feedback.

there could be more time between waves to purchase up items, upgrades and be set ready for the next wave.

it would be great if raptors would be able to jump ontop of the roofs on buildings to attack people on there.

sound when hitting dino's is a bit odd. Especially when driving over them the sound could use a change.

Last edited by Spykirby: 05-05-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Spykirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #14
DPrassel

Spiral Game Studio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcmatrixs View Post
* Consider extending the 10% discount to maybe a 15% discount.
* If you plan on releasing any DLC that cost money, make sure it's only about $5 max.
We will never charge for Title Updates or DLC. It will be FREE.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #15
DPrassel

Spiral Game Studio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spykirby View Post
When you arrive at the base while dino's are still munching away the generator health, they stay focused on the generator. It would be better if they would prioritize the player as he's a direct threat/snack.

getting damage could use some more visual feedback.

there could be more time between waves to purchase up items, upgrades and be set ready for the next wave.

it would be great if raptors would be able to jump ontop of the roofs on buildings to attack people on there.

sound when hitting dino's is a bit odd. Especially when driving over them the sound could use a change.

01 - We will be tweaking that a bit. They do it sometimes just not often enough. In that same note we are constantly going to be evolving the AI and even adding new attacks for Dinosaurs. One of the planned attacks for a Raptor is the ability to actually Pounce players and leap onto vehicles (cling).

02 - We will be adding more visual feedback to both self-impacts and weapon feedback through Title Updates.

03 - This is happening!

04 - They can and do - just need to make them do it more. There are certain heights they can reach which include smaller structures, rocks and vehicles.

05 - Impact sounds are all changing in the first major Title Update (not Monday's patch).

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > ORION: Dino Horde