Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor

Old 05-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
frogmirefrost

Whitelisted Server

I've made my own server for me and my friend's to play on but how do you know your sever is legitimate and saving progress on perks? I've used whitelisted mods and all but I just don't know how to 100% confirm it.

The reason I'm asking this is because I've always thought as long as you had the "perks enabled" checked on your filters you would always get whitelisted servers. However, after seeing the killstat mutator is non-whitelisted I don't know now. I've played on servers with the killstat mutator and I always thought they were whitelisted servers since my filters have been set that way since the start.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
Teh_Singularity

Go on the server > get one headshot with the m9 > leave the game > see if your progress bar for sharp went up by 1 headshot

That works on every server

Since it's your server, as long as you know all the mods on the server are whitelisted your server should progress perks fine.
Teh_Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
frogmirefrost

Yeah that's how I've been testing it, a bit tedious when I'm trying to muck with things though. I was hoping there was a spot in the initialization of the server or something that said it was good. I think I figured it out though, when I'm using a blacklisted or greylisted mod the server console gives me some kind of error on startup about the mod and then stats are disabled.
frogmirefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
EpharGy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmirefrost View Post
Yeah that's how I've been testing it, a bit tedious when I'm trying to muck with things though. I was hoping there was a spot in the initialization of the server or something that said it was good. I think I figured it out though, when I'm using a blacklisted or greylisted mod the server console gives me some kind of error on startup about the mod and then stats are disabled.
If your running a dedicated server, all mutators that are not whitelisted will come up with an authentication error or something similar during the map load on the server console.
EpharGy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #5
frogmirefrost

Thanks for the reply Ephar. I eventually figured this. What was messing me was this: There is a mutator called Specimen Kill Message or something like that. Anyways, on a sticky in one of the Tripwire forums they have it listed as non-whitelisted. This confused the hell out of me cause I always thought I was playing on whitelisted servers and I know I've played on servers with this, though not many. So that made me question whether or not I had been playing on whitelisted servers or not. Well, after looking into it, that mutator is has an earlier version that is whitelisted but the new version is not. So yeah, it through me for a loop.
frogmirefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #6
EpharGy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmirefrost View Post
Thanks for the reply Ephar. I eventually figured this. What was messing me was this: There is a mutator called Specimen Kill Message or something like that. Anyways, on a sticky in one of the Tripwire forums they have it listed as non-whitelisted. This confused the hell out of me cause I always thought I was playing on whitelisted servers and I know I've played on servers with this, though not many. So that made me question whether or not I had been playing on whitelisted servers or not. Well, after looking into it, that mutator is has an earlier version that is whitelisted but the new version is not. So yeah, it through me for a loop.
No worries
EpharGy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor