Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 05-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Ningeal

Looking for new gaming gear.

Hey guys!

So, I am looking for new gaming gear and hoped the STEAM community would help me out a little. Right now, I am using the Roccat Isku and Roccat Kone Plus. I like both, yet I am not quite satisfied with them.

I am looking for a illuminated mechanical keyboard with MX Brown switches, do you have any suggestions? Oh yeah, and it should preferably be matt, because I have sweaty hands and glossy keyboards get dirty so quickly.

And I am looking for anotther gaming mouse, because I don't like the Kone's mousewheel (sort of the same issue like the normal Kone, which was released years ago) and its laser start bugging again. It should be illuminated aswell and have at least two buttons on the left (right thumb) and has the same rubbery matt surface like the Kone plus. Surface wise this is the greatest mouse I have ever used.

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
Aulex

You could grab the razer blackwidow, i'm pretty sure those are mx brown switches, your paying a bit for the brand, but it does look great.

For mouse i'm not sure
Aulex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
Ningeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aulex View Post
You could grab the razer blackwidow, i'm pretty sure those are mx brown switches, your paying a bit for the brand, but it does look great.

For mouse i'm not sure
I would have to get the Razer Blackwidow / Blackwidow Unltimate [Stealth Ed.] to get MX Browns but unfortunately they're only available with the US layout, which I'm uncomfortable with because I need the DE layout.
Ningeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #4
THE Nakedgun

Banned
Yea US layout keyboards suck.

Mouses all I can recomend at the moment is the Logitech G400 its a basic mouse with no lights but very cheap and awesome.
THE Nakedgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:58 AM   #5
Ningeal

Honestly it's really not about the price. I have used the G500, which I believe is about the same, and enjoyed it. But the surface isn't the same like the Kone.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #6
Le_Flat_Face

Banned
I just recently bought a razer arctosa with my new PC and I'm getting a cyborg rat 5 mouse.

The keyboard layout though, I've only ever had what I assume is the US layout *live in australia* so I can't help there :/

also the blackwidow is not the brown key type, my friend has that and is getting a new one soon as he can't stand how loud it is lol
Le_Flat_Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
Ningeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Flat_Face View Post
I just recently bought a razer arctosa with my new PC and I'm getting a cyborg rat 5 mouse.

The keyboard layout though, I've only ever had what I assume is the US layout *live in australia* so I can't help there :/

also the blackwidow is not the brown key type, my friend has that and is getting a new one soon as he can't stand how loud it is lol
I don't even know how this post is supposed to be helpful, lol.
Anyway, I didn't say the Blackwidow uses MX Browns but the Stealth Edition, which is only available via Razer's online shop uses the MX Browns. If you have gotten the RAT, tell me what the surface is like, please.

Last edited by Ningeal: 05-08-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems