Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > ORION: Dino Horde

Old 05-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #16
Erhun

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX_Renegade_Xx View Post
I'm going to sound like a parent but your study is more important

You'll have plenty of time to play games when you've passed.

Good luck for the exam!
Thanks, probably going to take it Tuesday since I didn't get it scheduled today.

To the actual post. Running a server this way has worked, it's been running well with little problems and have gotten some great games in. One person kept d/c and wasn't able to join the server after a while, I feel that it may have been something on their end though as people were joining after this happened.
Erhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #17
Fallen.

Can't seem to while on a lan. Doesn't even attempt too.
Fallen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #18
Tigerhawk71

I got it working without having to do anything but provide the open command to my friends with my IP.

Also, to the dude posting when he should be studying for his CCNA, GO STUDY. CCNA now, Dinosaurs later. You can wow them with your knowledge of how bad RIP is compared to EIGRP or OSPF. Or just shoot them.
Tigerhawk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:43 PM   #19
Tigerhawk71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhun View Post
Thanks, probably going to take it Tuesday since I didn't get it scheduled today.

To the actual post. Running a server this way has worked, it's been running well with little problems and have gotten some great games in. One person kept d/c and wasn't able to join the server after a while, I feel that it may have been something on their end though as people were joining after this happened.
Just in regards to this - people having issues opening servers and creating games - quit out of the game, open up task manager and check for a running instance of UDK. I've found a couple of times that even when i quit the game that a UDK instance continues to run - this prevents me from accessing any game content.

For the uninitiated, ctrl+alt+del and open task manager (or start>run and type taskmgr ) and then check the "processes" tab. You can end the process from there.
Tigerhawk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #20
lstev42

If people are having problems with IPs, and don't want to forward ports (I know a good many connections that have been damaged from the uninformed forwarding ports), download Hamachi and use the IP through that. Helped me and my friend.
lstev42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:58 AM   #21
Sp00n_CRT

Are the port forwardings UDP or TCP?
Sp00n_CRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #22
P4LMER

I can't get the console open, Is there something I have to do to enable it?

EDIT: Nvm got it had to press the ' next to the # key. :P

Last edited by P4LMER: 05-09-2012 at 06:06 AM.
P4LMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:17 AM   #23
HalfFroMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00n_CRT View Post
Are the port forwardings UDP or TCP?
Both.
HalfFroMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #24
PaulAshby25

Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrassel View Post
Let us know if this helps any of you out?
It doesnt help as pressing the Tilde key does nothing, there isnt an option to assign a key to bring down the developer menu.

Why on earth cant you adopt the L4D user menu whereby you can just setup a friends game and invite them via Steam?
PaulAshby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #25
lordeugenides

So my friend and I are getting a problem. When we type the open command and hit enter, it doesn't do anything. It just accepts the command and sits there. Any ideas?
lordeugenides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #26
SiMoNiZoR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordeugenides View Post
So my friend and I are getting a problem. When we type the open command and hit enter, it doesn't do anything. It just accepts the command and sits there. Any ideas?
You talking about trying to join a server? I'm having the same issue.. it does join eventually, but it's not instant like it used to be.
SiMoNiZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #27
Syphontwo

Okay, so following this guide, one of my friends was able to join me, but the others, who are pasting the EXACT same thing, cant join. Absolutely nothing happens when they do the open IP command.

Any ideas?
Syphontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:19 AM   #28
alourens

well it worked for me the first time but yesterday when my friend tried to join again he gets the message that i have downloadable content and i don't know how to fix that , maby somone here had the same problem and did fix it or maby one of u guys know how to fix it ?
alourens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #29
KrazyKain

has the console been disabled? Tilde key is not opening it and I can't set up a lan game because of this... on another note, why is there no option to search lan for games?
KrazyKain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #30
TOS = Flash

Seems rather unusable

Hello,

Everyone has a router these days and this just makes it that much harder to get a multiplayer game going.

Can't they do it so that it easier to host one? I do not have to do this with any other game I have and do not like to do it for just one game....

When are they planning on making this easier to use?
TOS = Flash is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > ORION: Dino Horde