Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ridge Racer Unbounded

Old 05-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
RidgeRacer

I'll pay any price for all the DLCs

I love the game so much, I finished it and I'm still disappointed.

I bought the game on day one from steam for the full price.

I could buy it from the UK for less,

but I preferred to play as soon as it lunched.

Will I ever be able to enjoy the DLCs that are available on Xbox Live?

Please someone from bugbear provide some hope.

Thanks a lot.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
electrorenan

There are 5 DLCs for this game so far (which have been released on Xbox Live):

-The Limited Edition/Day One Editon Pack
-Royal Purple Exclusive Skin
-Ridge Racer Type 4 Machine & El Mariachi Pack
-Ridge Racer 1 Machine & The Hearse Pack
-Ridge Racer 7 Machine & The Gallows Pack

And as the links prove, all of them are in the Steam Registry! Just wait enough for a sale...

Last edited by electrorenan: 05-06-2012 at 01:54 PM.
electrorenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
KazzyMac

I just looked; the DLC has been released for purchase on 360. That's good; I like this game so I'd be able to see how good the other DLC cars are.

I'll probably let you know whether they're worth it.

edit

Here's my observations on the 'new' DLC cars (most people are used to the 'DLC4' pack which is the one which includes the Immortal)

I had to do a few races in the Motega XR and the Hurricana CX just to get back into the scope of drifting and to judge how to best take the corners; however people play the game differently from me so only take my opinion as is.

OK so:

Ridge Racer 1 car - Street Class

Very fast in its class (2 for acceleration, 3 for speed) putting it up there with the Ashburn. It isn't as prone to oversteer but concurrently it is a to drift correctly; a lot of understeer under normal circumstances, drifting it is difficult due to maintaining the 'sweet spot' being tedious. Plenty of times I spun it out on the 90* sharp right on the first track. Never really got it up to speed to know how fast it actually goes so I'm only going on the stats.

In other words, difficult to drive. On tracks with lots of straights and sweeping bends it will pwn. The first track is technical so difficult to judge as the Motega takes corners better.

The Gallows - Street Class car

i.e. the pickup truck. Looks rather inconspicuous, but it's 4WD so it gets a good launch off at the start. Also means the handbrake is a bit crap, but I found maintaining a low angle during a drift to be very easy to manage and it has a decent turn during drifts so is a good contender. top speed is 225km/h so it won't be setting any benchmarks anywhere. Is easier to drive than that saloon car at least.

Ridge Racer 4 - Race Class Car

Should really be a Street Class car - all its stats are 2 although its drift stat is 5. However it's very responsive and easy to drift, and it seems to pack a kick in the boost. However it's the slowest car in its class so unless you want to use it in a private lobby for fun or for 'sandbagging' then there are better cars to use. It's easily my favourite car in the class though due to its looks, just a shame it's so slow.

Ridge Racer 7 - Super Class car

Same stats as the Crinale, except with lower drift. The handbrake is a bit dodgy and it's difficult to drift correctly (I spun it out a lot), however the thing is a literal rocket and I got to 330km/h in it with the aid of boost before hitting a wall and exploding. Like the Immortal and Crinale maintaining speed whilst drifting is difficult and I don't want to give any spoilers away, but after some practice I learned I could go through most corners at the same speed as the Hurricana (which is a feat in itself), however out of drift it's a bit heavy and the handbrake is as said rather unresponsive until the drift kicks in. The car has very soft suspension so it's prone to jumping on kerbs and rolling over, a bit like the Crimson TT.

The other two cars (the low-rider (race class) and the Reaper (super class)) I didn't try; the low-rider has the same acceleration/speed as the type 4 but with better handling and weight, the Reaper has similar stats to the Hurricana CX. I suspect they might turn out to be quite decent though.

So in a nutshell - the DLC is worth buying, if for the nostalgia alone. The ridge racer 1 and 4 machines are really well-detailed although they are probably not the obvious choice for their class (the RR1 car will likely hold its weight on highway circuits though). The RR7 car is going to get up there with the Crinale, Hurricana and Immortal for certain. If anybody's interested in seeing gameplay of each of these 6 cars I'll gladly record and upload some footage tomorrow for you to see their stats and how they drive.

edit

I didn't buy the 'royal purple' car. it appears to just be a car skin; anybody know for which car?

Last edited by KazzyMac: 05-06-2012 at 03:09 PM.
KazzyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Ceiling_Cat

Banned
if they released a ridge tile sets DLC i would pay double than what i payed for the game :3

wouldnt pay a cent for anything else especially cheap shot cars which i would never use

Last edited by Ceiling_Cat: 05-06-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Ceiling_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
KazzyMac

Seriously?

edit

Ah, I see what you mean xD. The RR1 machine is REALLY difficult to drive though. But it's a purchase anyway, simply for nostalgia's sake :]

edit

Screenshot of stats if anybody's interested in how well this thing holds up. Top speed under its own power is 234km/h. It seems to be easier to drive than I remember it being; maybe it handles differently on PC, who knows.

http://i46.tinypic.com/n3no0n.png

Fred, if you're listening; I still say the RR4 machine should either be given a speed boost, or be relegated to Street Class and have its boost nerfed. It's in no way suited to either class as the stats for it are now. (on xbox).
Which is a shame because it's easily my favourite car.

Last edited by KazzyMac: 05-10-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
Ceiling_Cat

Banned
meh..
Old 05-11-2012, 01:52 AM   #7
KazzyMac

You realise that thing's actually pretty good, right? >_>

And for that matter so is the Hearse, if I recall the stats correctly.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:10 AM   #8
Ceiling_Cat

Banned
i have tried them before.. wasnt impressed. i'll stick to my usual cars or throw in a ridge tileset with that dlc and im sold
Old 05-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #9
RidgeRacer

I'll pay double to get the DLC sooner.

In the Meantime I finished FO:1 almost all gold,

now I'm working hard now on FO:UC,

started not something but gets much better and better.

I like Rally Trophy on steam and FO:1.1 patch!
RidgeRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:05 AM   #10
Frontman

The first DLC release was more like a flash in the pan...(I don't see any advantage in having them - it's just a gag)

The patch 1.10 is actually more important or players in multi-player will definitely die out.

Last edited by Frontman: 05-22-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Frontman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #11
SoRusty_

Banned
Game sold like garbage due to poor publishing, Bugbear made a ty port and no one bought it, it's been abandoned for a while now.
SoRusty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #12
KazzyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoRusty_ View Post
Game sold like garbage due to poor publishing, Bugbear made a ty port and no one bought it, it's been abandoned for a while now.
Sad, but true.

Another game with huge potential let down by its publishers by poor advertising and a shoddy PC port, much the same as other games like Blur which could have been something, but ultimately never will be. :/
Old 08-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #13
Purple44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyMac View Post
Sad, but true.

Another game with huge potential let down by its publishers by poor advertising and a shoddy PC port, much the same as other games like Blur which could have been something, but ultimately never will be. :/
It a shame Blur got release as a console port on the PC ( no wheel support, no text chat online ), have to have 4 players in lobby to start a 20 player host. Was OK when there was a 100 players online, but after 2 months there was only about 30 players online on a Saturday and not enough joining a 20 player host.

Blur was looking to be "Flatout 3" to me since Bugbear could not release the Flatout 3 they were working on back in 2008.
Purple44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #14
Heddly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyMac View Post
Sad, but true.

Wheel Support, Wheel Support, Wheel Support. I have a Logitech Dual Action Game Pad the doesn't work Because The Publishers and Dev's Help Monopolize The X-BOX GamePad Controller. My only collusion is that it is my only conclusion possible.
Heddly is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ridge Racer Unbounded