Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2

Old 05-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
kyzhuchan

Leaderboards hacked

What the is happening in the leaderboards?

Last Friday, it was totally legit, all scores are very near each other, and I was ranked #6 in Solo campaigan of Mittelwerk

then I log-in today to check and try to improve my record when I saw the current leaderboards.

why the hell it is filled with blank names? does pirates already had access to the leaderboards?
and what's up with the ridiculous scores in there?

seriously, check Solo Campagin Mittelwerk level

there's a guy scoring 1m+ and me, only 59065 and I'm ranked #15 -_- (blank names surpassed me)

IGN: MDuh
Old 05-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
dubesor86

leaderboards will ALWAYS be full of hackers. I have not seen a single game that doesn't have hackers in their leaderboards, and this game will not be any different. Get used to it.
dubesor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
kyzhuchan

At least portal 2's leaderboards always purges hacked scores/times..
so its not always "ALWAYS"

If Valve can do it, why not rebellion?
kyzhuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Metal_Izanagi

Aye, no developer should tolerate hacking in the leaderboards. It's pretty easy to tell who's hacking and who isn't. The proper solution is for Rebellion to find the hackers, and report any of them that are playing through Steam, and not pirating the game, to Valve, so they can be permanently banned from the Steam platform. Shouldn't matter how much money they've invested; if you hack leaderboards, you should expect to lose access to your games, since that no doubt breaks the Steam TOS.
Metal_Izanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
dubesor86

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyzhuchan View Post
At least portal 2's leaderboards always purges the ridicilously obvious hacked scores/times..
so its not always "ALWAYS"

If Valve can do it, why not rebellion?
Yes it is always. And if someone wants to hack to be on the top of the leaderboard he can and will do it. If he of course blatantly cheats his scores to be 100 times higher than what is possible, sure will get purged. But that's not the solution to the problem.
dubesor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
kyzhuchan

sorry but portal 2 doesnt have a 100x, 50x, 20x, 10x, 5, or even 2x what is possible in the curren leaderboards because what i have said before, they purge hacked scores/times. They can confirm this by checking the demo file of the replay..

in sniper elite, i think they can also check this by checking the player stats and seeing that the entry of the hacked entry has a larger amount of killed enemies vs the scripted and the intended number of enemies in a certain stage and difficulty.

the point is, rebellion can counter check a leaderboard entry and can determine if that is hacked or not
kyzhuchan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2