Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 05-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
NuclearKangaroo

inventory problem

for some reason i cant see my Portal 2 and SMNC tab, now regarding SMNC maybe its because i havent bought anything from the store page yet, but i cant explain Portal 2, it used to be there for some reason back when i DIDNT have the game

any reason for this?

edit: trading seems to have fixed the problem, now i can see my SMNC tab and my TF2 inventory got updated, but my Portal 2 tab is nowhere to be seen, meh good enough

Last edited by NuclearKangaroo: 05-13-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
MADDOGGE

Restart Steam.

If that doesn't work exit Steam first, then find and rename your Clientregistry.blob file. Restart Steam once again, sign back in and check your inventory. See if you games back.

You haven't done any charge backs or a paypal dispute have you? Was the game a gift from someone else? If so they may have done a charge back or Paypal dispute. If so, Valve will remove the game since they weren't paid for the game.
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
Cosinus P. W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
Restart Steam.

If that doesn't work exit Steam first, then find and rename your Clientregistry.blob file. Restart Steam once again, sign back in and check your inventory. See if you games back.

You haven't done any charge backs or a paypal dispute have you? Was the game a gift from someone else? If so they may have done a charge back or Paypal dispute. If so, Valve will remove the game since they weren't paid for the game.
I don't think that's what the OP is asking.
Cosinus P. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
CyberSoniX

Steam does not update my inventory, too. I cannot see SMNC at all and other games like TF2 or Spiral Knights show my inventory how it was 2 days ago.
CyberSoniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
NuclearKangaroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
Restart Steam.

no, no, the game is still there, i mean the inventory tab of Portal 2, is weird its been there since christmas and now that i own the game it disappears, i guess ill restart steam

edit: didnt work

Last edited by NuclearKangaroo: 05-11-2012 at 07:50 PM.
NuclearKangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #6
NuclearKangaroo

ok a new problem i noticed, probably related, my TF2 inventory is outdated, it does not show my new SMNC Promos or the weapons i got from drops after i got my SMNC Promos
NuclearKangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
notdeadyet01

The steam servers might be busy.

I will give you some advice from the Xmas sale. (Not sure if it applies here)

Enter a trade with someone. It should reset the inventory.
notdeadyet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #8
GC90GIN

I have a similar problem as well (portal 2 tab and some steam gifts missing). I've tried doing a trade with someone and all it did was update my tf2 inventory.
GC90GIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
Angus Kart

TF2 and SMNC both refuse to show up in steam inventory for me. I have purchased items on both, definitely have tradeable items in TF2, should have prizes in SMNC as Im level 10 now.

I tried the clienttegistry.blob thing and it didnt work. Cant try a trade as none of my few friends are online now

Sent in a support ticket but havent heard back yet, dont expect to for a while.

Tried a trade session twice and both times it errored out as it was trying to send data from the other person. Trade window still only showed Steam, Spiral Knights and Crimecraft. No TF2 or SMNC

Last edited by Angus Kart: 05-12-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Angus Kart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
Satoru

You can try the old "delete everything except steam.exe and the steamapps folder"
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
CyberSoniX

I did a trade with someone and that updated my inventory to that point. SMNC does show up now.
But.... every change to my inventory after that trade does not show up again. Do I really need to initiate a trade now every time I want to refresh my inventory? That's crap.
CyberSoniX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #12
Angus Kart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru View Post
You can try the old "delete everything except steam.exe and the steamapps folder"
I just did this and nothing has changed.

I tried the trade session but it errored out after multiple attempts.

I guess all I can do is wait days or weeks for steam support and hope they can do something.

Plus on top of the no steam inventory, Im also not getting the rewards ingame from SMNC. Im at level 11 currently which should equal 1 TF2 hat and a SMNC uniform. Neither of which have I seen. No level 10 achievement either.
Angus Kart is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips