Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
iluvfuz

Falsely banned

Hey guys. I know not very many people are going to believe me, frankly I probably would be suspicious, because I realize the mentality around VAC is that they spend 2 weeks making 100% sure you cheat before they ban you. I already opened a Support ticket, but one of my friends with a thousand-some hours on TF2 also suggested that I open a forum thread.

So my ban is on Team Fortress 2. My activity on TF2 has been sparse for the 3 years I've owned the game. The past one and a half months (if I had to guess) I started playing a bit more with a friend ("DaRandomMofo", if it serves any help). Considering that my VAC ban looks at a two-week timeframe, I will too.

The last time I played TF2 was probably 5-6 days ago, last weekend at least. So that leaves almost a week of a gap in which I might have been banned. The two weeks period before last weekend, I played mostly on the weekends as well with possibly occasional time on the weekdays, a total of 4-8 hours a week during that time. My third party stuff is pretty rudimentary and doesn't seem subject to suspect. My main game that I play is Battlefield 3, playing TF2 occasionally and only with my aforementioned friend. As expected, I don't use cheats or any mods and frankly, I wasn't involved in any suspicious activity in the weeks leading up to my ban, I was a pretty mediocre Scout/Demo. I run Avast Antivirus, Steam, Origin, MSI Afterburner, PlayClaw, SRS Audio Sandbox, and ATI CCC. Background processes might have included Chrome, Photoshop, and such, not particularly certain.

Anyways, that's all I can pull off the top of my head for now. I can say with extreme certainty that I am an honest player and this ban came completely out of the blue as I continued my pattern of playing TF2 on the weekends with my friend after we get tired of Battlefield 3. Nobody else had access to my computer or Steam account as far as I know. I saw a thread from today on the same subject, although it's improbable that my ban was issued precisely today considering my 5-6 day absence and it's doubtful whether or not it is in the same scenario.

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions, I am free. If you want extra information, I'll try to provide it. I've already opened up a Steam Support ticket regarding the issue, but I have little confidence that those who it may concern will just toss it without reading it.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully, posting!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
BARKSQUAD

Vac bans don't always come in a two week period.
If you were banned it is because there was a process running while you connected to a vac server that was thought to be a cheat. (Or you really did cheat your balls off) You could have had anything running that vac didn't like, but the chance of you getting unbanned is slim to none.
You could have cheated in any source game at any point in time and they have that logged.
I hope this helps!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
iluvfuz

Yeah, that's somewhat helpful. Last Source multiplayer game I played was Counter Strike Source half a year or more ago, and before that no cheating either and similar behavior with TF2: a very casual playstyle unlike in Battlefield games I play. The only Source game I can recall I cheated on was in Half Life 2 with sv_cheats where I did enjoy cheating my balls off.

Other than that, I'm really drawing blanks. Is there any similar situation in the history of VAC bans? I found that there were Modern Warfare 2 wrongful bans at one point, but that it was specific to the game and quickly remedied.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #4
pixelante15

When was the last time you used the Runescape Bot?
Old 05-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
iluvfuz

Haha, two or three years ago, I believe. Long stopped playing the game.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #6
Matt

Volunteer Moderator - I was on TV!
You know better than anyone here what programs are installed / running on your computer. What's the point in us trying to guess what you or someone may have done on your computer / account? All that needs to be done is contact support if you have a question. The forums cannot reverse a ban. Nor can we review any logs or account info.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
iluvfuz

I know what programs I have installed and I can guess at what I had running (as I tried above) while playing TF2 in the past three weeks, but I know little about the mechanisms of VAC aside from basics through Google searches and such.

The main purpose of this topic is to see whether I can find any further insight into my situation and whether VAC's policies have any niches that could be inherent to my ban. Nonetheless, I understand that the support ticket is my best bet at the moment and that posting on the forums themselves won't directly help me get unbanned, but it could provide some answers. I would be content if I knew the reason why I was banned.

Feel free to close the thread, it's your decision of course, but I'm still baffled by my ban and I feel this thread still holds some use to me.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
Amy

Apparently, it's not your first time you got banned for hacking ... Also, you most used wep and kill are made with Magnum on BF3? Really?

And if you still really think you were falsy banned, just contact support.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #9
iluvfuz

Nope, I actually reversed the server ban. I contacted the server admins and it turned out that they banned the wrong person--they intended to ban a player hacking in a jet but mistook me for the intended player due to my high KDR that round. If you want, you can check the validity of the reversal by contacting the admins or I can just join in to show you myself, although I doubt you'd want to spend your time doing so.

Also, if you look at my weapons, you can see that I intentionally made the Magnum my #1 used weapon. I spread out my kills through the other guns as part of a goal to get at least 100 kills with all the primary weapons. Furthermore, my Magnum accuracy is average (42%) with a pretty low headshot ratio from what I recall on BF3Stats. It's powerful enough to use in short-medium range that it makes it less situational when I can use it, thus the reason why I was able to get so many kills on it. If you look at my other pistols, you'll notice that I rarely use them, meaning that I play almost exclusively with the .44 (which, from experience, is the key factor to making a weapon #1).

Anyways, I appreciate the help and healthy suspicion. But I'd prefer if people have any constructive ideas that they post, rather than try to pin dirt on me. Don't get me wrong, I won't try to hide because that will probably incriminate me, but I just don't want to spend too much time defending myself. If nobody has any other ideas, I really am thankful for the helpful posts, and I won't mind if the thread dies from inactivity.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
ICantShoot

Any person who has been wrongfully banned does not sound so sincere and would care if thread here would be closed as including support, it's only lifeline to solve the false ban (if any). Just saying. Seen many bans here that are "false" and yet they usually aren't.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #11
iluvfuz

I would not mind if the forum thread is closed, because, as multiple posters mentioned, I won't be getting unbanned with the help of the forum. I do very much so mind if my support ticket is closed, because, in your words, it's my only lifeline.

My main issue that I'm attempting to solve through these forums is finding the reason why was banned. If you believe I was hacking, then I already addressed and acknowledged your thoughts in my first post and I would prefer that you don't post at all without any other information that can be relevant or helpful.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not ungrateful and I fully understand every thread of doubt and suspicion people hold against me. I'm not a stupid cheater who got rightfully banned and decided to create a forum post in vain to people who would not otherwise know that this user "iluvfuz" had been VAC banned from TF2, perhaps because "he let his brother play on his account". No. I fully realize my situation and I don't need lecturing. If I was rightfully banned, I would not have created a thread that would not have helped me get unbanned just to subject myself to posters digging up my history through Google.

Thank you for your efforts, but, please, I posted a bunch of information on the first post for the express reason to give anybody with the capacity to help to do so.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #12
Matt

Volunteer Moderator - I was on TV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfuz View Post
My main issue that I'm attempting to solve through these forums is finding the reason why was banned.
Not possible - no one here can tell you that

Old 05-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #13
rycegaming

I digged up your name in goggle registered under a game hacking forum.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #14
iluvfuz

Alright, I don't hold that against anybody. I felt that Steam Forumers might hold more information and VAC ban history than trawling through Google, so at the time it didn't seem that outlandish that someone could assist in finding the reason.

I know you don't think it's possible, but if you wouldn't mind, I still have hopes that a helpful information broker may help out eventually. But if you think it's a definite futile effort, you may close it within your discretion.

Thanks for the post, and I'm still researching and documenting VAC bans and local processes on my PC, though I'm not sure if I'm missing anything.

EDIT: rycegaming, I know I was involved with PSP modding and hacking at the time (especially the cheat-ridden games of the SOCOM: FTB franchise), although I don't recall actively using other game hacking forums.

Last edited by iluvfuz: 05-12-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:58 AM   #15
restlessgamer75

Banned
to me it looks like your evolved in alot of hacking not only on pc but also on the ps3 but yea support is the only thing that can help you
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion