Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Endless Space

Old 05-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
SacremPyrobolum

Endless Space Help

Here are some questions I have regarding the game.

1. How do I improve happiness on my planets. If i leave them alone they always seem to plummet.

2. How can I colonize more efficiently. My opponents, the smart alien guys, always seem to have amassed a small empire where as I only have two or three small planets. Furthermore, their boarders seem to expand much quicker then mine, even after building all the upgrades on a system.

3. Why wont my missiles fire? I put them on the ship, but they never seem to work.

That is all for know, thanks for the help.

EDIT: Which exploits go to which planets? I know that the farming one goes to terran planets.

Last edited by SacremPyrobolum: 05-15-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
SlOwH4nD

Amplitude Studios
1. Happiness can be maanged by changing the Tax rate (Empire View) and also with certain System Improvements (check the Trade/Diplomacy tech tree)
2. Start by developing planets with food? Research the food-based System Improvements to get pop. up? Not sure what you are or aren't doing...
3. Missiles fire during the first round of combat. If the opposing ships have anti-missile defenses, you may not have much effect. Check the stats at the end of the battle.

For more hints check out our official forums:

forums.amplitude-studios.com
SlOwH4nD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
crosswire

This helped me a lot.

http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/...-for-beginners.
crosswire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
SacremPyrobolum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlOwH4nD View Post
1. Happiness can be maanged by changing the Tax rate (Empire View) and also with certain System Improvements (check the Trade/Diplomacy tech tree)
2. Start by developing planets with food? Research the food-based System Improvements to get pop. up? Not sure what you are or aren't doing...
3. Missiles fire during the first round of combat. If the opposing ships have anti-missile defenses, you may not have much effect. Check the stats at the end of the battle.

For more hints check out our official forums:

forums.amplitude-studios.com
My problems seem to be mostly with building colonizers. On average it take five turn to make one.
SacremPyrobolum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
Astasia

So? Do it. Build a bunch, in multiple systems, so long as your population can sustain it. Building colony ships and settling nearby systems is pretty much the most important thing to do. I tend to settle like 10 systems ASAP and then start worrying about building a couple defensive fleets, and then I colonize even more.

As for exploits, it's true some work substantially better on certain planet types, but only setting them up like that will pretty much gimp you. Early on you basically want the food exploit on every single planet, then worry about specializing later when you have a decent population to work with.
Astasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
SlOwH4nD

Amplitude Studios
The number of turns to make a colony ship depends on your level of development and your faction. It's not supposed to be easy!
SlOwH4nD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
Tarus

Since last patch i have a huge problem.
After some rounds i cant move my fleets ... even after dispand and fleet recration or by building new ships ... i cant move them.
Game is lost then every time. What is wrong here ?

I found the BUG... every time i use the Steam overlay i cant move ships. If i restart the game all is fine until i use the overlay again

Last edited by Tarus: 05-18-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:09 AM   #8
benvw

Cant move my fleet - help please

Hi, since the last update I cant move my fleet at all. The game is useless. There is a major bug and I dont know how to get it fixed. Anyone else know how to fix it? PLEASE???
benvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:10 AM   #9
benvw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlOwH4nD View Post
The number of turns to make a colony ship depends on your level of development and your faction. It's not supposed to be easy!
Can you help with how to move the fleet since the last update?
benvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
Vimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvw View Post
Can you help with how to move the fleet since the last update?
try shift+tabbing or alt+tabbing a couple times. I think I read of people fixing it that way.
Vimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #11
Arparso

Hitting just [Shift] once or a couple of times usually resolves that issue for me. Sometimes it's like the key got stuck, although it actually didn't - it's just the game behaving as if...
Arparso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #12
ScouseSandwich

New Question.

How does one get trade to start up in your empire? the internal AI trade, not trade between empires. I invest in the sytem upgrades that give trader slots but i don't know why some planets get traders and some don't.
ScouseSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
Vimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseSandwich View Post
New Question.

How does one get trade to start up in your empire? the internal AI trade, not trade between empires. I invest in the sytem upgrades that give trader slots but i don't know why some planets get traders and some don't.
Trading in the game is somewhat of a mystery. Hopefully they will revamp it so the player has some idea of how it works and some input into where trade occurs.

From what I can tell it seems like the amount of trade routes is limited to the number of AI systems among races you are at least at peace with. So for instance if the one race you are at peace with has 5 systems then that is a maximum of 5 trade routes for you. The 5 trade routes could all be to one of your systems or it could be split between a bunch of your systems.

Distance between your system and the system being traded with seems to effect the amount you get but I think other things effect it as well, such as maybe the population of the system or maybe the wealth of the system.

Because there is only a limited number of trade routes available, if any at all, it seems best to specialize one or two systems to be your trade systems and not worry about building any trade improvements any wheres else. Especially if you have a hero that has the science and wealth specialty as those heros can easily multiply your trade route income by 5-10 times, although I think they did nerf that to some extent in a recent patch.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #14
Akuthia

Since this seems to be the general "Help me!" thread, I'm having a problem. I saw where you're supposed to be able to drag an drop population from one planet to another colonizable one in the same system, and when i click and hold over the planet i have people I want to move, it says something to the effect of "Dragging X population, drop on the planet you want to colonize", but it isn't moving the people. Is there a specific tech i need to do it? is it currently disabled in the beta?
Akuthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:49 AM   #15
Vimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuthia View Post
Since this seems to be the general "Help me!" thread, I'm having a problem. I saw where you're supposed to be able to drag an drop population from one planet to another colonizable one in the same system, and when i click and hold over the planet i have people I want to move, it says something to the effect of "Dragging X population, drop on the planet you want to colonize", but it isn't moving the people. Is there a specific tech i need to do it? is it currently disabled in the beta?
No you don't need any tech. You simply click and hold on the planet that has people and drag to the planet you want them to be moved to. More specifically, you have to click on the left population bar of the planet. You have to click below the filled population slots. If you want to move all of them then you click on the very bottom person. Be sure you have already colonized another planet in the system using the colonize planet improvement other wise you can't move anyone any wheres.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Endless Space