Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 05-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
Mooostache

Question Are the PC versions of AC I and II any good?

They're on sale today for $5 each, and I was wondering whether or not to buy them, I've heard from friends that they're just crappy console ports on PC and that the controls are confusing.

Any insight?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
My brother played all of the versions on PC and he had plenty of fun and had no problem with the controls.

Game seemed to run just fine as well so they are not exactly bad ports.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
EliteTemptation

I've played AC2/Brotherhood/Revelations on PC

AC2 plays fine, the main issues you'll have is not knowing what keys to press during cutscenes (because they show a picture instead of the key you have to press, this isn't present in the newer titles) Also you'll find the movement system slightly difficult at times, for example your character will drop from a ledge when you don't want him to, or jump to the wrong place off of a roof

Unfortunately the poor movement is in every title, revelations seems to be the most optimized pc wise, they are ports but they aren't that bad

Also be warned they are HEAVY on pc requirements if you plan on playing on just high, I couldn't keep a smooth framerate (60+fps) on a core 2 quad @ 3.0 ghz / gtx 285 1 gb / 8 gb ram @ 1440x900 resolution (this game is poorly optimized)

Anyway, you should enjoy them

As for online play, reveleations is the only active online, and I recommend playing FFA Deathmatch (unfortunately you get advantages with the leveling system, so you'll be able to do much much better around levels 27-40~ when you start to unlock useful abilities)

I'd get them if you like to follow the story, atmosphere of AC (I have no idea how the first one runs on pc though)

AC2 is about 18-21 hours
Brotherhood is about 8 hours
And revelations is about 12-20 hours? I can't recall, the online made me get up to 45 hours (I was very good at the online so I hit max rank really quick, coming in first place consecutive for 15-20 games at a time before placing second) So maybe you'll get more time out of the online than I did

Last edited by EliteTemptation: 05-19-2012 at 11:32 AM.
EliteTemptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
tacc

The games are several years old already. So I assume there are maybe one or two PC version reviews out there.
tacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
Mooostache

I've read 3 or 4 reviews for the two games, and so far they've only covered the looks and story of the games.

Any more insight on the actual gameplay? Do the controls grow to be "fluid" so you don't have to think about which key you'll press next?
Mooostache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
EliteTemptation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooostache View Post
I've read 3 or 4 reviews for the two games, and so far they've only covered the looks and story of the games.

Any more insight on the actual gameplay? Do the controls grow to be "fluid" so you don't have to think about which key you'll press next?
read my post..

Brotherhood/revelations do that

AC2 does not, the buttons are displayed by pictures and not the actual key (meaning something like attack will be shown with a green sword and not the key on your keyboard, while in brotherhood/reveleations, it will tell you the exact key)
EliteTemptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #7
Amber_Johnson

Banned
Very stupid and unrealistic gameplay.
Wear a hoodie. And to evade guards, you bow your head ,and you somehow change from the guy they where chasing, into a monk.
After playing my brother announced he was gay,and he in jail now, so I do not suggest to male friends.
Very nice graphics, and animations where very good. Game designer make too much fantasy, and not enough realism to keep interest for very long.
Amber_Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
Clevererraptor6

Keyboard and mouse controls are terrible, after 10 minutes I switched to an Xbox 360 controller.
Clevererraptor6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips