Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Scout

Old 05-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
Tomatketchup

Improving my scout aim

I do really good as scout, most of the time I hang by the top of the scoreboard, but since I'm a perfectionist I feel I need to do better, and frankly, there are a lot of times where I just aim horribly. There's been a lot of times where I've missed a heavy 2-3 times while he's firing at me and I run around him which is really embarrasing.

I know I get better by playing more, but is there some way that can help me with my aiming more? I've used mouse sensitivity, but perhaps there are more ways to help me?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
DRaGZ

Just...keep playing.

Scout is a fairly execution-heavy class, it's all about how good you actually are with your aim, and you can really only improve that by practicing more and more.
DRaGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
Barkjon

MGE alot, and figure out the perfect sensitivity.

I've heard from a lot of people who main Scout in 6's that you should either get great at either movement or aim; the other will come after time.
Barkjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
DRaGZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkjon View Post
MGE alot, and figure out the perfect sensitivity.

I've heard from a lot of people who main Scout in 6's that you should either get great at either movement or aim; the other will come after time.
MGE will make you develop bad habits for proper map movement.
DRaGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
J_P_Savage

It may not be the best tactic, but I tend to let my movement do the aiming for me. Strafe a target and when your crosshair passes over, fire. Use the mouse to get a rough directional fix on your target, then engage with evasive movement.
J_P_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
Rologton

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_Savage View Post
It may not be the best tactic, but I tend to let my movement do the aiming for me. Strafe a target and when your crosshair passes over, fire. Use the mouse to get a rough directional fix on your target, then engage with evasive movement.
This is a great way to do it, because it also can help to make your movement unpredicatable.

Scout is a wierd amalgamation of tracking and twitch aiming. Doing things this way can help that.
Rologton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
R

refresh rate.
R is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Classes and Balance Discussion > Scout