Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
Stryker7990

Angry Vac Banned Notices etc !!

Well let start here,
Vac should notify the people who get banned on what type of cheat or hack they got banned with, and also Vac should only be used on Half Life and Counter Strike !!. I say this because it is not compatable with the new and Top games that coming out now.
Myself being involved with the ACP for nearly 8-9yrs now and just recently throughly had to check my sons computer for any hacks or memory changes in which there was none and he got banned rather quickly for Game Fractions. I found no hacks etc Iam 99% sure Vac is not compatable with MW3 etc.
Vac should notify These hackers and cheaters by stating what they have been banned with and not fobbed off with a message " sorry we cannot tell what people have been banned for".
I would like to see the feed back on this one !!
Old 05-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
Smile286

This is never gonna happen...

If they start to notify people for what cheat/hack they were banned, then other cheaters quickly gonna know, which hack is bannable and which is not.

Your son's account was banned in MW3? Looks like he's cheated. You haven't found any of cheats on his HDD? Well, maybe he deleted it?
Old 05-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
wildfire678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile286 View Post
Your son's account was banned in MW3? Looks like he's cheated. You haven't found any of cheats on his HDD? Well, maybe he deleted it?
Or maybe the cheat was installed/executed from another system that has access to the OP's son's account. One thing I've learnt is you can't always trust people even close family.

At the end of the day though, it's the son's responsibility for his account if he somehow allowed it to be abused it's his issue.

Agreed, Valve do not (and should not) issue what cheat triggered the ban.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
Tito Shivan

Valve will never inform what triggered a VAC ban. That would be disclosing information that could be used by cheat makers against VAC itself.

I put my bet your kid knows what did trigger the cheat.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
Karr-Man

I guess that u mean valve should send something like this:

Dear Mr Cheat-Developer,

Just to let you know we can now detect version 1.01 of your cheat. Please feel free to warn all of your users about this fact and get developing version 1.02.

Lots of love from Valve

ps. if you have already released version 1.02, we cant detect that one yet, we'll be sure to let you know when we can.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
MIK3K

Are you one of those parents that blame the school when your kid fails?
Old 05-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
Stryker7990

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIK3K View Post
Are you one of those parents that blame the school when your kid fails?
No. I believe any child education is very Important
Old 05-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
Stryker7990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Shivan View Post
Valve will never inform what triggered a VAC ban. That would be disclosing information that could be used by cheat makers against VAC itself.

I put my bet your kid knows what did trigger the cheat.
Tito, what a load of crap may I say. It dos'nt make a difference, the hacks and cheats are produced usually before the game is out. And its not breaking any laws that I know off to inform people what they have been banned with !!
If you would notice Nearly All THE ACP's put a list up of what you have been banned with !!
I have been working with ACP's long enough to know what it is all about and I know too many people get banned for the wrong thing, because too many people are miss informed and also too many people in source coding are hackers them selves,!!.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
kakkerlak

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker7990 View Post
No. I believe any child education is very Important
I believe that too but that does not mean I am bothered to do anything about it.

so did you ask your "kid"?
Old 05-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
Stryker7990

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakkerlak View Post
I believe that too but that does not mean I am bothered to do anything about it.

so did you ask your "kid"?
Yes, and also At the time it happened checked all of his computer for any hacks and hashes etc and there is nothing on there that has been changed. Also he has not reformatted his harddrive or changed anything at all and I BELIEVE MY SON 100%.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
kakkerlak

Banned
Quote:
Yes, and also At the time it happened checked all of his computer for any hacks and hashes etc and there is nothing on there that has been changed. Also he has not reformatted his harddrive or changed anything at all and I BELIEVE MY SON 100%.
lol must be new to kids :P

good luck with your story.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
L.o.D.

The bottom line is simple. If your kid did not make any changes what so ever to MW3, then he would not have ever gotten banned.
Obviously something was changed in his account, whether it was done by him or a friend.

But as to your suggestion, that is ridiculous. Why would you want to help the cheat developers by letting them know that version xxx is detected thus allowing them to update it so that it can take longer to be detected.

BTW, you could not have talked to him the moment the ban happened as it may have been weeks/months after the fact when you did.
Bans are not instantaneously.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:44 PM   #13
Stryker7990

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.o.D. View Post
The bottom line is simple. If your kid did not make any changes what so ever to MW3, then he would not have ever gotten banned.
Obviously something was changed in his account, whether it was done by him or a friend.

But as to your suggestion, that is ridiculous. Why would you want to help the cheat developers by letting them know that version xxx is detected thus allowing them to update it so that it can take longer to be detected.

BTW, you could not have talked to him the moment the ban happened as it may have been weeks/months after the fact when you did.
Bans are not instantaneously.
Thank you LOD for your answer here. My son had his account hacked last year he had his account re-activated in 2 weeks.
May I ask LOD, How much do you know about ACP's and how they work? send by pm if you want.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #14
Tito Shivan

Quote:
Thank you LOD for your answer here. My son had his account hacked last year he had his account re-activated in 2 weeks.
May I ask LOD, How much do you know about ACP's and how they work? send by pm if you want.
That's quite a relevant info about the issue. It's not the first time i see a VAC happening after an account hijack (Specially with VAC delayed bans)
Old 05-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #15
Stryker7990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Shivan View Post
That's quite a relevant info about the issue. It's not the first time i see a VAC happening after an account hijack (Specially with VAC delayed bans)
It is Tito, Look I will be very Honest with you guys. If someone is caught cheating he should get banned completely by Ip or Range ban from any game, they lose there account completely and cannot get back in. But this do's not happen here, the banned people can get another account which should not happen.
My self I hate cheaters and have no time for them.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion