Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion

Old 05-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
kaboom12345678

Unhappy Cant log into steam AT ALL

I cant log into my steam account,Yesterday i went to do some chores,get something to eat and use the bath-room, Before i left the room my friend asked if he could fool around on it and i said alright. When i come back i see him on C:SS with a file called Aim bot on my desktop, I told him to remove it and dont do it again i do not want to get my account banned from steam and he did it. A couple hours later after we watched some funny Pewdiepie videos my friend left to go home then i started playing garrys mod,css,hl2 and some other stuff. I logged out when it was 12:05-12:30. The next day i wake up and turn on my lap top and it asks for my password? I had set it to remember my password and auto-maticly log me in, I enter my password and username correctly but it says Wrong password I tried a lot of things i restarted my computer too! My friend doesnt know how to reset my password cause he doesnt under stand steam that well but he is gamer and plays C:SS 2d (Free 2 play version but it is also 2d) Here is the link the video of what i friend used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMzN...eature=related Can any of you help?

Last edited by kaboom12345678: 05-23-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
kakkerlak

Banned
do not make public anything that you put in your loging box this include your account name.

I am not reading the rest of the text wall read this.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...1223-QROC-4460

why are you posting in the anti cheat section?
feel guilty about something?

Last edited by kakkerlak: 05-23-2012 at 07:47 AM.
kakkerlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
Evo Nightmare

Sounds like your account was hijacked. If it was flagged for a VAC ban there is not a lot you can do about it.

You can recover the hijacked account read this and follow the link kakkerlak posted.
Evo Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
PGG

Probably you (or your "friend", whatever) used aimbot, which came with trojan/keylogger. So, you account was stolen. Check this and this articles to reclaim your account. You may need to contact Steam Support after all.

And if you (or your "friend") used cheats on VAC-secured server, your account will be VAC-banned...
PGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
Tito Shivan

I'd start wondering what kind of friends, who the first thing they do on your computer is install cheats and shady stuff, do you have...

A VAC ban won't be reversed. Follow the offered advice to reclaim your account back.
Tito Shivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
Karr-Man

Run a decent virus scanner ASAP.

Assume any password u have used since yesterday is now comprimised and will require changing (on a CLEAN machine, ie. not your current machine before a virus scan is complete.)

As already mentioned contact support to get your account back. Prepare yourself for the account to be VAC banned (within a few weeks) the account will not be unbanned.

Never let your "friend" loose on your computer again.
Karr-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
wildfire678

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom12345678 View Post
My friend doesnt know how to reset my password cause he doesnt under stand steam that well but he is gamer and plays C:SS 2d (Free 2 play version but it is also 2d) Here is the link the video of what i friend used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMzN...eature=related Can any of you help?
Some friend, was steamguard active on your account?

Follow the instructions posted earlier, and change your passwords for all online accounts email/games/forums/banking etc.

Next time lock your computer even if you are only going for a bathroom break.

BTW, as other have suggested this does not belong in the VAC forum, but if you account does become VAC banned there is no chance of reversing it. You account is your responsibility.
wildfire678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
kaboom12345678

wildfire678
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom12345678 View Post
My friend doesnt know how to reset my password cause he doesnt under stand steam that well but he is gamer and plays C:SS 2d (Free 2 play version but it is also 2d) Here is the link the video of what i friend used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMzN...eature=related Can any of you help?
Some friend, was steamguard active on your account?

Follow the instructions posted earlier, and change your passwords for all online accounts email/games/forums/banking etc.

Next time lock your computer even if you are only going for a bathroom break.

BTW, as other have suggested this does not belong in the VAC forum, but if you account does become VAC banned there is no chance of reversing it. You account is your responsibility.
Today 08:00 AM
Karr-Man Run a decent virus scanner ASAP.

Assume any password u have used since yesterday is now comprimised and will require changing (on a CLEAN machine, ie. not your current machine before a virus scan is complete.)

As already mentioned contact support to get your account back. Prepare yourself for the account to be VAC banned (within a few weeks) the account will not be unbanned.

Never let your "friend" loose on your computer again.
Today 08:00 AM
Tito Shivan I'd start wondering what kind of friends, who the first thing they do on your computer is install cheats and shady stuff, do you have...

A VAC ban won't be reversed. Follow the offered advice to reclaim your account back.
Today 07:48 AM
PGG Probably you (or your "friend", whatever) used aimbot, which came with trojan/keylogger. So, you account was stolen. Check this and this articles to reclaim your account. You may need to contact Steam Support after all.

And if you (or your "friend") used cheats on VAC-secured server, your account will be VAC-banned...
Today 07:48 AM
Evo Nightmare Sounds like your account was hijacked. If it was flagged for a VAC ban there is not a lot you can do about it.

You can recover the hijacked account read this and follow the link kakkerlak posted.
Today 07:42 AM
kakkerlak do not make public anything that you put in your loging box this include your account name.

I am not reading the rest of the text wall read this.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...1223-QROC-4460

why are you posting in the anti cheat section?
feel guilty about something?
Today 07:34 AM
kaboom12345678
Cant log into steam AT ALL
I cant log into my steam account,Yesterday i went to do some chores,get something to eat and use the bath-room, Before i left the room my friend asked if he could fool around on it and i said alright. When i come back i see him on C:SS with a file called Aim bot on my desktop, I told him to remove it and dont do it again i do not want to get my account banned from steam and he did it. A couple hours later after we watched some funny Pewdiepie videos my friend left to go home then i started playing garrys mod,css,hl2 and some other stuff. I logged out when it was 12:05-12:30. The next day i wake up and turn on my lap top and it asks for my password? I had set it to remember my password and auto-maticly log me in, I enter my password and username correctly but it says Wrong password I tried a lot of things i restarted my computer too! My friend doesnt know how to reset my password cause he doesnt under stand steam that well but he is gamer and plays C:SS 2d (Free 2 play version but it is also 2d) Here is the link the video of what i friend used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxMzN...eature=related Can any of you help?

Thank you all for helping

I am gonna kick my friends when he comes over because of this i might be VAC banned and almost loose my account
kaboom12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #9
kakkerlak

Banned
VAC only bans you from online servers your account and your normal , honest and better games will still work a 100%.

you are to ambitious with your posts use less text.
kakkerlak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > VAC Discussion