Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Old 05-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #1
BrokenIce

Getting Shot

In CS 1.6, I can feel when I get shot. I can somewhat gauge my HP without even having to look at my health at the bottom of the screen by the amount of bullets that I get hit by and depending on the weapon. I don't know if this is just me but I don't get that same feeling when I play CS GO. I feel like there is no feed back when a bullet hits me, except for the red hit markers that come up. Anyone else feel the same way or am I imagining things?
Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
CombustableLems

when u are shot, your screen shakes, in csgo this doesnt happen
CombustableLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
BrokenIce

There is also the sound of getting hit, body twitches, and movement changes..
BrokenIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
Warboss Choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenIce View Post
There is also the sound of getting hit, body twitches, and movement changes..
Yeah it gives you instant feed back without taking your eyes down at the corner of your screen.
Warboss Choppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
BrokenIce

There a reason why CSGO doesn't have this?
Old 05-24-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
Magnog

yeah i agree.. there's still alot missing in CS GO and alot of things needing changed.
Magnog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #7
checkk

I just can't stand that red health bar even when you have 90 hp left..
checkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
CombustableLems

in cs:go when you are hit, the screen doesnt shake, but a earrape tastic sound plays, and the kevlar is pretty unforgiving even to guns like pistols (not the deagle) and some low cal SMGs;
i just feel thy need to toon the damage resistance of kevlar and helmet
CombustableLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
187eR

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkk View Post
I just can't stand that red health bar even when you have 90 hp left..
lmao its so annoying isnt it?

i get shot i look at my hp [its red] and think a i have 15hp left, then it goes back to green and actually have 80+. trolling us right there
187eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #10
shamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombustableLems View Post
in cs:go when you are hit, the screen doesnt shake, but a earrape tastic sound plays, and the kevlar is pretty unforgiving even to guns like pistols (not the deagle) and some low cal SMGs;
i just feel thy need to toon the damage resistance of kevlar and helmet
I completely agree about the kevlar and helmet. It feels as though regardless if I have kevlar and helmet or not, I'm going to get killed before I kill the other person. Always. Regardless if they have kevlar or not.
shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #11
BrokenIce

I wasn't talking about kevlar or the helmet... I am saying we just need the same feedback as there is in 1.6. I don't see why they had to take it out anyway.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #12
DigChrono

First off,
THIS IS NOT 1.6

Second, well, I second this. I also think the movement slowdown is annoying when you get hit, it seems a little too extreme
DigChrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #13
Kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigChrono View Post
First off,
THIS IS NOT 1.6

Second, well, I second this. I also think the movement slowdown is annoying when you get hit, it seems a little too extreme
Don't kneejerk every time someone suggests something be like 1.6. 1.6 did a lot well, it had a lot of iterations and a lot of testing behind it, and while GO is different it doesn't need to be trying to re-invent the wheel, if a mechanic works well and makes sense, why not adopt it?
Kaizoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #14
LittleFo0t

I believe it's a very important mechanic of the game that is missing. I don't know why there hasn't been more discussion on this topic.

Before I go a little off topic, I completely agree with the OP. I should never have to look down at my health because I'm unsure of how much damage i've taken. I don't know the last time I've checked my health. There must be more feedback, on both sides. Right now I have trouble telling when I've been tagged and also when I've tagged someone. CS1.6 does that quite well.

I believe without tagging/flinching mechanic, you don't have to be as thoughtful as to when, where and how you peek because you don't have to worry about getting tagged up, stuck and shot down. As of now if you peek yourself into a horrible situation, all you have to do is strafe back into cover without penalty. One of the first things I had to learn when playing CS competitively was to peek less and be more patient. As of now, that skill is not as highly regarded as before, which I personally believe to be a honorable and highly competitive skill set.

I must note though, at this point in the beta, with movement still being quite restricted, this mechanic would not help the game. To be viable, we also need to see more advanced movement. Without more movement options, getting through tight spots is going to be almost impossible. See Jimmy Whisenhunt's videos on movement for examples.

Edit: Also, we will not longer be witness to those awful strafe wars we see so prominently!

Last edited by LittleFo0t: 05-25-2012 at 01:46 PM.
LittleFo0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #15
BrokenIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigChrono View Post
First off,
THIS IS NOT 1.6

Wow, you seem to be very sensitive when it comes down to someone mentioning 1.6.

First off, this is Counter Strike. Whether you want to admit it or not, the game needs to feel like Counter Strike to have a Counter Strike name on it. If they didn't want to make Counter Strike, they would have named the game differently. At its current state, I don't feel like I am playing anything when I get shot. It is like I am a piece of wood and bullets are going into me, but I don't know how many...

Second, why fix something that isn't broken?

Third, I asked why did they remove the feedback that is in 1.6 on getting shot. Did you answer my question? No..

Last edited by BrokenIce: 05-25-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive