Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3

Old 05-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
TigerPlushie

Leaving a comfort zone

Greetings~

For the longest time I've been primarily playing mercenary mode, mostly because I like the idea of random teams. No clan pubstomping a group of random people. Also, comparably, I've seen very few obvious hackers in this mode.

However, at night the player number tends to first go below 50 and then sometime dwindle into one digit territory. So I've been considering branching out a bit. My main concern for now were hacked lobbies. I like unlocking stuff and am too lazy to back sh*t up. But still, I'd like to try something different. So I wonder:

How BAD are the other modes really? Domination? Ground wars? and how are the community playlists? They sound like heaps of fun :3
Old 05-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
tvdw

Depends on where you live. I hardly ever see hackers and definitely never see a hacked lobby.
tvdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #3
Lonwolf

Overall Team Defender is the best gamemode in my opinion. You always know where the action is and a lots of noobs / campers / cluelesschickens won't pull the entire team back a lot. Sure it all depends, but it's more tactical when you play it with other people in your party on voice chat*skype*.

Stay away from Gound Wars. The only wall-aim botters i've seen in CoD made by chaos were there. I tried to play GW and it always ended badly.

Domination and HC Domination is great but there are much more back-stabbers and spawncampers there and it's very easy to hit a moab if you are decent. Expect lots of drama on the chat.

Infected and One in the Chamber + All or Nothing are a change of pace and fun. But beware, Infected will your k/d some matches if you care about your global stats.
Lonwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
TigerPlushie

Heh, I had a hunch that ground wars would be a bad idea. It was very much the same back in MW2... But still it'd be nice to play some dedicated domination sometimes. I do enjoy messing around with a shield and trophy system, just beelining right to the next capture point :3

Maybe I'll give it a shot next opportunity.
TigerPlushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #5
shandrolis

I haven't seen a hacked lobby in weeks. There are tons of hackers in Ground War though, encountered at least 3 very obvious ones today.

For domination, there'll be one every once in a while. But mostly you'll be fine.
shandrolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #6
ChrisL

If you were to run into a hacker, it would be in Ground Wars. I honestly haven't seen that many hackers and I've just been sticking to Domination, TDM, and Kill Confirmed.
ChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:48 AM   #7
-Genius-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonwolf View Post
Overall Team Defender is the best gamemode in my opinion. You always know where the action is and a lots of noobs / campers / clueless chickens won't pull the entire team back a lot. Sure it all depends, but it's more tactical when you play it with other people in your party on voice chat *skype*.
I agree, I've been addicted to the Team Defender game mode since I first played it. I hope they keep it in future Call of Duty's and hopefully someone will make a Team Defender mod for Black Ops (if it hasn't been created yet).

You can gain so many points with just about anything you do, I like to get crap loads of kills while holding the flag (Double Threat Medal) or, if I feel like my team isn't protecting me well enough or can't seem to defend I'll let one of them hold the flag and I'll defend. There's always action, once you kill the enemy they are on their way back. Killing the flag carrier is always gratifying as well.

Message me if anybody needs a pretty great Team Defender player on their team.

Last edited by -Genius-: 05-24-2012 at 07:50 AM.
-Genius- is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3