Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

Old 05-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
Pockles

Post DayZ with only Operation Arrowhead

Thought I'd post this here in case someone has the same issue I do. I only have Operation Arrowhead and I've been trying to get DayZ to work. I keep getting the deleted.chernarus error and "Addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'CABuildingParts'" when I try to play the game. Someone posted this one pastebin and it got the game working for me:

Heres the instructions for it:

1) Download and run/install Operation Arrowhead.

2) Download and run/install Arma 2 Free

3) Download the mod files and extract them to a common location

4) Go to your steam folder/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead folder. Inside this folder, create a new folder called : "@DayZ" without the quotes

5) Inside the @DayZ folder, create a new folder called: "Addons" again without the quotes

6) Inside this Addons folder, paste the extracted mod files.

7) Go back to the Arma 2 OA folder. Create another new folder called: "Arma2"

8) Go to your steam arma 2 free folder (same general location as OA folder). Copy all of the contents inside, go back to the Arma 2 OA folder, and paste all those things into the Arma2 folder you just created.

9) Create a desktop shortcut of the file ArmA2OA.exe

10) Right click this shortcut, click properties, and in the target box after the quotations paste: -mod=Arma2;EXPANSION;CA -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ -nosplash

For example, mine looks like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -mod=Arma2;EXPANSION;CA -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ -nosplash

Game should run then. Only run it from the desktop shortcut
Old 05-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
sunchipzzz

so will pasting the "-mod=Arma2;EXPANSION;CA -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" line automatically fill in the gaps to form a proper path? or do we have to enter it manually?
sunchipzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
Pockles

I managed to get it working by just using "-mod=Arma2;EXPANSION;CA -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" as the launch option for Arrowhead on steam. Found it easier than working with the shortcut because for whatever reason the steam overlay wont show up if you use the shortcut method. There shouldn't be any path issues if you use it as a launch option.
Pockles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
UltimaDude

I realized you missed out a part that launched the DayZ mod on the last post, so here's the entire thing you need in the Steam launch options:

-mod=Arma2;EXPANSION;CA -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ -nosplash
UltimaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
Reaperchris13

Just did this and it worked Thanks a ton!
Reaperchris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #6

My solution to fix the "deleted.Chernarus" issue was to just copy the Addons folder from ArmA II Free folder into the ArmA II Operation Arrowhead folder, and it worked without any fancy shortcut wizardry beyond the steam "-nosplash -mod=@DayZ" addition
90068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
rodier

Im trying this way http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?t...E_.2B_ARMA2:OA
and its not working.. I will try your
rodier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
rodier

nice it is working :-D
Seems they forgot line with copying Addons directory to oA :-D

I will now try update to beta version and use this
-mod=Arma2;EXPANSION;CA -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ -nosplash

thanks again
Old 06-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #9
rodier

ok its working with:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ -nosplash

or just use "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" shortcut in Arrowhead directory in steam, then go to menu expansions and turn dayz there.

Last edited by rodier: 06-05-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:43 AM   #10
lostinmyhead

This fix worked for me, I did without copying my arma 2 folder into my OA folder which saved me 8.5GB disk space and however long it would have taken to copy. I achieved this using a symlink.

Basically, in an elevated DOS prompt I used the command:
Quote:
mklink "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Arma2" "E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2" /j
lostinmyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #11
lionsunleashed

Guys look ive been playing Arma games since operation flashpoint op that said to copy Addon folder is the better way. So for example I have hard copy of Arma 2 and digital copy of Arrowhead. C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns but most people will point to steamapps\common\Arma 2\Addons. So right click Addons folder in Arma 2 and copy, and then open Arrowhead here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead right click and paste Addons folder on empty space within arrowhead your done. Then when you start the game combined ops, go to expansions in game menu check the box for Dayz it will have you restart the game then select run as combined ops. no need for a script but you could use this still -nosplash in startup run command. Maybe i might just do a youtube video for people to follow will see thou. But either way using starup commands or just copying folder will work hope this helps some people.

Enjoy the game

Last edited by lionsunleashed: 06-07-2012 at 09:23 PM.
lionsunleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #12
Dwarden

Bohemia Interactive
just remember there are some issues with this route
and thus this is completely unofficial and unsupported...

Old 06-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #13
Devin00

Been working for me so far, up until today.

I keep getting the " Retrying to authenticate " , and cant seem to hold a decent and stable connection to most servers.

Stupidly i downloaded the Beta patch presuming it would resolve the issue, as i heard it would. However it just muffed me all up, and gave me " deleted.chernarus error and "Addon 'dayz_code' requires addon 'CABuildingParts'" Line.

I am now just reinstalling Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and the Arma 2 Demo. I will see if it will work properly after this reinstall.
Devin00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #14
Meety*`

Thanks. This worked
Meety*` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #15
Ahzie

This has worked where all others have failed, using the retail version with CDKEY and ISO.

Important steps are copying Arma 2 Free to Arma2 folder and using mod=Arma2;EXPANSION;CA in the target line.

also had updated to 1.59 to 1.6 in the process, dunno if that helped.

and update battleye

EDIT: Was having some errors in-game but looks like my DayZ_code was out of date.

This was the hardest game ever to install... uhg

Last edited by Ahzie: 06-19-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Ahzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead