Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 02:48 AM   #1
imfromturkey
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 17
Posts: 203
Prepaid Cards VS steam wallet cards

^whats your opinion on the matter. Had any experience to date?
imfromturkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:21 AM   #2
Satoru
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Reputation: 4758
Posts: 10,711
In reference to what exactly?
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
wildfire678
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 788
Posts: 1,779
I've used paysafe a couple of times and it was simple enough, I don't have access to steam wallet vouchers over here but can't imagine it would be much different.

The plus with paysafe is you don't have to transfer the entire balance to your wallet.

Other than that, as Satoru posted, what do you want to know?
wildfire678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
Satoru
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Reputation: 4758
Posts: 10,711
Basically the Steam Cards aren't much different than a PaySafeCard. You actaully get a code printed on a Gamestop receipt. You enter this code into Steam and you get the money added to your Steam wallet. The pics of the gift card you see on the Internet are just a Point of Purchase prop and they just use it to scan the bar code. You don't actaully get a real card.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
Tito Shivan
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 3390
Posts: 9,032
As Satoru said, Prepaid cards are just like a credit card. Wallet vouchers are more like a 'CD-Key' you redeem on your Steam account for the Voucher money.
Tito Shivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #6
imfromturkey
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 17
Posts: 203
Sadly, I have No SWC in my area so...
But My prob with Mastercard is In the AUS steam prices are in USD. SO if I want to buy something with aprepaid card I pay 2.5% Intrest + the card costs 2.95 and the Exchange rate. So if i wanted to Buy GTAIV (comp) for 29.99 It would cost me 35 Dollars (Not a lot but as I go up the price) My surcharge gets to about 8~9 Dollars
imfromturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:29 AM   #7
Satoru
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Reputation: 4758
Posts: 10,711
You're probably better off having your parents put in Steam Wallet money directly to your account via a cc as that would be the cheapest way to go. Or you could do it via Paypal or paysafecard as well.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #8
wildfire678
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 788
Posts: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by imfromturkey View Post
Sadly, I have No SWC in my area so...
But My prob with Mastercard is In the AUS steam prices are in USD. SO if I want to buy something with aprepaid card I pay 2.5% Intrest + the card costs 2.95 and the Exchange rate. So if i wanted to Buy GTAIV (comp) for 29.99 It would cost me 35 Dollars (Not a lot but as I go up the price) My surcharge gets to about 8~9 Dollars
Paysafecard (here in the UK anyway) isn't a card, it's a voucher with no additional charges for the first year, the year being the lifetime of the voucher and any balance remaining after that is subjected to a £2/month admin fee.

eg If I buy a £50 voucher but only spend £25 then after 12 month the £25 balance will depreciate by £2/month for that voucher other vouchers have the same restriction but are not affected by the first voucher (they are not connected).

I'm not sure if paysafe works the same in Aus, or even if they are available there, but certainly here in the UK they are better value for money than prepaid cards.
wildfire678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:40 AM   #9
Lucas4140
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 15
Posts: 461
I still prefer Paysafecards; you can pay very fast and easly with it. And you don't need to pay only on steam, you can buy serial too on a lot of retail sites on the net with paysafecard.
Lucas4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:46 AM   #10
wildfire678
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Reputation: 788
Posts: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4140 View Post
I still prefer Paysafecards; you can pay very fast and easly with it. And you don't need to pay only on steam, you can buy serial too on a lot of retail sites on the net with paysafecard.
Thjis ^^^ +rep

More flexible than steam wallet vouchers and as long as you spend within 12 months no negatives.
wildfire678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #11
imfromturkey
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 17
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire678 View Post
Paysafecard (here in the UK anyway) isn't a card, it's a voucher with no additional charges for the first year, the year being the lifetime of the voucher and any balance remaining after that is subjected to a £2/month admin fee.

eg If I buy a £50 voucher but only spend £25 then after 12 month the £25 balance will depreciate by £2/month for that voucher other vouchers have the same restriction but are not affected by the first voucher (they are not connected).

I'm not sure if paysafe works the same in Aus, or even if they are available there, but certainly here in the UK they are better value for money than prepaid cards.
No, Unfortunatley they do not distribute them in Australia. Sometimes I feel like Australia is the little boy who dropped his ice-cream
imfromturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #12
durrchet
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 209
Posts: 908
Neither one is available in my region, so they are both bad

Nah just kidding, would love to have any of these options.
durrchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #13
imfromturkey
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 17
Posts: 203
I agree ridicilous...they need them in AUssie
imfromturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.