Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #16
ContractZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonJ View Post
Make sure you and everyone you are playing with are in the new Steam Client beta.
beta participation: (none currently available)
ContractZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #17
NQ-carls13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonJ View Post
Make sure you and everyone you are playing with are in the new Steam Client beta.
It would be nice if you would give a bit more instruction. Are you being paid to do this job? Help the people man!!!!! Many players are using other servers now which hurts our group as well!!! Elaborate on your answers pls.
NQ-carls13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #18
Modiga-Disabled

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by NQ-carls13 View Post
It would be nice if you would give a bit more instruction. Are you being paid to do this job? Help the people man!!!!! Many players are using other servers now which hurts our group as well!!! Elaborate on your answers pls.
I believe it is now out of beta, so just make sure your Steam client is up to date and it should hopefully work now. You might need to restart Steam first to apply it.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #19
ApricotX

It's been working for me since the update.
ApricotX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #20
ContractZero

Please help.
Always kicking out of staging room(after few seconds).
It's impossible to play.
ContractZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #21
Memphix

Another here with disconnects.

If I join the host's game, they get disconnected from their own lobby soon after - also not all AI players that were in the game are showing for me, but are for the host.
If I try to host from my saves, the game correctly shows all players in the lobby and will re-load fine, but after one turn my friend gets disconnected again.

Course, the saves could be buggered, but why would they be? Especially for both players. Not happy to start another long game only to find out it b0rks another save, many hours in and we're unable to continue again.

Any answers please powers that be?

Last edited by Memphix: 05-21-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Memphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #22
Loki79

Some new problem with internet multiplayer game...
Before patch (19/05) - players just get disconnected from the game at 60-80 turn from the beginning, and saves did not work also.
After patch (19/05) game (russian localization) crushed at 60-80 turn from the begining, while english localization still playable...
Playing with english localization as server, and russian as clients.
When trying to create server on russian localization, get timeout error...
PLEASE FIX!!!
Loki79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #23
Grimmbald

Still having problems with the game not advancing past ~50 turns or so here, either. Seems to be the same problem everyone else is having, but wasn't resolved with the recent steam client update for me...
Grimmbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #24
ThePathMaker

Multiplayer Issues. *Merged*

When is Steam and 2K going to fix multiplayer? Anyone got any info on it?
ThePathMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #25
Grimmbald

Still can't play it here either. Games will stop progressing around turn 40~50.
Grimmbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #26
ThePathMaker

My mates and I try to host a game, we get into each others game. Then th eping goes up 5s,10s,15s, then we disconnect.
ThePathMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:30 AM   #27
Tomdaniels212

Civ V multiplayer issues.

Ok, I have been patiently waiting for something to happen that will fix these annoying issues with the multi-player with no avail.

Myself and 2 friends were enjoying a long game of Civ where we managed to get to almost 400 turns. However with a steam update this all stopped, whenever someone hosted the game save all other players would only see the picture of atlas (main menu background) with no interface and be stuck upon starting the game. We spent hours trying to find a solution but couldn't find any other options.

Eventually we decided to just try and host a new game, BUT THAT was broken too. Whenever people connected their ping would steadily increase to crazy levels such as 100s, this would eventually lead to the host losing connection. This happened to every host who tried, all 4 of us.

We gave up, I know right having to give up when some of your friends have just bought the game at full price to play it online with you...

This was a week or two ago now, due to the free weekend and sale more of my friends tried out the game and as steam had put out changelogs saying Civ 5 MP problems were fixed we thought we would try it out again.

However we still could not host a new game, it was weird like this:

I could host and 3 of my friends could join, 1 of them had a ping steadily increasing to around 200s and carried on rising. He could not see our chat nor could we see him green when he hit ready on his screen meaning we couldn't start. My other friend could not join this game, "error joining multi-player session".

When my other friend hosted I could join but no-one else, they all got the joining error. Another friend of mine hosted and none of us could join.

I am really getting fed up with this, people buy the game to play MP and they provide a broken product. On top of that lots of people will probably be fooled into buying the game this weekend sale to find this too. Sort your act out 2K/Steam and fix this!! You are losing loyal fans, I loved these games and been a follower of the franchise but I am just angry now. There always seems to be a history of broken games going on sale on steam...

If anyone has any solutions to my problems please let me know , also would it solve these problems if we used hamatchi? If so how can I get hamatchi working on Civ 5, couldn't get it to work when we tried?

Last edited by Tomdaniels212: 05-26-2012 at 04:34 AM.
Tomdaniels212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #28
Metalmurphy

I'm having the same problem. It worked fine yesterday but today...

"error joining multi-player session"
Metalmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #29
ShinChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmurphy View Post
I'm having the same problem. It worked fine yesterday but today...

"error joining multi-player session"
Having the same issue too. Bought Civ 5 a good month or two ago, it worked fine up until this weekend. I did buy the DLC, but so did my girlfriend, and she can log in and join games fine.

Can't figure out what the deal is. :/
ShinChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #30
Computer_God91

I'm getting an issue where my friends will join and the ping will rise up from 5, 10, then 15 and then they'll drop or if I start the game I'll drop for them but I'll be in the game I started without them. Anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it?
Computer_God91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Civilization series