Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Metro 2033

Old 05-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
Kirkreng

Trolley Combat crash

Let me get straight to point. I have played the game for 5 hours now and it was working absolutely fine. I just started the Trolley Combat level and was duking it out with the other dudes in the cars when I died. I clicked the load last checkpoint option and while loading the game suddenly crashed. Now every time I try to load that mission the game crash. I can't continue. What do I do?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Quinchilla

Unhappy same

I have a similar problem a you have but its at the end of the level when the cart falls on me. For some reason im teleported out of the game and im flying in the sky.
Quinchilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:07 AM   #3
Kirkreng

bumpy
Kirkreng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
slazer2k5

Perhaps your savegame is broken, try to reload the mission from the chapter select menu.
slazer2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
Kirkreng

I have tried that. Same thing happens.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #6
Smoglet

I will be to the point too, I bought it just after release and never had any problems with glitches and bugs apart from the one time I got stuck in the tower with a flying B**** attacking me.

That said this last play through I too am suffered the same glitch as you guys. I have known of it for quite some time as has pretty much anyone that bought it and suffered from it, the dev's have been told too many times by 'us' and nothing has ever been done to address it.

Its a game breaker and everyone knows......

There is talk of a simple fix whereby you stand all the way through and don't crouch and then there is the one where you stand turn to face the empty seat and then there is the stand on one leg, hop, push forward, jump and throw human excrement at the screen and chant "unga bunga unga gunga billi willi bongo"........none of the above has ever worked

To be honest the only way I found to fix it was to load up a save game file I had on a flash drive, if you guys ever get past it I suggest saving the save game files on a flash or spare HD so you can always continue. (No I won't upload it to anywhere either, sorry folks)

Last edited by Smoglet: 06-08-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Smoglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
Smoglet

Decided to mess around with my settings as the whole swapping files around was a pain in the backside.

Either way I changed view to 800x600, knocked off DX11 in favour of DX9, turned graphics down as low as they would go............and it worked. **I have since cranked it all back up**

The good news is that once you actually have it run properly you save and load up the next section (once you defuse the trip wires and loot the train, climb down the pipe and loot the guy at the dead end)

Not sure this will work for anyone but I can confirm it worked for me.
Smoglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
Kirkreng

I will try that out, thanks.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
Infernisle

That same happened to me in frontline. I just restarted the chapter and from here on out no problems til polis.
Infernisle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Metro 2033