Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series

Old 05-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
Wizzler

DayZ problems

Hi

I bought ArmA CO yesterday for DayZ. So far, so good.

I tried to "play" the game since 4,5 hours, but the amount of errors i get is just insane.

During my 4,5 hours gameplay i was really able to join 3 servers for about 1, maybe 2 minutes.

At one server i wasnt able to move after spawning.
At the second server my screen was "jumping" up and down.
At the third server my screen was only black and white.

Is this "jumping and black/white" screen a "feature" atm?
Any ideas how to resolve this problem (ArmA 2 works fine) or is anybody enjoying the same cool stuff like me?

Btw is there a way to see if the servertime is day or night? I joined eu-servers during daytime, but it was night.
Not only dark, it was just a ing blackscreen - if i turn my monitor of i probaly would see more...

The rest of my playtime (maybe 4 hours) i enjoyed msgs like: Receiving server data, geting char-id, waiting for server-response.

Are these things the coreparts of gameplay atm or am i just lucky?
Yes, i know its alpha, but i purchased this crap for 25 euro and all i have is a shacking screen, a ing night which is darker than dark and a load of differend "errors".
Old 05-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
kttccat

This is a non-sarcastic response, so don't take it rudely.

Step 1) Update BattleEye. Google.

Step 2) Validate your files on Steam.

Step 3) Have patience joining servers.

Sidenote: Those glitches like flashing, jumping, etc, sound like a problem with your computer because i've never heard it.
kttccat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
Scorpio27

If the potential fixes provided by kttccat don't fix your issues it would be best for you to post in Day Z forums and see if one of the mods creators helps you or someone else manages to find fix here or there
Scorpio27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
Wizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttccat View Post
This is a non-sarcastic response, so don't take it rudely.

Step 1) Update BattleEye. Google.

Step 2) Validate your files on Steam.

Step 3) Have patience joining servers.

Sidenote: Those glitches like flashing, jumping, etc, sound like a problem with your computer because i've never heard it.
1. Done

2. Done

3. Done

but still the same. -_-

Dont think its a problem with my PC, cause i can play ArmA fine, but thanks for the help.

@ Scorpio

Also done, but didnt get an answer there. Thanks also.
Wizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
Rogersdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzler View Post
Hi

I bought ArmA CO yesterday for DayZ. So far, so good.

I tried to "play" the game since 4,5 hours, but the amount of errors i get is just insane.

During my 4,5 hours gameplay i was really able to join 3 servers for about 1, maybe 2 minutes.

At one server i wasnt able to move after spawning.
At the second server my screen was "jumping" up and down.
At the third server my screen was only black and white.

Is this "jumping and black/white" screen a "feature" atm?
Any ideas how to resolve this problem (ArmA 2 works fine) or is anybody enjoying the same cool stuff like me?

Btw is there a way to see if the servertime is day or night? I joined eu-servers during daytime, but it was night.
Not only dark, it was just a ing blackscreen - if i turn my monitor of i probaly would see more...

The rest of my playtime (maybe 4 hours) i enjoyed msgs like: Receiving server data, geting char-id, waiting for server-response.

Are these things the coreparts of gameplay atm or am i just lucky?
Yes, i know its alpha, but i purchased this crap for 25 euro and all i have is a shacking screen, a ing night which is darker than dark and a load of differend "errors".
It does sound a bit like you are in pain from a zombie attack (screen shakes) and then have suffered severe blood loss (the washed out white look). This could indicate you were attacked during your first connection.

As for it being day of night, well on the whole you will find the server location matches the night/day cycle of it's real life cycle. Some however seem to be off or have been changed by the admin. I always ask as i'm waiting to spawn if i'm not sure.

Also you didn't pay a thing for this mod, as it's free. The fact that you payed for the base games that the mod is built on is irrelevant i'm afraid.

Anyway i hope you get these problems fixed as the mod is fantastic.
Rogersdead is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series