Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #91
Magesto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selbi View Post
SENTRY GUNS ARE OP BECAUSE THEY ARE AIMBOT MODE FOR ENGINEERS, NERF NOW

ROCKET LAUNCHERS ARE OP BECAUSE THEY CAN BE SPAMMED EVERYWHERE WITH A MILE EXPLOSION RADIUS, NERF NOW

SCATTERGUN IS OP BECAUSE IT DOES 100+ DAMAGE AT CLOSE RANGE AND KILL ALMOST EVERY CLASS IN ONLY 2 HITS, NERF NOW

FLAMETHROWER IS OP BECAUSE IT CAN KILL YOU WHEN THE PYRO IS ALREADY DEAD, NERF NOW

WINGER IS OP BECAUSE IT DOES UP TO 20 MORE DAMAGE THAN THE PISTOL IN THOSE 5 SHOTS, NERF NOW

This is how silly your argument sounds.

Sticky bombs are only so useful as the Demoman's opponents are smart. At close range the only real protection a Demo can have is his melee. Nades and Stickies are almost always sure in a suicidal kill at close range.
Amazing post, i would rep if i could .
As this person said he would be suiciding at close range and also you have to be a skilled demoman and the opponent shouldnt be a idiot and run around where everyone can snipe or kill him easily. You(OP) probably stay in the open like a idiot.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #92
nanosheep

If it were a problem, every game would be infested with sticky spamming demomen.

That isn't the case because it isn't as easy as it sounds.

Charging in a straight line towards the demoman when he's already noticed you is not the way to go. Ambush him, and attack him whilst he's distracted with something else.

Distracted by POPCORN
Old 05-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #93
2dor

SPUF Threads this day...
Old 05-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #94
B0nesaww

They should either reduce the amount of stickies from 8 to 6, or increase reload times or something, its quite silly how much damage some stickies can deal out by spamming left and right mousebutton.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:46 AM   #95
Maffis91

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nesaww View Post
They should either reduce the amount of stickies from 8 to 6, or increase reload times or something, its quite silly how much damage some stickies can deal out by spamming left and right mousebutton.
It's much sillier how much damage Heavies and Soldiers can deal out by just spamming the left mouse button.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:13 AM   #96
echoes37

Heavy, granted, but the Soldier can only deal about 120 DPS spamming outside his range, 240 per clip. The Demo comes in at around 180-200 DPS, 700-800 per clip, and is significantly easier to use because of the whole air-burst thing.
...And the Demo can do the same thing with the GL, just less frequently. It comes with the whole "falloff doesn't apply to me" thing the Demo has going on.

The Soldier deals 200 DPS within his effective range (the exact distance away from his rockets that prevents damage, about the beginning of mid-range). He's pretty balanced considering he doesn't have any defined role (Of course, I wouldn't be that opposed to a lesser splash multiplier, he could do without 2-shotting airborne 125-classes) Speaking of which, Scout deals around that 200 inside his effective range (which is pretty much licking your face), and has better mobility/cap rate in exchange for health. His job is capping, and the Demo's job is meant to be clearing Engie nests, not team destruction. He shouldn't be incapable in the face of enemies, but he really shouldn't be able to field-wipe with the weapon with one of the lowest combat-oriented skill ceilings in the game. That's where the problem lies.

Also the clip size/model chamber count discrepancy with the GL really bothers me.

tl;dr I don't like the Demoman.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #97
VodkaGR

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanosheep View Post
If it were a problem, every game would be infested with sticky spamming demomen.

That isn't the case because it isn't as easy as it sounds.

Charging in a straight line towards the demoman when he's already noticed you is not the way to go. Ambush him, and attack him whilst he's distracted with something else.

The thing is that demo does too much damage for the skill required to play him

An extremely skilled sniper must be pixel accurate and try to focus,a scout must avoid everything they throw at him to go close
,a pyro is hopeless at longer range unless you use flare correctly,spies i am not even going to talk about them,and heavies are headshotted the moment they start spinning the minigun.Medics are already dead in 1v1 except melee or against a very dumb target

So for what reason should a not skilled demoman do so much damage to the enemy team when other classes need to be mastered?

And if you actually think detonating stickies mid air is hard then wait until you play a balanced class
Old 05-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #98
The Medic

My Medigun is more powerful than your puny sticky bombs...
Old 05-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #99
Danikah

So, erm, why don't we have a popcorn reskin for the stickybombs already?
Old 05-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #100
<Witty name>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danikah View Post
So, erm, why don't we have a popcorn reskin for the stickybombs already?
My god, I was about to type that.

I can try.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #101
Mouldaiselne

Banned
Everyone already knows sticky bombs are overpowered toward bad players.

The issue isn't sticky bombs, its that in a general pub server its like 2v2 good players, with 10 mindless fools on each team.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #102
MudkipzJnr

Popcorn is kind of like the spyicle:
When it burns, you can't eat it for 15 seconds without burning your mouth.
When you do put it in your mouth, your frozen due to the great taste.
It's also a silent killer, filling you with sugar.

The difference is if someone threw popcorn at your back you wouldnt turn into ice.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #103
Mr. Slippyfist

I find that if you handle demomen properly there is no large issue. I do think that Airbursting should of simply been removed, but understand that VALVe Disagrees.

A windbombing demoman has to be handled well. It does take time before he can burst his stickies, use this.

Biggest tip : The easiest way to kill a demoman is to surprise him. He has no way of fighting a battle he didn't see coming.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #104
Novanious90675

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudkipzJnr View Post
The difference is if someone threw popcorn at your back you wouldnt turn into ice.
Wrong:

If girls are throwing popcorn at your back you must be one REALLY COOL DUDE

hehehehehehehe
Old 05-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #105
MudkipzJnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novanious90675 View Post
Wrong:

If girls are throwing popcorn at your back you must be one REALLY COOL DUDE

hehehehehehehe

Wow

I hate you
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2