Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #91
Magesto
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Reputation: 14
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selbi View Post
SENTRY GUNS ARE OP BECAUSE THEY ARE AIMBOT MODE FOR ENGINEERS, NERF NOW

ROCKET LAUNCHERS ARE OP BECAUSE THEY CAN BE SPAMMED EVERYWHERE WITH A MILE EXPLOSION RADIUS, NERF NOW

SCATTERGUN IS OP BECAUSE IT DOES 100+ DAMAGE AT CLOSE RANGE AND KILL ALMOST EVERY CLASS IN ONLY 2 HITS, NERF NOW

FLAMETHROWER IS OP BECAUSE IT CAN KILL YOU WHEN THE PYRO IS ALREADY DEAD, NERF NOW

WINGER IS OP BECAUSE IT DOES UP TO 20 MORE DAMAGE THAN THE PISTOL IN THOSE 5 SHOTS, NERF NOW


This is how silly your argument sounds.

Sticky bombs are only so useful as the Demoman's opponents are smart. At close range the only real protection a Demo can have is his melee. Nades and Stickies are almost always sure in a suicidal kill at close range.
Amazing post, i would rep if i could .
As this person said he would be suiciding at close range and also you have to be a skilled demoman and the opponent shouldnt be a idiot and run around where everyone can snipe or kill him easily. You(OP) probably stay in the open like a idiot.
Magesto is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #92
nanosheep
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Reputation: 3074
Posts: 12,419
If it were a problem, every game would be infested with sticky spamming demomen.

That isn't the case because it isn't as easy as it sounds.

Charging in a straight line towards the demoman when he's already noticed you is not the way to go. Ambush him, and attack him whilst he's distracted with something else.

Distracted by POPCORN
nanosheep is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #93
2dor
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Reputation: 50
Posts: 778
SPUF Threads this day...
2dor is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #94
B0nesaww
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Reputation: 25
Posts: 499
They should either reduce the amount of stickies from 8 to 6, or increase reload times or something, its quite silly how much damage some stickies can deal out by spamming left and right mousebutton.
B0nesaww is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 04:46 AM   #95
Maffis91
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 217
Posts: 2,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nesaww View Post
They should either reduce the amount of stickies from 8 to 6, or increase reload times or something, its quite silly how much damage some stickies can deal out by spamming left and right mousebutton.
It's much sillier how much damage Heavies and Soldiers can deal out by just spamming the left mouse button.
Maffis91 is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 05:13 AM   #96
echoes37
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 190
Posts: 784
Heavy, granted, but the Soldier can only deal about 120 DPS spamming outside his range, 240 per clip. The Demo comes in at around 180-200 DPS, 700-800 per clip, and is significantly easier to use because of the whole air-burst thing.
...And the Demo can do the same thing with the GL, just less frequently. It comes with the whole "falloff doesn't apply to me" thing the Demo has going on.

The Soldier deals 200 DPS within his effective range (the exact distance away from his rockets that prevents damage, about the beginning of mid-range). He's pretty balanced considering he doesn't have any defined role (Of course, I wouldn't be that opposed to a lesser splash multiplier, he could do without 2-shotting airborne 125-classes) Speaking of which, Scout deals around that 200 inside his effective range (which is pretty much licking your face), and has better mobility/cap rate in exchange for health. His job is capping, and the Demo's job is meant to be clearing Engie nests, not team destruction. He shouldn't be incapable in the face of enemies, but he really shouldn't be able to field-wipe with the weapon with one of the lowest combat-oriented skill ceilings in the game. That's where the problem lies.

Also the clip size/model chamber count discrepancy with the GL really bothers me.

tl;dr I don't like the Demoman.
echoes37 is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #97
VodkaGR
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 254
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanosheep View Post
If it were a problem, every game would be infested with sticky spamming demomen.

That isn't the case because it isn't as easy as it sounds.

Charging in a straight line towards the demoman when he's already noticed you is not the way to go. Ambush him, and attack him whilst he's distracted with something else.

The thing is that demo does too much damage for the skill required to play him

An extremely skilled sniper must be pixel accurate and try to focus,a scout must avoid everything they throw at him to go close
,a pyro is hopeless at longer range unless you use flare correctly,spies i am not even going to talk about them,and heavies are headshotted the moment they start spinning the minigun.Medics are already dead in 1v1 except melee or against a very dumb target

So for what reason should a not skilled demoman do so much damage to the enemy team when other classes need to be mastered?

And if you actually think detonating stickies mid air is hard then wait until you play a balanced class
VodkaGR is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #98
The Medic
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 3829
Posts: 13,591
My Medigun is more powerful than your puny sticky bombs...
The Medic is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #99
Danikah
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 322
Posts: 1,013
So, erm, why don't we have a popcorn reskin for the stickybombs already?
Danikah is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #100
<Witty name>
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 1854
Posts: 8,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danikah View Post
So, erm, why don't we have a popcorn reskin for the stickybombs already?
My god, I was about to type that.

I can try.
<Witty name> is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #101
Mouldaiselne
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 763
Posts: 3,397
Everyone already knows sticky bombs are overpowered toward bad players.

The issue isn't sticky bombs, its that in a general pub server its like 2v2 good players, with 10 mindless fools on each team.
Mouldaiselne is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #102
MudkipzJnr
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 36
Posts: 456
Popcorn is kind of like the spyicle:
When it burns, you can't eat it for 15 seconds without burning your mouth.
When you do put it in your mouth, your frozen due to the great taste.
It's also a silent killer, filling you with sugar.

The difference is if someone threw popcorn at your back you wouldnt turn into ice.
MudkipzJnr is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #103
Mr. Slippyfist
 
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 1114
Posts: 3,729
I find that if you handle demomen properly there is no large issue. I do think that Airbursting should of simply been removed, but understand that VALVe Disagrees.


A windbombing demoman has to be handled well. It does take time before he can burst his stickies, use this.

Biggest tip : The easiest way to kill a demoman is to surprise him. He has no way of fighting a battle he didn't see coming.
Mr. Slippyfist is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #104
Novanious90675
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 188
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudkipzJnr View Post
The difference is if someone threw popcorn at your back you wouldnt turn into ice.
Wrong:

If girls are throwing popcorn at your back you must be one REALLY COOL DUDE

hehehehehehehe
Novanious90675 is offline  
Old 05-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #105
MudkipzJnr
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 36
Posts: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novanious90675 View Post
Wrong:

If girls are throwing popcorn at your back you must be one REALLY COOL DUDE

hehehehehehehe
...

Wow

...

I hate you
MudkipzJnr is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.