Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
iodeath

Question Can I Install DayZ with Arma II Free and OA Free?

Is there anyway to get DayZ to work with Arma II Free and OA Free? Maybe I could crack OA somehow and get DayZ to work? I really, REALLY want to play DayZ!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
hund_

dono its really hit and miss even with retail.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
tagemandbagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hund_ View Post
dono its really hit and miss even with retail.
No, it isn't. If you have a retail copy, and you're capable of following simple instructions, it works.

OP, you need Combined Ops to play the mod. That's Arma2+Operation Arrowhead. You don't need BAF or PMC dlcs.

btw, there are lots of mods for Arma2 besides Dayz. Like Predator or GTA. Even Arma2 by itself is worth the price.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
hund_

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagemandbagem View Post
No, it isn't. If you have a retail copy, and you're capable of following simple instructions, it works.

OP, you need Combined Ops to play the mod. That's Arma2+Operation Arrowhead. You don't need BAF or PMC dlcs.

btw, there are lots of mods for Arma2 besides Dayz. Like Predator or GTA. Even Arma2 by itself is worth the price.
i have tried all the options from the sticky on this forum to the dayz forum and i stand by my statement.
hit or miss
Old 05-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
tagemandbagem

Quote:
i have tried all the options from the sticky on this forum to the dayz forum and i stand by my statement.
hit or miss
Because you can't figure out how to get it to work does not mean it is "hit and miss" for everyone else. The sheer numbers of people connecting speaks for itself. It works. If you can't get it to work, that's your fault.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
hund_

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagemandbagem View Post
Because you can't figure out how to get it to work does not mean it is "hit and miss" for everyone else. The sheer numbers of people connecting speaks for itself. It works. If you can't get it to work, that's your fault.
dood i started gaming with doom cmd line mods but whatever http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10 whole forum of fail.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
tagemandbagem

Quote:
dood i started gaming with doom cmd line mods but whatever http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10 whole forum of fail.
Of the fourteen threads on the front page of the TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION FOR AN ALPHA MOD, none are about the inability to install the mod.

There are even programs that install the mod for you, if creating two folders, putting Dayz files in them, and putting the folder in your Arma2 directory is really that complicated.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead