Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Max Payne series > Max Payne 3

Old 06-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #31
1nsomniac

I had this problem to I used the fix as above, as soon as the social club guff appears press the 'Home' key as fast as possible & it then works.
1nsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #32
rockstarsupport3

Rockstar Games
Hey Guys,

Can you try this and let us know if it helps you:

Re-run the Social Club installer that is located in this folder path (your path may be a little bit different).

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\max payne 3\MP3_Installers

You want to run this installer:

Social Club v1.0.9.5 Setup.exe
rockstarsupport3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #33
Rahura

Nope, still not getting any Social Club pop up to link the game. Still stuck at indefinite initialization screen.
Rahura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #34
DontForkWitMe

Just installed the retail version and had this happen to me. at first it got stuck at the logo screen with press enter at the bottom and it wouldn't do anything after pressing it so i restarted my pc and tried again and this time pressing entered worked but it got stuck at "initializing" after around 5minutes of waiting i pressed the home button for the social club menu and signed in through it and entered my cd key when prompted and it worked and the game started normally.
DontForkWitMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #35
Azimuth

My experiences so far:
  • Launched the game; pressed Shift-TAB to clear the Steam game key popup. After that, pressing Enter or Return did nothing, so couldn't start the game. Pressed Alt-F4 to quit.
  • Launched the game; pressed Enter immediately. It displayed "INITIALIZING" at the bottom of the screen and stayed like that. Quit the game with Alt-F4 again.
  • Launched game; pressed Home. Found that it had discovered a previous Rockstar Social Club profile, but had the incorrect password. Corrected that, linked Max Payne 3 with my Social Club profile, then "INITIALIZING" finally completed. The game starts, but it's running at the wrong resolution, and it seems I have to sit through the cutscene before I can change it.

Well, that's spoiled the game's first impressions for me (especially after a 30GB preload and waiting at least half an hour for the files to decrypt). At least it's running now, I guess.
Azimuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #36
golem_ii

Pressing Home does nothing at all for me. It's like the social club isn't there. I have the retail version and running the social club install on the disc doesn't work because it tells me a newer version is already installed (the auto patcher updated the social club).
golem_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #37
Rahura

Same problem. Pressing the home button does nothing despite my install of the social club. Been going on three to four hours now of trying to fix this initialization problem and nothing's happened. Maybe they should've just let us play the game and worry about the social club after. We shouldn't need to connect to something on the internet if we just want to get into the game itself. This isn't Diablo 3.
Rahura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #38
AnimalAl

Hey I tried a lot of things that didn't work, but I did finally have Steam do a "verify integrity of the game cache" and after it was finally through, it started just fine. Just sayin'
AnimalAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #39
ObSoLeet

I verified my game files twice and installed the social club setup twice... still get stuck at initializing and when i press home nothing happens.
ObSoLeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #40
MrNagasaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by golem_ii View Post
Pressing Home does nothing at all for me. It's like the social club isn't there. I have the retail version and running the social club install on the disc doesn't work because it tells me a newer version is already installed (the auto patcher updated the social club).
Hey buddy, I might have a solution for you: After I fixed my "the game doesn't start at all!"-problem, I had exactly the same issue.

What I did, was this: When you come to the "press enter to continue"-screen, alt-tab out of the game, go to your Rockstar Social Club-folder and run "renderer.exe". That made the Social Club-stuff appear in my game after pressing enter.

I hope this will help you. Aside from the technical difficulties, MP3 is an amazing game!
MrNagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #41
ObSoLeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObSoLeet View Post
I verified my game files twice and installed the social club setup twice... still get stuck at initializing and when i press home nothing happens.
Well, after redoing all that i decided to reset my computer and start it up again. Worked perfectly, I didn't even need to hit home for the club to pop up. Now i can finally play.
ObSoLeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:29 AM   #42
golem_ii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNagasaki View Post
Hey buddy, I might have a solution for you: After I fixed my "the game doesn't start at all!"-problem, I had exactly the same issue.

What I did, was this: When you come to the "press enter to continue"-screen, alt-tab out of the game, go to your Rockstar Social Club-folder and run "renderer.exe". That made the Social Club-stuff appear in my game after pressing enter.

I hope this will help you. Aside from the technical difficulties, MP3 is an amazing game!
No luck I just get 'Rockstar Social Club has stopped working' with this error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: renderer.exe
Application Version: 1.0.5.0
Application Timestamp: 4f8d0417
Fault Module Name: renderer.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.5.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f8d038d
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 001d2ea0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
golem_ii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:55 AM   #43
Stank665

I have tried literally eveything I can think of and its still stuck on the ing initializing.

PC Gaming. it to hell.
Stank665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:17 AM   #44
Royboy1

i had the same issue, updated ALL drivers, social club etc... First game crached at logo screen, got that working by running as admin and compability for xp sp3. Then i was stuck on initializing... After 2 hours of trying different things, this worked for me. I set steam.exe to run as admin and maxpayne exe to run as admin and windows 7 compability mode. Then social club popped up and i pressed home and logged in.
It seems as social club doesnt run in compability mode sp3 or vista sp2.with steam set as admin and running the game from steam it launches for me.

in short.

- Set steam to run as admin. Restart steam.
- Set max payne 3 to run as admin and windows 7 compability mode or only as admin, try both.
- start game from Steam, (else it crashes for me)
- Pray to jeesus christ

This worked for me.
Royboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:30 AM   #45
pnoozi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benard_Crumbs View Post
I for one get the long loading screen, only for me to be signed into social club offline, then the steam overlay states it's offline and it stays like this (even tho my internet out of game is fine, even on Steam)

So I can't activate my game because the game goes offline?

Any fixes?
Yea I'm getting this too
pnoozi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Max Payne series > Max Payne 3