Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
DarkBandicoot
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 61
Posts: 850
Question How do you spray animated sprays (gifs)?

I've asked this question here and there but I am still confused, because I'm not great when it comes to converting files and whatnot, so, can anyone lend a hand?

I'd like to spray some gif images during play, specifically, gifs from Dance Fortress. Most people will have seen this, but if you haven't, stop what you're doing and watch this awesome video!

Rep given to all helpful feedback.
DarkBandicoot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
Nekomedikia
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Mar 2012
Reputation: 30
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBandicoot View Post
I've asked this question here and there but I am still confused, because I'm not great when it comes to converting files and whatnot, so, can anyone lend a hand?

I'd like to spray some gif images during play, specifically, gifs from Dance Fortress. Most people will have seen this, but if you haven't, stop what you're doing and watch this awesome video!

Rep given to all helpful feedback.
http://gamebanana.com/tf2/sprays

Someone might know a easier way but here you can download Sprays that are animated here and then use them in TF2.
Nekomedikia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Snartleflush
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Reputation: 76
Posts: 516
well for a normal spray you just import a pic in game

For a gif I believe you need to save it as a .vtf or some such file and manually put it in the game files
Snartleflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
TDV SilentSnipe
 
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Reputation: 3734
Posts: 5,039
Try this site.
TDV SilentSnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
DarkBandicoot
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 61
Posts: 850
Yeah... all the following suggestions are great, but I'm sorry, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing. I have gifs saved on my computer, and from there, I don't know what to do next.
DarkBandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #6
DarkBandicoot
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 61
Posts: 850
Still want some help if possible.
DarkBandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #7
kuZhov
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Reputation: 5
Posts: 112
I've made mine spray with this.
kuZhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #8
echoes37
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 190
Posts: 778
http://code.google.com/p/spraygen/

Mostly because VTFedit is a pain to work with.
echoes37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #9
Novanious90675
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 188
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBandicoot View Post
Yeah... all the following suggestions are great, but I'm sorry, I haven't got a clue what I'm doing. I have gifs saved on my computer, and from there, I don't know what to do next.
As soon as you get your Spray in a .vtf format, just drag it into C:, then program files (x86), then (this is optional) in order: steam - steamappps - *steam username* - team fortress 2 - tf - materials - vgui - logos, then get on TF2, go to options, then Multiplayer, then next to/under "sprays", click browse, then go to where your spray is, and double-click on it. It should work just fine.
Novanious90675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
Mr. Muffin
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 230
Posts: 508
Um, I'm pretty sure I just saved a gif to my desktop, then saved it as my spray from there...
Mr. Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #11
hawkofrawk
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 97
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Muffin View Post
Um, I'm pretty sure I just saved a gif to my desktop, then saved it as my spray from there...
for a .vtf spray (only way a spray can be animated) it has to be in that file.
hawkofrawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.