Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor

Old 06-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
Lodan

GOTY isnt agiasnt Valve rules?

Sorry my ignorance, but some games from EA were removed in past about sold extra content outside of steam store, so if tripwire sold the girl dlc out of steam store isnt committing the same rules mistakes right?

About girl dlc, in my personal opinion its pretty sexism behave from tripwire, there is so many girls playing this game, and male gamers wont be much interested in that dlc, but the girl ones might felt a bit pushed away since they have to pay a goty edition to have this "comfortable" character. This game should have at least 1 free female character, the girl gamers diverse more respect and attention in gaming community's.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
HiameCrest

..... What?
HiameCrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
Boe-Os

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodan View Post
Sorry my ignorance, but some games from EA were removed in past about sold extra content outside of steam store, so if tripwire sold the girl dlc out of steam store isnt committing the same rules mistakes right?

About girl dlc, in my personal opinion its pretty sexism behave from tripwire, there is so many girls playing this game, and male gamers wont be much interested in that dlc, but the girl ones might felt a bit pushed away since they have to pay a goty edition to have this "comfortable" character. This game should have at least 1 free female character, the girl gamers diverse more respect and attention in gaming community's.
You seem alittle outdated my friend. The female DLC is being sold in Steam at a later date, after the retail exclusivity expires. Nor does their actions break Steam policy.
Boe-Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
pwet

dafuq did i just read
pwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
Teh_Saccade

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwet View Post
dafuq did i just read
lol! :P

Well, I'm a bloke and I'll get the female character and play her for a few games - if only to give a few pennies to Tripwire for constantly updating the game and being one of the best PC devs out there atm.
Teh_Saccade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
License

Basically, he is saying that if killing floor is releasing content outside of steam store isn't that against steams terms just like what happened with BF3 and origin and the like in the past? I'm not sure if KF is releasing content outside of steam store but if so thats his question.

The second part is stating that Tripwire should include at least 1 female skin in the standard game considering males get their own share of male skins to choose from (regardless of how bland they are) so female customers shouldn't feel left out that they don't get a pair of boobs to play as without paying extra money.
License is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
the1stwasted

I'm in touch with my feminine side, therfore I want girl skins, and a pair of boobs...big ones.
the1stwasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
chairsgotoschoo

the EA thing was a horrible excuse to get their games off steam so they would only be on origin
chairsgotoschoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
License

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairsgotoschoo View Post
the EA thing was a horrible excuse to get their games off steam so they would only be on origin
Valve wanted their money, I can understand why EA did it.

Steam/Origin same thing, both are kind of dumb in the long run. If I wasn't forced to use steam to play any of my games, I would never have it installed.
License is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
bonz

The OP apparently is talking about this:
http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/w...ing_render.jpg

A playable, female character exclusive to the boxed KF Gold edition available as of now.
http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/2...ale-character/

Exclusivity is only until August 1st though, at which point it will be released as a special DLC.
http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/2...-availability/
bonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #11
Brutis_Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonz View Post
Exclusivity is only until August 1st though, at which point it will be released as a special DLC.
http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/2...-availability/
So your saying that Ash will be buyable on steam after August 1st right? Im kinda iffy aboiut buying the game over seas, even though I absoutly love this game.

Also, heres a video that plays a lot of her voice lines At times, she kinda turns me on... Dont hate me for liking english women
Brutis_Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
per0xyd

is it me or a few of the lines seem from a different women ?
per0xyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #13
Elensar

Ash will be available for all steam users from august for 4.99USD.

At the moment she's a timed exclusive for the gold edition. Shes also listed as the "First" female character in a way that implys other females will show up as time goes on.

None of this breaks any of valves rules, EAs products were removed from steam because they wanted to push their own digital platform "Origin", although with Crysis 2 showing up again on steam we can assume they still wat to use steam after a delay to milk as many buyers as possible.

Anyway, look out for Ash in August if you don't wanna purchase the gold edition.
Elensar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:20 AM   #14
multivitamins

OP is underestimating how often guys play as girls in online games
multivitamins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #15
Boe-Os

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutis_Buckeye View Post
So your saying that Ash will be buyable on steam after August 1st right? Im kinda iffy aboiut buying the game over seas, even though I absoutly love this game.
Yes thats what he's saying, It will be on the Steam store at a later date. Officially stated by Tripwire devs after the debacle of mass complaining about no female dlc to long time KF fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by License View Post
Valve wanted their money, I can understand why EA did it.

Steam/Origin same thing, both are kind of dumb in the long run. If I wasn't forced to use steam to play any of my games, I would never have it installed.
You do realise that was just a BS move by EA, to try and make them seems like the good guys to get out of Steam. Think about it, look at all the GFWL games that are sold through Steam, that also sell content outside of Steam, just they also allow Steam to sell the same content through Steam aswel. EA just being greedy D-bags as usual.
Boe-Os is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Killing Floor