Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > ORION: Dino Horde

Old 06-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
trisdino

Devs please read

I keep catching myself in ALMOST starting the game. But every time, i keep thinking of one thing. What am i gona do? shoot some raptors? get grabbed by a rham? get eaten by a rex?. All of that is fun at first. But after a whille... well there is just nothing to do. The hudge maps are a weak marketing point, as there is really no reason for them, other then to make the game drag on by shifting position every 5 waves. You have released 2 patches, but both of these were just bugfixes. And now that the buggy mess is being cleaned up, we se what was really lying under all the bugs... not much. Its a shallow survival game. You NEED to do alot of things for this game to be good. Dont set out to make 2 games as a first time developer. You are making both this game, and prelude. DONT!. This has been tried before, and every time the companys went bankrupt. Focus everything on this game. Make it GOOD. For 10 euro's this is not worth it. Just a shallow survival game. You NEED to add more. Here is what you need to do to reach the mainstream audiance

1. Rebalance the weapons. Some weapons are incredibly OP, whille others are totally USELESS

2. Add more dinos. You are already planning for this, but you need to do it fast. People are loosing patiance for this game. The AI is already built to some extent, so just add one or to new enemies that are variations of old ones, say a dilophosaurs, that acts like the raptors but is slightly tougher and spits, or a Spinosaurus, that is faster then the rex, but with lower health

3. Add more maps. This is really a biggy. The maps are... mundane. You need more. You got, a mountain, a desert, and a plain. Not all that interseting. Add a jungle, or a set of islands, or maby a large swamp

4. Add rewards for venturing. Right now, the game is SOOO basic. There is NO stratagy. This is how you win: step 1. Stay in base and farm points until all dinos are dead, Step 2: repair generator and buy weapons, Step 3. Buy Vtol for the money you gained, and you are gona own everything. You need more mechanics. The dinos are sooo strong, and you can die so fast. Make it... well more rewarding to actually venture out. Add things such as hidden vechicels, easter eggs, secret cash depots, and so on

5. Add more mechanics. Right now the dinos basicly auto target you. If you are within range, they spot you. Please add things such as stealth. I cannot really come with more examples, but this is a really big thing. In you video where you show the maps, you say that in depths you can use the foliage to your atvange... no... no you cannot. You should AVOID the foliage, in it, well it does nothing. You cannot see the dinos... but they auto target you. Add stealth, please

6. More gamemodes. This is a BIG ONE. Almost all shooters out there have hoard mode as a small mode, a BONUS feature. Something to do when you are board. You do not want that to be your main feature. Please add more game modes... soon. It has been revealed that there was gona be a dinosaur vs human mode in prelude... scratch that. No prelude please. Add dino vs humans in THIS game. Add humans vs humans, with dinos as randomly wandering animals, maby capture the flag. Just dont have hoard as the main mode. Team deathmatch, normal deamatch, CTF, dino vs humans, controll points. These maps would work GREAT with that. Please do add more

7. Improve the graphics. Normally textures dont bother me. And they actually dont in this game. But the foliage is SOOO dull. You need to add MORE. make the world more... green. And grass does NOT count. Make the foliage more dense, and realistic.
8. Just... scrap prelude. Please for the sake of sweet baby jesus, scrap prelude. You cannot do both!. This game is failing, and you wont have enough money to make both. Put ALL focus into this game. Make this a GREAT game. Now dont say that for only 10 euro's its to cheap. Magicka is only 10. And that game has TONS of content. Oh and that was a first time developer. They are now puplished by paradow, and have a hell of alot of money. Its a indie game... cheap is GOOD. Personally i would not mind if you released another more expensive game in this universe, with more content. But it has to be OTHER content. A totally other type of game, not what this game SHOULD be. Smack orion prelude and this game together and make a good product. After that, if you profit from it. You are free to make whatever you please. But we paied to much to get this little. And we want updates soon. 1 after one, the critics are tearing this game apart. Hell, this game got worse ratings then DINO D-DAY! and at release that was a pretty bad game(although now its a great game). Personally, without all the bugs i do not think its a bad game... I just think its a overpriced and way to mundane, basic hoard survival game... we need more... you need more... make more...
Old 06-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
SHEKEM

U mad? Stop posting the suggestions, that already was discussed!
SHEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
somethinghumble

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by trisdino View Post
I just think its a overpriced and way to mundane, basic hoard survival game... we need more... you need more... make more...
Mmmm, YES MOAR PLZ! OM NOM NOM.

I think they are already doing most of what you want. Read MOAR

I dunno about overpriced tho, think that for my ~$7.50, I made a pretty good investment considering all the confirmed updates.
somethinghumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
raupi

My two cents:

1. Rebalance Weapons: Indeed. Also there are some further weapon ideas scattered in the forums, more weapons would be cool.

2. Add more dinos: More dinos are coming. The first batch with Title Update 002 in roughly two months. (More on timing later on)

3. Add more Maps: I'd like it more if the huge maps we already have would be used more outside of the bases. More objectives instead of the same bases in other places. But you'll get your maps with Title Update 001.

4. Playing ooutside of base: I'm with you. The world should offer more than some scattered dinos and hidden vehicles between bases. Again, use the maps for objectives.

5. More game mechanics: Um, stealth is a thing for the Recon class. The only other ways to get rid of dinos is either kill them or someone else attracts them with his gun. But i think AI improvement is on the list of things to come.

6. More gamemodes: A new gamemode will be added with Title Update 001. There are different groups who'd like different modes for the game, i guess we can't get all. And i'm certainly not looking forward to any player vs. player fights, flag capturing and deathmatch.
Personally i'd like this to go more for cooperation, but hunting, survival, base building and other things were also suggested and discussed. We can't get all of this, i'd think, especially as the interest in this game went rapidly down after and even in the first week.

7. Better graphics: Some better textures and animations would be nice, but the game does some gorgeous things with lighting now and does not look too bad overall.

8. Scrap Prelupde: Prelude is the second part of a three step plan, if i remember correctly. Prelude and Dino Beatdown seem kind of the same at first, but they are going in two different directions for the core gameplay, as PvP and playable dinos are supposed to be in Prelude.
The initial sales of Dino Beatdown will keep everyone paid for at least a year, as David Prassel wrote. I can't say how the plan looks in the long run, but neither can you predict the financial future for Spiral.

We paid this little (6,75€ for me) to get this seed and a lot of content updates. Sadly those updates take a lot of time, but they said from the start that their plans were for the next 6 months, so we kind of knew what we were getting into.
raupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
Uckfay Ooyay

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by raupi View Post

8. Scrap Prelupde: Prelude is the second part of a three step plan, if i remember correctly. Prelude and Dino Beatdown seem kind of the same at first, but they are going in two different directions for the core gameplay, as PvP and playable dinos are supposed to be in Prelude.
The initial sales of Dino Beatdown will keep everyone paid for at least a year, as David Prassel wrote. I can't say how the plan looks in the long run, but neither can you predict the financial future for Spiral.

We paid this little (6,75€ for me) to get this seed and a lot of content updates. Sadly those updates take a lot of time, but they said from the start that their plans were for the next 6 months, so we kind of knew what we were getting into.
who? kinda? wha... what?!?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/104900/
show me where it says that on the store page.

what do they call a company-man who does not work for the company?
Uckfay Ooyay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #6
raupi

Who? David Prassel of course:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPrassel View Post
Over the course of the next 3-6 months the game will be entirely different utilizing all of our changes, tweaks and your guys' feedback...
For the store page: I've written earlier that the store front description is misleading and not reflecting the actual game. But i did not say that i got my information from the store front page. I don't know if you were in the forums in the first days of the release, but you could have found the information i quoted, though you had to look around for it, between all the other posts.

Quote:
Please tell me, I'm always looking forward to new vocabulary. I hope the bad word filter does not convert it into hearts.

While you are trying to leave not one good word in the forums i'm coming from the opposite site. I could argue just as well that you are a competing-company-man that does not work for the competitor

Last edited by raupi: 06-03-2012 at 02:16 AM.
raupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:12 AM   #7
somethinghumble

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooyay View Post
unemployed volunteer.

what do they call a forum goer that bypasses the swear filter? :x

fresh blood.

What do they call a forum goer that steers the thread off topic?

Philosoraptor.
somethinghumble is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > ORION: Dino Horde