Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 06-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
estutzer

Steam Won't Open

I have a mac, but I run steam on windows in bootcamp. I haven't had any problems until randomly steam will no longer open. It works fine on the mac side, and has worked fine on the PC side until today. I have no idea why, and I don't think I've done anything differently, so I don't know what's wrong.

I double click on steam.exe and nothing happens. I right click on it and choose 'open' and it still won't start. There's no error message or anything, it just won't start.

I also have a couple shortcuts to games on my desktop (skyrim, fallout, etc.) and they do the same thing, they won't start up.

Anyone know what's wrong?
Old 06-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
devilinops

well i know in linex and windows once in a wile it gets buged and u have to end steam.exe in task manager not sure if mac has one but if so cheack if its not runing
devilinops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
batmansfoe

Talking same problem, here's what I did

Interesting, I just had this problem today, and I also am running Bootcamp on a Mac. I simply opened task manager with ctrl-alt-delete, went to processes, looked for and selected "Steam.exe", then clicked "End Process". I tried to open Steam again, and this time it worked!

Hope it works for you, let me know!

And Justin97927, no one asked for your opinion on Macs, so please keep your strong OS preferences to yourself, okay?
batmansfoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
Justin97927

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmansfoe View Post
Interesting, I just had this problem today, and I also am running Bootcamp on a Mac. I simply opened task manager with ctrl-alt-delete, went to processes, looked for and selected "Steam.exe", then clicked "End Process". I tried to open Steam again, and this time it worked!

Hope it works for you, let me know!

And Justin97927, no one asked for your opinion on Macs, so please keep your strong OS preferences to yourself, okay?
I will for now sorry. I just think they are completely overrated and are for people who don't know how to use computers. Apparently it upsets people when I give my opinion on them. Anyways I hope your issue is resolved. I think batman's advice is the best. See you all around.

Edit: Also, estutzer I stated my opinion and then I gave you your answer. Perhaps it would be smart to read the whole post?
Justin97927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
estutzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin97927 View Post
I will for now sorry. I just think they are completely overrated and are for people who don't know how to use computers. Apparently it upsets people when I give my opinion on them. Anyways I hope your issue is resolved. I think batman's advice is the best. See you all around.

Edit: Also, estutzer I stated my opinion and then I gave you your answer. Perhaps it would be smart to read the whole post?
I read the whole thing, I just didn't care what you had to say after the first few sentences. Giving your opinion is fine, no need to do it in such an immature fashion though.
estutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
batmansfoe

Talking no problem!

Quote:
No problem, friend. Just be careful when giving your opinion, sometimes it can be really easy to present it a little too strongly, you know? I should know, because I do it a lot.

Anyway, hope the issue is resolved, estutzer.
batmansfoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #7
Justin97927

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by estutzer View Post
I read the whole thing, I just didn't care what you had to say after the first few sentences. Giving your opinion is fine, no need to do it in such an immature fashion though.
Ok, friend. I apologize. One of the mods already spoke to me and I am on warning. I'm sorry for being a bit immature about it. Macs just enrage me. Anyways, I hope you resolve your issue. See you around.
Justin97927 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion