Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000

Old 06-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
Scruffy327

Question More aliens in skirmish?

Hey all!
Does anybody know of a way to increase the maximum number of aliens in skirmish? I count 8 each time.. Any Mods out there doing this? or is 8 the absolute limitation of the game.

I just love cutting through the hordes of zombies in l4d, but seeing a hundred simultaneous ALIENS running across "stranded" would blow my frickin mind!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
Mad Max RW

You can add more spawn points and increase their rate with the AvP Gold Edition tools. The thing is you need AvP Gold installed in order for the editors to work. Oh, and any operating system newer than Windows XP isn't supported.

I significantly increased their numbers in Stranded with my Redux mod. There's no limit to how many you can have on screen at once, but the game will lag and eventually start glitching or crash if you have too much.

If you have AvP Gold, Windows XP, and installed the tools correctly, I'll gladly explain how to increase the aliens in skirmish. It's very easy.
Mad Max RW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
DarkSoul Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max RW View Post
You can add more spawn points and increase their rate with the AvP Gold Edition tools. The thing is you need AvP Gold installed in order for the editors to work. Oh, and any operating system newer than Windows XP isn't supported.

I significantly increased their numbers in Stranded with my Redux mod. There's no limit to how many you can have on screen at once, but the game will lag and eventually start glitching or crash if you have too much.

If you have AvP Gold, Windows XP, and installed the tools correctly, I'll gladly explain how to increase the aliens in skirmish. It's very easy.
Speaking of which, you know how to change the numbers and types of enemies in the main levels?
I would love to put more flavor to some levels with more praetorians and predaliens and of course double the number of warriors.
DarkSoul Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Mad Max RW

Use the Inteng map editor to open a map. (By default just double clicking on a .rif map file will automatically open with Inteng.) Change Mode to Object Placement and find the NPC or player generators. When you select one you can edit the object properties and all the stuff is right there to change what kind of creature is spawned and how many. You can also go around and drop more generators and individual characters of any type.

Then after you're all done and saved, open the map with ccamain. The ccamain.exe editor is located in the Tools folder. Do File, Load..., find and select the map. Then select Edit and AvP Generator Properties. Here's an example from my edited version of Stranded with a boosted alien spawn rate:

Aliens-----Enemy Generated
75------Max NPCs Generated
100-----NPCs Generated Per Minute
0------Change in Generation Rate Per Minute
32000------Hive State Change Time (seconds)

The best thing to do is load up the map kens-co-op.RIF and study how things are done. Play around with different values to see what happens. Also remember to make backups before you edit anything.

Last edited by Mad Max RW: 06-02-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
DarkSoul Dragon

Thanks for the quick answer man, i'll try to make some changes monday for sure.
One last thing, all the tools we need are in the archive you linked before?
Old 06-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Mad Max RW

Yup, everything is there. Unzip avptools.zip and it creates a new official fox tools folder. Inside there is some more stuff, but the most important thing is running avptoolssetup.exe. If you don't have AvP Gold Edition installed the setup will quit by itself and you're screwed. I know there's probably a way to trick it with a simple edit of the windows registry, but I haven't explored it because I never had to.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
DarkSoul Dragon

I have already installed AvP Gold so i'll not have problems with that.
Thank you very much for the information.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
DarkSoul Dragon

Well, I was checking the tools like Mad Max told me and i have edited two RIFs, the level Tyrargo (Sulaco.rif) and Stranded (kens-co-op.rif) the latter with the specifications given by mad max.

Apparently these RIFS only work with the older version of the game, not the Steam version, but i'm not sure.

If anyone has the old version and want to try them here are:

Modded Rifs

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000