Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warlock - Master of the Arcane

Old 06-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
Natter91

Flying units make cities unhittable by melee units?

I captured a city by wearing it down with archers, then flying in with bats. It neighbored the enemy's capital, so naturally he retaliated with many infantry units. It's been dozens of turns so far, and not once have they attacked my city while the bats were there. Moved the bats off, they started to -- move the bats back the next turn, they stopped. Has anyone else noticed this? (Couldn't find anything already posted.)

Is this really intended behavior? It's unbalanced and doesn't really make sense.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:14 AM   #2
overread

Hmm I'm fairly sure air units won't protect a city from attack, however it might be that the ai is seeing the air units and assuming that it can't attack them with its ground units and thus is avoiding the hex (which just so happens to also be a city hex).
overread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
spammichvoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by overread View Post
Hmm I'm fairly sure air units won't protect a city from attack, however it might be that the ai is seeing the air units and assuming that it can't attack them with its ground units and thus is avoiding the hex (which just so happens to also be a city hex).
I think your right. I have captured a city with flying enemy ai unit in it. First i thought i canīt attack this city hex with my melee unit, cause of the flying unit in it, but i could.

Strangly was that not only the city got the damage, the flying unit took damage from my melee unit too, even if this is not possible in open land.

On the other side i think your right too, that an ai melee unit maybe donīt tries to attack a hex field with flying unit on it, and so is not able to conquer the city with flying unit in it.

If you find this poor from the ai and dont like it, that the ai donīt tries to attack your city, just donīt put a flying unit for protection in the city next time .... problem solved ;-)
spammichvoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Warlock - Master of the Arcane