Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Max Payne series > Max Payne 3

Old 06-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
miGma

Max Payne 3 Activation

Hey guys, I bought max payne 3, but I activated the game to my wrong social club account. I noticed that at that moment, I signed off and signed in to my new account, well, it didn't ask for activation code again. I played the game, collected many golden guns etc. but today I tried to join multiplayer for the first time but I couldn't do it. Then I signed in to my old account again and I could join multiplayer. The problem is, my old account is registered as under 18 year-old and so I can't achieve any of the games at social club site with that account. So all I need to do is to revoke the activation from my old account and apply it to my true one. But I don't know where I can do that - I reinstalled the game, it asked for activation again but when I wrote it, it said "it's used"

Help me..
Old 06-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
ɯıᴚƃ

I have the same problem. except me I deleted my old account that I activated.. So I'm stuck, can't play multiplayer anymore..

Please r* and steam. do something about this..
ɯıᴚƃ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
miGma

Need help guys!
miGma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #4
miGma

Nobody knows about this? All I need is to know how to revoke the activation. I'm really fuc*ed up atm..
Old 06-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
Caliente

Quote:
Originally Posted by miGma View Post
Nobody knows about this? All I need is to know how to revoke the activation. I'm really fuc*ed up atm..
You have to contact Rockstar and have them do this manually.
Caliente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:06 AM   #6
miGma

I sent an email over Mouthoff and Support, also wrote in the newswire. I know, that's totally my fault but I have to fix this asap, somehow..
Old 06-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #7
ToriksLV

I have the same problem too. I activated my key but social club logged into my old a.k.a. the wrong account. I have everything now on my new account (crews, friends and SP stats) but i can play only SP with that.

I dont know how to activate key for my newaccount. I saw that reinstalling doesnt fix the problem. :sadpanda:
ToriksLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #8
miGma

@ToriksLV Yes, the exact problem. I found this:

http://support.rockstargames.com/ent...quest-deletion

As you can see here, you can submit a request to delete your social club account. But according to 4th clause, I couldn't understand what will happen to my activation key if I delete the account? If I will be able to use my key again to activate another account (my true account), I will submit a request to delete my wrong account. Answer that for me please.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #9
ToriksLV

Ye i didnt understand too, will i be able to activate my key for the new account. hmm not sure, maybe ask them on twitter.
ToriksLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
miGma

I don't have a twitter account, mate, can you do it instead of me?
Old 06-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
ɯıᴚƃ

So what? Because we saw on rockstar support we had to delete our account to change our name, we are stuck without multiplayer?

Wtf.. Please rockstar fix it.. It's so unfair..
Old 06-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
miGma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ɯıᴚƃ View Post
So what? Because we saw on rockstar support we had to delete our account to change our name, we are stuck without multiplayer?

Wtf.. Please rockstar fix it.. It's so unfair..
I'm trying to find an answer to that, will the key still be valid for use after the deletion? It MUST, but I don't know if it is..
Old 06-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #13
Gordon

not meaning to upset anyone and not that this will be any help but it does state clearly that this activation will be locked to the social account you have signed in to , it even gives you the option to back out and login into another account so you don't do exactly what you have done , can't see rockstar doing anything about this but then again you may get lucky
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
ɯıᴚƃ

@RockstarSupport Deleting the old account will delete the MAX3 activation, so can i make a new and activate to that account?

@jocphi The activation is permanently tied to that one account and the key can only be used with that one account.

Really nice seriously.. I want a refund.. It's not fair..
Old 06-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #15
miGma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ɯıᴚƃ View Post
@RockstarSupport Deleting the old account will delete the MAX3 activation, so can i make a new and activate to that account?

@jocphi The activation is permanently tied to that one account and the key can only be used with that one account.

Really nice seriously.. I want a refund.. It's not fair..
Pff.. So I wasted all the money? Games are much more expensive here in Turkey, and I won't be able to play the game just because of one stupid account mistake? That can't be true. They must give me a new serial and delete the wrong account. That's what Support should do.

I'm not one of those blamers, I LOVED the game, it worked without any problems and I could play as maxed out without any optimization problem, but those answers that Support gives me are making me mad. So what, I won't be able to play the multiplayer of the game which I paid for? The answers they give are always like this: "Sorry, we can't do that at the moment, maybe in the future." And of course we all know that this is a lie, nothing will be solved in the future.

Last edited by miGma: 06-04-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Max Payne series > Max Payne 3