Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 06-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #76
broadwey_again

Damn they're alot better than the ones we heard a few months ago which was just Chet saying stuff.
broadwey_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #77
DaVinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by xk319 View Post
There are no clicks in game or in the actual .wav files. That's some issue with the clip on YouTube.

Each class gets their own unique voice.....with a few variations for every single line to avoid repetition, we're talking thousands of new lines for the game.
Thank you for remaking the voice lines for the bots (but I don't see their use... no one is playing on a server with bots)
But you still didn't answer my question.

Will there be new voice lines for the voice command menu ????? (when you press Z, X or C) (like "Go, go go!"; "Get out of there, it's gonna blow!") Or just recasting them ??? Or none of these ?!

If you renew the voices of the BOTS (where no player/server owner uses them in their servers; ==== wasting your time, Valve, - I'm sorry - but that's it), then why not renew/make new voice lines for the VOICE COMMAND MENU too ? (where players actually use them... well, not all, I admit, but some of them use the voice commands)

Tell us, Valve! Or is it a surprise ? (If so, then you must renew those too!)

Last edited by DaVinci: 06-10-2012 at 01:40 PM.
DaVinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #78
broadwey_again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
You still didn't answer my question.

Will there be new voice lines for the voice command menu ????? (when you press Z, X or C) (like "Go, go go!"; "Get out of there, it's gonna blow!") Or just recasting them ??? Or none of these ?!

If you renew the voices of the BOTS (where no player/server owner uses them in their servers; ==== wasting your time, Valve, - I'm sorry - but that's it), then why not renew/make new voice lines for the VOICE COMMAND MENU too ? (where players actually use them... well, not all, I admit, but some of them use the voice commands)

Tell us, Valve! Or is it a surprise ? (If so, then you must renew those too!)
Yes they're doing those to:

Source: Old placeholders were there for them which were different than current ones.
broadwey_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #79
Warboss Choppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwey_again View Post
Yes they're doing those to:

Source: Old placeholders were there for them which were different than current ones.
So are you the primary source?
Warboss Choppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:09 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #80
xk319

Valve
Voice command lines are all re-recorded, so that's all new as well. Some of the old phrasing is used here and there, but as said we've tried for a lot of variation within a given line to keep things perpetually fresh. There are three lines that are going to stay the same in the game, no new recordings for these three. By that I mean three lines that you currently here in game will stay the same....think about which ones are iconic.....just wouldn't be cs without them .

Oh, and yes we realize the importance of short to the point voice comms. The virtual world does match the real world in this case.
xk319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #81
Warboss Choppa

Quote:
Voice command lines are all re-recorded, so that's all new as well. Some of the old phrasing is used here and there, but as said we've tried for a lot of variation within a given line to keep things perpetually fresh. There are three lines that are going to stay the same in the game, no new recordings for these three. By that I mean three lines that you currently here in game will stay the same....think about which ones are iconic.....just wouldn't be cs without them .

Oh, and yes we realize the importance of short to the point voice comms. The virtual world does match the real world in this case.
Only 3 are iconic?

Fire in the hole
You take the point
Go go go
Affirmative
Roger that
Follow me
Get out of there it's gonna blow

These are only just 7 of the ones that without the same voice just wouldn't feel like CS.

New ZXC sounds should be optional.

Last edited by Warboss Choppa: 06-10-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Warboss Choppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #82
4yMl

Quote:
There are three lines that are going to stay the same in the game, no new recordings for these three. By that I mean three lines that you currently here in game will stay the same....think about which ones are iconic.....just wouldn't be cs without them .
It's probably:

-"Counter-Terrorists Win"
-"Terrorists Win"
-"Round draw or The bomb has been defused"

Last edited by 4yMl: 06-10-2012 at 08:22 PM.
4yMl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #83
youmenow1

I'm pretty sure atleast "GO GO GO" would be in there somewhere.
youmenow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #84
plons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4yMl View Post
It's probably:

-"Terrorists Win"
These ones. I remember the first time I heard "Counter-terrorists win". God, how badass i felt back then.
plons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #85
lakshay1995

Banned
Quote:

Woohoo!!
Thanks! My excitement level is sky high!

Btw, when is the update? Is the technical issue fixed or will it take some more time?
lakshay1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #86
Labs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4yMl View Post
It's probably:

-"Terrorists Win"
The 3rd HAS to be ''Go, go, go'' or ''FIRE IN THE HOLE''
Labs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #87
J3Di

Maybe Jess Cliffe will record some new voice-overs I'm sure he'd enjoy it!
COUNTER-TERRORISTS WIN!
J3Di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #88
plons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labs View Post
The 3rd HAS to be ''Go, go, go'' or ''FIRE IN THE HOLE''
Yeah, 3rd one needs to be "fire in the hole".
plons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #89
ilv

Quote:

Counter-Terroirsts win! I love Jess' voice
ilv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #90
N3tRunn3r

Quote:
...By that I mean three lines that you currently here in game will stay the same....think about which ones are iconic.....just wouldn't be cs without them .

I guess, these 3 lines are:

- footsteps/jump noise
- headshot/helmet sound
- buying weapons/clips sound [!!!]

- i am not sure about the noise of buying kevlar tho, since it was different in CSCZ

Best Regards
N3

N3tRunn3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive