Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Old 06-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
danbly

Can i trade steam wallet?

Can i trade steam wallet? i saw a lot of people adding steam wallet in title, thread, i'd like if posible to get a game cheaper so if i can trade steam wallet i'd be verry nice . Can anyone tell me?
Old 06-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
Spykirby

they likely let you pick a game and trade that. I don't think you can trade steam wallet funds though.
Spykirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Applebee

Soon...
Applebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
danbly

thx for the quick answer guys
danbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
rmartinezdl

waiting for that since I dont have paypal
rmartinezdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
alexUW

I hope they never implement trading STEAM wallet; horrible idea.
What happens when someone gives you fraudulent wallet funds, and you use those wallet funds in addition to actual money you have to buy a game? imo, you'll lose the game AND the "real" money you put towards it.

As to OP, "STEAM Wallet" for trading means you can tell the trader what game you want them to buy.
alexUW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
Satoru

No

Please remember this rule of thumb when trading

If your trade does not fit into a SINGLE trade window. DO NOT DO IT.

Do you see an option for Paypal, SteamWallet, etc etc in the Trade Window? Nope? Then STOP and do not do the trade. This is an express train to scam-ville. You WILL lose money. You WILL lose your game. We WILL laugh at you when you come back to the forums.
Satoru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
Tito Shivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexUW View Post
What happens when someone gives you fraudulent wallet funds, and you use those wallet funds in addition to actual money you have to buy a game? imo, you'll lose the game AND the "real" money you put towards it.
They need to have everything locked under seven locks & keys before doing that move.
Wallet trading is indeed a thing that can blow up pretty bad on Valve's face if something goes wrong.
Tito Shivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #9
MaxDaten

Won't happen ever, I guess. With tradable money steam starts to be a bank and would need a bank licence with serval requirments and orders to prevent money laundering for e.g.
MaxDaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
ultrapwner

when someone says trade steam wallet, they mean they will buy something for you in the store for a certain amount in exchange for your game
ultrapwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #11
BurnedToast

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexUW View Post
I guess that means we should tell paypal that they have a horrible idea that will never work because of the possibility of fraud. It's kind of a surprise since paypal has been around for 14 years but since it's effectively the same thing as wallet trading would be and you say it's impossible it must be!

I for one would love to see steam wallet trade, it would make trading easier instead of having to rely on TF2 metal or earbuds or whatever other crap as a currency and it would probably cut down on fraud too (since less people would fall for "paypal" scams if you could just add money right to the trade).

Now if it's worth it for valve to jump through whatever legal hoops they might have to, I don't know.

Last edited by BurnedToast: 08-19-2012 at 02:13 PM.
BurnedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
PELUXA1

Nope!
PELUXA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #13
WarKirby

never going to happen. paypal has thousands of people just dedicated to keeping fraud, money laundering and other criminal activity at bay so they can continue operating. it's pretty unlikely that valve would subject themselves to that when paypal already exists.

any service that allows users to transfer money between themselves, or to withdraw it, is essentially painting a huge bullseye on it's , and it literally needs it's own police force to make it workable.
WarKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #14
Tito Shivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiskefyren View Post
you people are stupid... there would be no problem for steam to do this, but they probably (most likely) won't but that's because of reasons dumbasses like you people wouldn't be able to figure out as you have no bloody idea about marketing.
May you highness enlighten our humble clouded peasants minds with the sacred blessing of your secret knowledge, obtained on the holy fountain of i-know-it-all???
Tito Shivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #15
bluz74

Valve could hire "Wallet Inspector's" like in real life, to manage the transactions. The inspection's take awhile though. I'm still waiting to get my wallet back.
bluz74 is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion